good place for bulk ammo?

CM1021

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope sorry.

Frequently Asked Questions

"I live near Knoxville, TN, can I pick up my order at your office?

Sorry, but our product actually ships out of our warehouse in Ohio. Due to security reasons, our warehouse in Ohio does not offer local pick-up. We have consolidated our fulfillment operations in one location to take advantage of various cost savings. This allows us to in turn offer you better prices."

- OS

so what's in Knoxville? Just the HQ?

They ship out of Ohio but you pay taxes in TN? :screwy:

Oh well, :shrug: thanks for checking.

Blame the taxes thing on every State. If a company has any physical operation (including executive offices - like Lucky Gunner), they have to charge sales tax in that state. With Amazon getting ready to open a distribution center near Chattanooga, we're all gonna get hit with sales tax on purchases from Amazon. :(

No idea. Never heard of them before.

Some sort of tax advantage, usually. "HQ" probably just the mail drop.

- OS

Yes, I believe it's just the HQ. I've had good experiences with Lucky Gunner by the way. And the profits stay in Tennessee. :screwy:

• 3 months later...
Guest Joshua8200

It's probably been said, but www.luckygunner.com has good prices on ammo and a lot of variety. I just got into shooting and discovered their site when searching for bulk ammo. They seem to have a focus on customer satisfaction and word of mouth advertising.

I ordered ammo on a Sunday night, and it arrived on Wednesday afternoon (shipped from Ohio).

Guest The Highlander
He lives in the tricities and no one has suggested wideners? Besides wal mart I buy all my ammo there. Widener's is located in Johnson City. So if you pick it up its free shipping.

Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply INC

When I was shooting shotguns (a lot!), I bought my ammo from Widener's. Actually shot some with him and a bunch of the employees at Unaka Rod & Gun. But, he had an actual gun shop across from the Super Wally-world at the time. Suddenly closed it up, with a buddy's Browning in layaway. Then for a while he was not selling anything except mail order, then he was open to the "public" again. I guess now they are open for business other than mail order. Used to have great prices, but I got tired of driving down there to find them closed.

The Highlander

I usually just load my own on a rainy day like this. You can pick up powder and primers at the local gun store, or at a show. Brass and bullets can be had very cheaply if you have patience and watch the classified ads on forums like this. Sometimes people even send you free reloading supplies!:( I've got a pretty goos supply of most everything at the moment, but I'm always on the lookout for a deal.

We've been kicking it back and forth all afternoon. I've always been a brass guy, but 19 cents a round works for me when it comes to range ammo. I'm convinced enough that I ordered a thousand rounds.

Smart man. My AR eats 'em like candy...

I usually just load my own on a rainy day like this. You can pick up powder and primers at the local gun store, or at a show. Brass and bullets can be had very cheaply if you have patience and watch the classified ads on forums like this. Sometimes people even send you free reloading supplies!:( I've got a pretty goos supply of most everything at the moment, but I'm always on the lookout for a deal.

You have some nice guns. I won't run any cheesy ammo through any of my regular rifles. With an AR, you just replace a part fast and cheap if you tear something up.