I never thought it would happen to me.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully with your certifications you will be able to find something quickly.

Good luck.

Yeah, I am more concerned about some of my coworkers who don't have degrees and certifications. I hate the thought of any individual losing his or her job, but it really hits home when your coworkers are like family.

Lunarpowered,

Hate to hear that. I'm always looking to hire great people with IT knowledge. I don't have dedicated IT positions but, it is in a technical field that IT knowledge is certainly helpful. Sent you a PM for yourself or others you work with that might be interested.

Jay

sorry to read of you job loss, good luck in your search.

I think though the job situation in the US is a statement to how things have changed here over the last few decades. We do not produce product anymore.

Most jobs people have are jobs that when it boils down to it are not necessary. The jobs that were necessary are gone, other countries do our producing now.

Been there, done that. Twice.

The first job lasted 7 years, the 2nd lasted 7 months, been at the 3rd for about 3 years. Since you said "scheduled" I assume that means you've got some time to look before you get the boot. Job hunting sucks, but there is work out there. My best advice is the get the word out. Networking is very valuable in this slow job market.

Lunarpowered,

Hate to hear that. I'm always looking to hire great people with IT knowledge. I don't have dedicated IT positions but, it is in a technical field that IT knowledge is certainly helpful. Sent you a PM for yourself or others you work with that might be interested.

Jay

Jay,

I appreciate you going out of your way and taking the time to send that PM. I have replied to it and I couldn't agree more with Rightwinger.

Sorry to hear about your job. Here hoping you find one soon

I am going to send you a PM to a place to look into, however I assume the closest office I know of to you would be 2 far. I do not know if they have anything in Memphis or not. But it might not hurt to look with all of your certs.

sorry to read of you job loss, good luck in your search.

I think though the job situation in the US is a statement to how things have changed here over the last few decades. We do not produce product anymore.

Most jobs people have are jobs that when it boils down to it are not necessary. The jobs that were necessary are gone, other countries do our producing now.

Mike it the nail on the head. I have said it for years, if your jobs could be done at home or remotely, it could be done in another country just as easy and they know it. About the only jobs that are safe are jobs that require a person hands on. Low tech jobs are the safest, manual labor, the things we were told to go to school to avoid remember? I remember my dad telling me to go to school, get an education so I would not have to work in a breaking my bad in a coal mine or factory, but if they keep sending all these good jobs overseas that is all that will be left.

Edited by vontar
Guest tnxdshooter
I have recently been informed my job is scheduled to be moved to another state and outsourced to an external company.

I was completely blindsided by this announcement; however, God gave me the job I currently have and I trust him to provide again.

That happened to me back in 01 when BellSouth outsourced to India and the Phillipines.

Guest Letereat!
I have recently been informed my job is scheduled to be moved to another state and outsourced to an external company.

I was completely blindsided by this announcement; however, God gave me the job I currently have and I trust him to provide again.

That does indeed blow large chunks. How long you got till the hatchet falls?

Hopefully with your certifications you will be able to find something quickly.

Good luck.

+1 to that, hopefully you will not have to face the decision of having to move for something now, or stay put and hope something comes down the chute locally.

....and still only give them two weeks notice when you moved. I like to think I'm one of the more loyal employees where ever I go but when they pull the rug from under you, you owe them only what's proper at that point. Find your next position, smile and hand them your written notice and work as always for two weeks, burn no bridges but let no moss grow under you.

heck the two week notice when quitting is sketchy anymore. A lot of place will tell you to go ahead and just go on when you give notice. New employer might not be ready for you to start so you get cut out of pay possibly. I have seen this happen, especially with sales and tech jobs. And I think it is automatic to get sent sailing if you have access to sensitive information.