Fake Rolex

Guest strelcevina

Guest strelcevina

how to spot a fake Rolex from few inches away

""The Cyclops on a genuine Rolex watch will be magnified by 2.4. A replica will have either no magnification or a very small amount of magnification. On a genuine, the date should practically fill up the Cyclops.""

Fonts-on-Genuine-and-Replica.jpg

Quesion is .

How do you spot real one from few feet away sitting on the same table next to person who wears one?????

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or just don't sit next to douches that wear fake watches.

I can usually tell if their watch is fake without looking at the watch, but simply by sight, smell, and listening to the bull**** coming out of their mouth....

(which is why I refuse to sit next to TGODavid anymore! :D)

• Admin Team

There are some truly amazing counterfeits out there today, if you can use that term to describe a fake. Especially in the space of the major watches - Submariner, Navitimer, etc... there are some counterfeits that literally look like they came from the same factory. "Cyclops" is right, fonts are right movement is right, holograms are correct, lug spacing, serial numbers, etc...

We've done some work in the space, and even have seen cases of genuine dealers being fooled and taking them in on trade. Of course, by the time you've bought a good counterfeit, you've spent a good bit of money that could be put toward the genuine article. These aren't your Times Square specials.

A friend of mine bought a high end replica while overseas. When all the other fakes were in the $20-$30 range he spent $200. It was a nice replica and you could see a difference between his and the lower end fakes.

Upon returning to the states he took his replica to a Rolex dealer. The dealer looked it over and declared it a real Rolex. My friend told him it was a replica and the dealer said he couldn't tell from outward appearances. My friend told him to remove the back plate to inspect and the dealer still didn't believe it was a replica. Even after my friend told him it was a replica the dealer still offered him $2500 for the replica because the dealer stillbelieved it was real. My friend passed on the offer and still wears it to this days.

Dolomite

Guest tnxdshooter
A friend of mine bought a high end replica while overseas. When all the other fakes were in the $20-$30 range he spent $200. It was a nice replica and you could see a difference between his and the lower end fakes.

Upon returning to the states he took his replica to a Rolex dealer. The dealer looked it over and declared it a real Rolex. My friend told him it was a replica and the dealer said he couldn't tell from outward appearances. My friend told him to remove the back plate to inspect and the dealer still didn't believe it was a replica. Even after my friend told him it was a replica the dealer still offered him $2500 for the replica because the dealer stillbelieved it was real. My friend passed on the offer and still wears it to this days.

Dolomite

I think I would have said SOLD! and walked out the door with 2500 dollars.

Dolomite

dude, you seem to have a story for EVERYTHING....you must have a lot of friends.

Does it matter? If I see what appears to be a Rolex, I know the person is a moron - either for spending that much on a watch, or for wanting to look like they spent that much on a watch.

+1

If I even wore a watch I could buy a lot of $30 to $40 watches in my lifetime and still spend a fraction of what a Rolex cost.

Guest strelcevina
Does it matter? If I see what appears to be a Rolex, I know the person is a moron - either for spending that much on a watch, or for wanting to look like they spent that much on a watch.

lol :D that's good one ....Looking at a Moron who wears it .

i saw a fake Rolex and it looks as good as real one. only way you could noticed that is a fake was experienced eye looking at it from few inches away .

i think only way to spot one from few feet away ,is if you guess and you get lucky

I have heard the Rolex action has smooth hands with no ticking movement like most clocks and watches. Another way for most is that Rolex does not use plastic in the internal components. Not a Rolex expert, just watch way too much Pawn Stars.

Edited by bigwakes

LOL. Perfectly content "moron" checking in. :D I love my GMT Master......wouldn't trade it for anything.

I have heard the Rolex action has smoth hands with no ticking movement like most clocks and watches.

Actually, a real Rolex does have a ticking movement, however the movements are so minute, that it appears (from a distance) that the second hand is moving smoothly. If you look a one closely, you will see the slight ticking of the second hand.

I have heard the Rolex action has smoth hands with no ticking movement like most clocks and watches. Another way for most is that Rolex does not use plastic in the internal components. Not a Rolex expert, just watch way too much Pawn Stars.

A Rolex is an automatic watch. Personally, I do not like Rolex. I prefer Omega and Breitling. I think they make better watches.

I scratch my head at those who buy fake watches. Either buy the real thing or buy a less expensive but better quality watch than the fake watch. It seems that some who buy those fake watches are trying to impress other people. Don't, because nobody really gives a crap about what kind of watch you wear.

LOL. Perfectly content "moron" checking in. :D I love my GMT Master......wouldn't trade it for anything.

Present company excluded from the broad stroke of the paintbrush, of course! :)

I've heard that there are a lot of really good quality replicas out there. Why not put all that effort into making a different brand of quality watches? If they can make a product that works as well (or almost as well) at a fraction of the cost, it seems there would be a market. I never underestimate the ingenuity of criminals.

I'm a true amateur watch-lover (I have mid-range watches, such as Bulova, etc. and some cheap ones from Invicta, etc.), but I've seen some stuff that's a direct replica of brands such as Omega, Breitling, and of course the ever-copied Rolex, that was so dead-on, that to be able to tell one would have to pull the back cover and examine closely. It's amazing, the detail that counterfeiters will go to, to reproduce a well-known and expensive brand.

If you'd like to see some of these, WATCH-REPLICA.NET has many, many examples of fakes that go the extra mile. Please don't support these people, though... grey-market counterfeiters are scum.

• Admin Team
If you'd like to see some of these, WATCH-REPLICA.NET has many, many examples of fakes that go the extra mile. Please don't support these people, though... grey-market counterfeiters are scum.

I'll add an extra caution to anyone thinking of supporting them, that your $400 Rolex knock off very well may get confiscated at the border if customs happens to scan the package. Single watches shipping from an individual overseas to an individual in the states are almost all counterfeits. You are definitely rolling the dice dealing with these guys.

A Rolex is an automatic watch. Personally, I do not like Rolex. I prefer Omega and Breitling. I think they make better watches.

I scratch my head at those who buy fake watches. Either buy the real thing or buy a less expensive but better quality watch than the fake watch. It seems that some who buy those fake watches are trying to impress other people. Don't, because nobody really gives a crap about what kind of watch you wear.

Not all Rolex's are automatic watches. Mine is an older manual wind, non-datejust model. I do have a nice Breitling but it is a gold chrno so I dont wear it much... If it were silver I would wear it daily and not the Rolex or TAG. I am looking for a Casio G-Shock Riseman to wear on days where a "dress watch" is not necessary.

dude, you seem to have a story for EVERYTHING....you must have a lot of friends.

Been on this earth a little while, travelling most of the time and the only reason I remember this is because I was able to compare some low end fakes to his high end one. We meet later and I asked how his fake was holding up because one of mine had died. That is when he told me the story of the dealer. I remember comparing his to others trying to figure out if the extra money was worth it. And seeing as well as feeling the difference was obvious. His job was worth way more than the $2000 he would have got from the watch. Most charges would have cost him his clearance, especially something like a theft.

Dolomite

Guest Scramasax

I'm no moron, jsut alittle slow. Mine was a present from a lady after spending a long weekend in St.Thomas.After my return flight took off,The stewardess (not flight attendent) brought me a tray with an open 5th of rum, set up and a wrapped box. The box contained A GMT and note along with a picture.:)

I can remember when Raybans,Randalls,Rolexes,and a ruby ring were the standard uniform.:D

Cheers,

ts

I don't need one, a timex is all I need, if I even wear a watch. In general I don't.

I don't either. My Ipod lets me know when I need to be anywhere. Other than that I don't really care what time it is. And as much as I complain about my Ipod I don't think I will ever live without it again. It has become such a useful part of my life.

Dolomite

I'm no moron, jsut alittle slow. Mine was a present from a lady after spending a long weekend in St.Thomas.After my return flight took off,The stewardess (not flight attendent) brought me a tray with an open 5th of rum, set up and a wrapped box. The box contained A GMT and note along with a picture.:D

I can remember when Raybans,Randalls,Rolexes,and a ruby ring were the standard uniform.:shrug:

Cheers,

ts

Alright, Beowulf...JAMES BOND music started playing as I read your post!! LOL! This would be great opening scene from new spy movie starring Keifer Sutherland! You need to get a good agent (and book editor) pronto! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk