Near Miss for a Tennessee Handgun Instructor

Guest Legally Armed

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any gun out there can KB. I've seen pictures of 1911, Glocks, XD's, H&k's, Sig's and even revolvers Kabooms..

+1; But there are probably more Glock KBs than XD KBs.... Why???... But because their are more Glocks being used and abused. Why??? Because Glocks are generally more worthy of use and abuse... With all that use and abuse comes improper care and some people who insist on using the wrong ammo.... Hence more KBs....

+1; But there are probably more Glock KBs than XD KBs.... Why???... But because their are more Glocks being used and abused. Why??? Because Glocks are generally more worthy of use and abuse... With all that use and abuse comes improper care and some people who insist on using the wrong ammo.... Hence more KBs....

I would say that you hear about more Glocks just because there are more of them out there. That and their lack of fully supported chambers.

Guest GLOCKGUY

You won't find an automatic with a "fully supported" chamber per-say because of the way they operate. But Glocks has made big changes to their barrels over the years.

12495_CaseSupport21_1.jpg

Edited by GLOCKGUY
The article states the ammo was Wolf; that is the culprit in my opinion. I can’t believe anyone puts that commy crap in their weapons.

Uh oh! :D

I've shot somewhere b/w 700 & 1000 rounds of cheap commie crap (Wolf, Bear, Tula) in my CZ P-01 (steel & aluminum) all the time. I also shoot cheap reloads in my Ruger SP101 (built like a freakin' tank) all the time too.

I WILL NOT shoot this same stuff in my Glock (plastic), though. However, I did read at the link below that there is not a single confirmed kb report from any of the 9mm Glock models.

Glock kB! FAQ v1.35

Uh oh! :D

I've shot somewhere b/w 700 & 1000 rounds of cheap commie crap (Wolf, Bear, Tula) in my CZ P-01 (steel & aluminum) all the time. I also shoot cheap reloads in my Ruger SP101 (built like a freakin' tank) all the time too.

I WILL NOT shoot this same stuff in my Glock (plastic), though. However, I did read at the link below that there is not a single confirmed kb report from any of the 9mm Glock models.

Glock kB! FAQ v1.35

If I were a betting man I would say .40 S&W has the highest possibility due to tue very high pressure. I can't see the pic on my iPod can y'all tell what caliber it is?

I wonder how routine cleaning and maintenance effects the number of reported KBs.

I am not a gunsmith, but feel I am familar enough with my firearms to know during cleaning and inspection if something looks different after each shooting session.

Since I always clean my guns after each shooting session, I should notice if there strange wear marks where there weren't any before.

I understand Glocks and many other brands can go many sessions before requiring cleaning, so pending failures may not be noticed until the fatal KB.

Guest GLOCKGUY

Glocks are not perfect, nothing man-made is, but I trust my life to their reliability. The overwhelming majority of blown Glocks are from lead build up or poor quality reloads and few are from bad factory loads. I know their are a few that have had manufacturing defects, but I have not seen one yet that caused a KB.

Barrel walls are thicker on 9mms than 40S&Ws. They have the same outside diameter, but the .40 has a 1mm bigger hole bored through it. This is especially true with the 9mm/40S&W comparison. The 9mm, 10mm, and 40S&W all work in the same pressure area: 35,000 p.s.i. The 40 has a much thinner barrel to contain the same high pressures that the 9mm does with its much thicker barrel.