bank carry

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems that a bunch of people think that you cannot carry in a bank if it is a member of FDIC. In fact, one of my friends was told this when he took his permit class. I told him that was just asinine, and he should probably find a new source for learning the law.

My instructor said, "technically you shouldn't carry in a bank that is covered by FDIC because it coulod be classed as Federal property but that was a stretch" Left it up to each of us to decide. Regions branch in Tullahoma has a gun buster sign by front door.

My instructor said, "technically you shouldn't carry in a bank that is covered by FDIC because it coulod be classed as Federal property but that was a stretch" Left it up to each of us to decide. Regions branch in Tullahoma has a gun buster sign by front door.

FDIC has nothing to do with the property or the building. It only insures the account. This kind of logic would be akin to saying that if you have federal flood insurance, you can not carry in your house.

Guest rsgillmd
Yeah the Regions thing is really annoying. Thought about switching to First Tennessee.

I have a Regions account for direct deposit, because it was the first bank I saw when I moved here. I didn't see a sign at their 140? Union Ave. branch, but i haven't been in there since September or October.

No bank is paying much of an interest rate, but the last I looked Bank of America is better than First Tennessee at that. That's why I've slowly been transferring money to my Bank of America account (my original bank from NJ/NY). I keep a lit bit in my First Tennessee account as spending money, but mainly use Bank of America these days (bills, etc). The last I checked in December the Bank of America branch at the intersection of Union Extended and Poplar was not posted.

FDIC has nothing to do with the property or the building. It only insures the account. This kind of logic would be akin to saying that if you have federal flood insurance, you can not carry in your house.

Don't give Congress any ideas :shrug:

Guest nj.piney

i banked at regions bank for 19 years , they put up the gunbusters sign and i moved my checking and savings to ORNL credit union .

when my cd and ira renew i will be moving them also . p.s. my banker told me it was o. k. for me to carry past the sign . i just laughed and transferred my accounts .

I find it annoying when any business decides to post; I find it especially annoying and troubling when it's a bank since 1) I am often entering or leaving my bank with a good bit of cash and 2) bank robbers have a habit of robbing banks.

Thankfully, my bank (Fifth-Third) has not posted but if they ever do I'll be moving my accounts elsewhere.

• Administrator
thanks ,he was told this by the guy that gave him the hand guns carry class
This really annoys me every time I see it.

You would think one requirement of teaching a HCP class would be to know where you can and can not carry.

Agree with Fallguy. Post the names of these instructors so that we all know who has no business teaching the HCP class.

Agree with Fallguy. Post the names of these instructors so that we all know who has no business teaching the HCP class.

you would be surprised how many instructors don't know the laws. I took my carry class at Gunny's and while the guy was really nice and helpful, he had no clue what the current laws were.

you would be surprised how many instructors don't know the laws. I took my carry class at Gunny's and while the guy was really nice and helpful, he had no clue what the current laws were.

Nah..."I" wouldn't be too surprised. Have spoke with a couple myself that weren't up to date.

However....I don't think the "safety" class was every actually supposed to go over the law that much. It really should be up to each person to learn the laws for themselves. That is why in general I think the less said is better....I'd rather see no information given than mis-information.

My friend took his class at Executive Protection in Tullahoma. I think they are out of business now, but during his class last summer, they told him he could not carry in a bank, state park, or anywhere alcohol was sold (not just consumed, so included would be gas stations, grocery stores, etc.)

My friend took his class at Executive Protection in Tullahoma. I think they are out of business now, but during his class last summer, they told him he could not carry in a bank, state park, or anywhere alcohol was sold (not just consumed, so included would be gas stations, grocery stores, etc.)

I truly hope they are out of business if that is what they were teaching.....

• Administrator

From all of the stories I've heard about those guys, and from the email the guy who owned the place sent me when he saw a negative review posted by a member here, they should have been driven out of business a long time ago. Some people have no business being in business and, based strictly on my personal opinion of him from what he said in that email, he's definitely one of them.