Knox Gun Show

I didn't bother going to this show. It's just too damn nice out this weekend!! :D

I'm waiting for the March 12-13 show at Expo. I should have my tax refund by then and I'll be looking for a Saiga-12 or a Mauser.... or both :D And like others, I prefer the Expo show... just a better setup.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the EXPO show a lot better than Chilhowee? I have been to the show at Chilhowee several times, but I have never been to the EXPO show.

define better? It's a little less crowded at the Expo and there is usually more room to move around. I prefer the Expo.

Is the EXPO show a lot better than Chilhowee? I have been to the show at Chilhowee several times, but I have never been to the EXPO show.

In one word, yes. The lighting is better, there is more room between vendors, the facilities are better, and the crowd it draws seems higher class of people. The dealers are the same for the most part but there seems to be less flea market crap at the Expo Center than at Chilhowee.

The only bad part to the Expo Center is their rent a cops who think they have he authority to steal your property. They steal hundreds of dollars worth of private property at every show under the assumption a sign makes it legal to do so. If that is the case I need to mark my drive with a sign saying trucks are not allowed and then seize them as they enter, pointing to the sign like the rent a cops as I take the private property.

Dolomite

Guest NashvegasMatt
I

The only bad part to the Expo Center is their rent a cops who think they have he authority to steal your property. They steal hundreds of dollars worth of private property at every show under the assumption a sign makes it legal to do so. If that is the case I need to mark my drive with a sign saying trucks are not allowed and then seize them as they enter, pointing to the sign like the rent a cops as I take the private property.

Dolomite

elaborate perhaps...?

elaborate perhaps...?

I believe he is referring to the fact that you are not allowd to carry loaded magazines into the show. And security will take the ammo out of the mag and return the mag but not the ammo. There have been a few complaints about this. My stance on the matter is just don't take it out of your pocket, it's not like they pat you down. They have to see it to take it. Now does that make it legall for them to seize your ammo, no, but I can say they have never taken any of my ammo and that's not to say I haven't carried into the show either :D

This show was good for a few chuckles. Lots of blades at this show, but I didn't leave with anything but a Schrade pocket knife. I didn't bother taking my pre 64 inside as there were no Winchester collectors or obvious affectionados present.

I went. Took the wife and the daughter. I hadn't been to a show at Chilhowee, not sure if I will go to another one there.

I saw Dolomite, he helped me spot a smoking deal on a Romanian AK. He actually came in the door right behind us.

Now you need to come over and shoot it. I need to go look but I am pretty sure I have soem 7.62x39 laying around.

Dolomite

yea it was leaning on the back of my table just had bought it

That is unbelievable, just grabbed it and walked off? I'm sorry for your loss, it's sad that while some see a fun gathering for a nice day others see an opportunity to steal. Hope he shoots himself in the leg with it

Guest Classickbass
Half or more of them are there every year.

Indeed, the one on March 12 that Classickbass just asked about is at Expo.

Here's 'bout as good as any site for TN gunshows schedule:

Gun Show Listings ForTennesee

- OS

Isn't this expo center right off Clinton Hwy? Any directions would be much appreciated(I am somewhat familiar with the area as I use to live on Yow Road in Powell and played golf at Knoxville Municipal Golf Course on Schaad Road). I will be going to the show that Sunday, hope to see some of you there.