RUGER LC9

kieefer

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fooled around with one at TN Gun Country in Clarksville. It was mine if I wanted it at about 374.00 before tax and TICs, but I get 10% retired Army discount. I so wanted it to be a Keltec P32 "big." As it is it seems fine. But I am not sure if I personally gain anything over my Star BMsor BKM. My tricked out Sharkskin Glock 26's seem to be the better option.

I played with one today and loved it but Im going to wait. Gt dist had 2 left and they were $329 which would make it $375 ish after tax and transfer. It resembles the lcp inside and not a sr9 thankfully. It was very easy to take apart and reassemble.

Has it hit the stores yet?

Who has it?

Any first impressions?

:tough:

They were passing one around at shooter's depo in chattanooga, I played with it cause it was there. Its about what I expected, you pull the trigger, and pull, and pull, and pull some more, did it shoot yet? Nope, keep going .... bang (actually click, we didnt have ammo in it)! The size is awesome: if someone makes this in a micro 1911 (like the p238) It will be in my pocket like yesterday. As it is, I am stuck with the 380 for my mousegun.

Guest Sgt. Joe
They were passing one around at shooter's depo in chattanooga, I played with it cause it was there. Its about what I expected, you pull the trigger, and pull, and pull, and pull some more, did it shoot yet? Nope, keep going .... bang (actually click, we didnt have ammo in it)! The size is awesome: if someone makes this in a micro 1911 (like the p238) It will be in my pocket like yesterday. As it is, I am stuck with the 380 for my mousegun.

If you are stuck with a P238 for a mouse gun IMO you are stuck with a pretty darn good little weapon.:doh:

I really like mine and am seriously thinking about getting another one soon. I am just one of those who likes redundancy.;)

• Moderators
Meh? what is that
From Wikipedia,
"Meh" is an interjection, often used as an expression of apathy, indifference, or boredom. However, it can also be used to indicate agreement or disagreement. It can also be an adjective, meaning mediocre or boring.
In this case the context determines its usage to denote the grip and trigger as mediocre. There are worse out there, but they should not by any measure be considered "good".

I was really looking forward to seeing one of these, but like some others I came away unimpressed after picking one up at a gun show. The grip just didn't feel good to me, and the trigger pull struck me as really long and not very smooth. I wanted one, but now I think I'll pass.

I have a different set of standards for a pocket gun. I'm going to spend a lot more time carrying it than shooting it. So... if I can fire the thing accurately, and manage to hang onto it, then it's OK for a pocket gun. I absolutely hate shooting my J frame, but carry it a lot.

I have a different set of standards for a pocket gun. I'm going to spend a lot more time carrying it than shooting it. So... if I can fire the thing accurately, and manage to hang onto it, then it's OK for a pocket gun. I absolutely hate shooting my J frame, but carry it a lot.

Same here. I don't see using this on the range much at all, except to prove it's reliable. This is a backup, plain and simple. I have other "primaries" that feel lots better, that's for sure.

After shooting 300 rounds today I'm not overly impressed but satisfied. It felt a lot better than the Kel-Tec P11 I sold awhile back. The long trigger pull on the LC9 is a short coming but felt smooth enough for me and should get smoother with more rounds but it is overly long.

Like what has been mentioned, I bought it for a CCW and it will do fine for that.

And you never know, Ruger may have a recall if they are hearing the complaints....?

I was really smooth following the LC9 with my SR9 though. :)

I noticed he was able to rack the slide with the release on the side. That's pretty tuff on mine, matter of fact I can't release it without pulling the slide back. :cry:

Did I say the pull was overly long??

What do I know :whistle:

Well, Hickok said as much about the trigger pull. As far as the slide lock, have you cleaned and oiled it up? Might be just tight. Now the one he was given looked a bit used (broken in), not a brand-NIB.