The Flu...

TGO David

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never figured out why I'm not sick all of the time.

I'm in constant contact with zillions of people. And I don't take a flu shot because it is so limited geographically. I'm as likely to be around someone in Colombia as Columbia.

I throw the dice and I take my chances. So far, so good.

Guest jackdog

Heard on the news that the current flu shot is only good for about 40% of flu virus going around.

I think the reason I never get sick is because I don't take medications hardly at all. I have probably only had antibiotics 10 to 12 times in my life. For this reason I think my amune system is a lot more capable of fighting off illness and bugs.

My girlfriend says the same thing jackdog. She is studying to be an RN. LMU says that if you had your tonsils removed you are much more likely to get sick all of the time. Crap.

I was sick 2 years ago for 2 days-- can't remember when it was before then. I never get flu shots or the flu. I am fortunate in that regard.

However, I have spent a few thousand dollars and a lot of hours on injuries sustained while having what I considered to be "fun". Others have called it "stupid".

But, no flu.

Guest EasilyObsessed

I got sick a couple times late last year after not having been sick for a LONG time. Then, I realized I was working in a Medical Center and even though I have no contact with patients, there are germs everywhere. Since then, I make sure to do a more thorough job of washing my hands and use instant hand sanitizer a couple times a day. So far, so good.

Something scary....it takes 8 years for a medicine to get approved. Right now, there are no new antibiotics up for approval. If a virus evolves and current antibiotics cant deal with it, unless the government fast tracks something, we are screwed for eight years.

Guest TargetShooter84

No flu here, but I've been lucky but I've stopped getting flu shots after last year b/c right after I got mine, I was so sick for almost 2 months with bronochitus and respiratory virus that wouldnt just go away, and doctors blamed it on the shot so I didnt get one this year and been practicing keeping good hygiene and I've been fine so far, dealt with little colds but nothing too major (Knock on wood)

Tungsten-Get well!

My wife is a nurse, they have a had a ton of folks with the flu and got the flu shot.l

I don't get sick much, I have had my tonsils out, get a few colds and a sinus infection each year, knock on wood. That's pretty good with a wife that is a nurse (all those sick folks) and 4 kids that are always coming home with some type of cough, sneeze or other type of cooties.

Edited by db99wj