The.577 Tyrannosaur

Guest TnRebel

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That has got to be close to double digit pricing per round. I get mad when I can't find .45LC for less than 50 cents a round or my .303 Brit for less than 1$ a round. Guess that's where reloading would come in handy.

Edit: Found a single round for sale, loaded for the low low price of $49.95. Ammo For Sale : For Collecting - One Cartridge 577 Tyrannosaur, Loaded, (S-31) - Auction: 8524979 (Ended 03/13/2010, 17:35:02 PST)

Edited by gunrunner32
Price
Guest BungieCord

It's a wuss compared to a .700 NE.

bigroundsreeder460ace.jpg

And both tremble at the sight of the almighty 4-bore. For those of you who aren't bore-literate, a 4-bore is a 1-caliber. As in a full inch in diameter. Typical bullet weight is around 1800 grains. MV runs 1300-1400 fps. And there still are at least two gun builders making 4-bore double rifles, Ken Owen of Memphis and Peter Hofer of Austria. But be prepared to part with the price of a very nice luxury automobile to get one.

i have a 4 bore boss paradox gun you cant belive the recoil and i am 6'7'' 300 lbs i am afraid to load both barrels becaquse they might both go off

i made a 10 ga double paradox gun a few years and shot both barrels it was stout to say the least

always wanted to go to africa but never have yet

i have a 4 bore boss paradox gun you cant belive the recoil and i am 6'7'' 300 lbs i am afraid to load both barrels becaquse they might both go off

i made a 10 ga double paradox gun a few years and shot both barrels it was stout to say the least

always wanted to go to africa but never have yet

PICS PLEASE :-D

...i made a 10 ga double paradox gun a few years and shot both barrels it was stout to say the least...

I have never shot a paradox gun and don't know how it would compare but the harshest recoil I have felt so far in my life was last year when I let go of both barrels at once in an over-under 10 gauge (not mine) loaded up with 3.5 inch Magnum goose loads. Funny thing is, my shoulder had been alternating between being stiff & hurting and stiff & numb for a few days at that point. When I fired the 10 gauge, I heard and felt a loud *pop*, had a tingling behind my shoulder blade for a few seconds then realized that the stiffness was gone. Within a few minutes, my shoulder felt completely normal. I think my shoulder joint was a little out of line and I had a trapped nerve which the recoil fixed. 10 gauge chiropractic adjustment. I did have to pay with a little blood, though - under recoil the rear of the front trigger cut my middle finger that I used to pull the rear trigger.

Based on the video, that .577 Tyrannosaur just looks mean.

Guest BungieCord

The .577 NE was an antique round that got grandfathered in for a sporting use exemption. As such, dunno that the .577 Tyrannosaur required one. But if the .950 JDJ got an exemption, you should be able to get one for a Barrett XM109.