Sons Of Guns

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided I don't like the Owner. He's an arse... Trying to convince one of his customers not to buy a hand gun for self defense. Then, made his gunsmith work all night on a major project converting a machine gun into a shoulder fired weapon, while he went home then got mad because there was a problem in the morning with the weapon. Needless to say, I don't watch it anymore.

I like the show because I like guns. I bet that the owner is really not as bad as he seems on tv. It's the way the show is edited, wouldn't make good tv if he was always a *****cat.

I can also see where he might be a little tough on his employees. In the end it is his business name on the product and not his gunsmith's.

I like the show because I like guns. I bet that the owner is really not as bad as he seems on TV. It's the way the show is edited, wouldn't make good TV if he was always a *****cat.

I can also see where he might be a little tough on his employees. In the end it is his business name on the product and not his gunsmith's.

This, and it is for TV. No Drama, no reality TV show.

Guest bkelm18
I decided I don't like the Owner. He's an arse... Trying to convince one of his customers not to buy a hand gun for self defense. Then, made his gunsmith work all night on a major project converting a machine gun into a shoulder fired weapon, while he went home then got mad because there was a problem in the morning with the weapon. Needless to say, I don't watch it anymore.

He wouldn't sell it to them because they had zero experience with it so he directed them to someone who could teach them. Pretty responsible if you ask me.

Guest bkelm18
This, and it is for TV. No Drama, no reality TV show.

Yep. Red Jacket wouldn't be the well known and fairly respected company it is if they didn't turn out a quality product.

Guest Maelphaedor

I've seen 3 episodes now, and aside from the owner (who yes, they do play up as a bit of an ass, but I'm actually ok with that) the problem I have with the show is every episode they KEEP REINVENTING THE WHEEL. Ooh, we need something in 5.56 that can be used for full auto supressive fire, I know, lets link 2 M-16's together and water cool them! Ahem, GET A SAW, that's what they are FOR. They already exist, the R & D is done, they solved a problem that didn't exist by making it needlessly complex.

Ok, so lets make a replica semi-auto Tommy Gun into a full auto tactical entry weapon! Umm, yeah, there are literally SO many decent SMG's on the market that you can't throw a dead cat without hitting one. A stock FN P90 beats that franken-tommy gun on every level, 5.7 not big enough for ya? Want it in .45 for standard ammo use? Ok, how about an H & K UMP. Again, with the Tommy gun, solving problems that did NOT exist.

Oh, how about something new and different! Lets take an old Mac-11 and turn it into a folding machine pistol! No one has done that before! (facepalm) They've only been around since the 80's...

Red Jacket may indeed know the AK platform in and out, and make one badass gun, but the SHOW is so full of fail that it can not be believed.

The only bright spot of the entire show is the cute trashy (but not TOO trashy) looking daughter. She's cute. The show should just be her shooting different weapons and telling us about them and how her father continually keeps trying to reinvent stuff that's already on the market at a better price than the 'custom' version would cost the average person.

rant over... (face palm again)

Guest rebeldrummer

Oh come on critics, it's a good show! It's entertaining. They do some cool stuff. Personalities aside, the shows itself is a good watch. Better than a lot of other crap out there. Besides, they must know what they are doing and do it well to be in that business.

+1 for Sons of Guns IMHO

Oh come on critics, it's a good show! It's entertaining. They do some cool stuff. Personalities aside, the shows itself is a good watch. Better than a lot of other crap out there. Besides, they must know what they are doing and do it well to be in that business.

+1 for Sons of Guns IMHO

Its like alot of stuff we watch its doctored up for the masses. its just for entertainment. Alot of people aren't as weapon knowledgeable as others. As far as the the guy being an arse how 'bout orange county choppers and some the othe programs like this

Will the owner is the only reason I watch and like the show.

I have often told my wife he is someone I could hang out with and would love to be around.

The world needs more Owners and Dads to be like Will.

America has grow way to soft. Drama or no drama.

Guest nicemac

Gunsmiths as good as the ones on the show would not continue to work for someone that treated them so badly on an ongoing basis… They would be scooped up by another shop or open their own.

They are acting (and very poorly I might add) to make the show viewable. Nobody would tune in to watch a gunsmith work for an eight-hour shift. Think about it. After a few minutes, drilling, milling, polishing and assembling anything is about as exciting to watch as watching paint dry, whether it is a cool weapon or an American Chopper. If the producers didn't add some drama, nobody would watch.

In this case, even though I am intensely interested in the subject matter, the production and scripting is so bad, I can't stomach to watch it.

I like the show I think its cool what they do to modify the guns. If your the boss you can go home and have your employees stay and work, thats the fun of being the owner.

Guest rebeldrummer
I'm with the general consensus that they try to act way too hard, and it comes off as really cheesy. I do like seeing the weapons though. And that suppressed Saiga is awesome

Well put and agreed....but maybe that's just that good ole Lousy-Anna charm? Who knows....

Guest blueflu

I'm on a forum with most of the crew at Red Jacket, they are all 1st rate folks. Guys it's TV they were told to act up and did, stop reading stuff into it.:tough:

As far as the builds they do, most are what the customer asks for, in business you do what the paying person asks for or you tend to go out with a whimper.

Will is a USMC Vet too fwiw.

I watched the the one with the flashlight gun.

At the beginning of the show the owner came in and looking at the foldout pellet gun and said that can't be real and acted like he had never seen anything like it. If he really has not ever seen anything like it he must live in a box and I would not let him touch a Red Rider BB gun. I really think he has seen one and he just flat-out lied about it and if that is true he would have no problem lying to some one about a gun.

I'm on a forum with most of the crew at Red Jacket, they are all 1st rate folks. Guys it's TV they were told to act up and did, stop reading stuff into it.:tough:

This. People that have had no exposure to the behind the scenes of TV would never understand.

agreed

Guest mustangdave

Best episode I've seen was the one with the 87 year old WWII Marine CMH recipient...and the FLAME THROWER!!!...and watching him "LIGHT EM UP"

In the episode where they made the twin boat guns the dude got caught showing his girl around and not manning the front. When Will called him in he apologized and then started trying to justify it.

Will stopped him cold and said: Don't mistake this for a conversation".

New favorite line...

I'm fine with the show. Sure, there's some BS and some added drama, but I can read thru that. The bulk of their work in real life is saiga conversions. That would get pretty boring. Reinventing the wheel... sure they are. I would be right in there with them, and probably having as much fun.