- DEAL Spotter -

[quote name="Seaslug" post="1164276" timestamp="1404243902"]Yes, but you'd end up with more of a "temple" weld than a "cheek" weld. :PSent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using technology and stuff[/quote] This would be my fear, I'm not sure of the height of the UTG riser for example. They're just stating you must buy one of those risers for proper cowitness height, nothing keeping you from clamping that base onto a riser Edited by KKing
  • Like 1

Yes, but you'd end up with more of a "temple" weld than a "cheek" weld. :P

....They're just stating you must buy one of those risers for proper cowitness height, nothing keeping you from clamping that base onto a riser

Gotcha. Thanks both for explanation.

- OS

Yes, but you'd end up with more of a "temple" weld than a "cheek" weld. :P Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using technology and stuff

You are so right.  I have the Vortex Sparc, which is very similar, on a high riser and it's perfect on the AR platform. 

I have another Votex Sparc, in the mount presented in the AIM configuration, working for me on my AK on a side mount.

Another good AK mount choice is Midwest Industries http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=421

Edited by D3vo
[quote name="jonathon1289" post="1164350" timestamp="1404257246"]Found another place with very competitive pricing vs PSA. Primary Arms sells their stuff so must be good to go. Have some good prices on stuff, not sure who makes their barrels but all of the reviews I have found online (granted, not many) are positive. [url="http://www.radicalfirearms.com/category-s/1832.htm"]http://www.radicalfirearms.com/category-s/1832.htm[/url][/quote] I'd be interested to see a review if someone buys their barrel. I passed on one for my current build but might pick one up for a beater/steel case shooter

Already gone unfortunately. Wish I had seen this earlier.

I'm still torn on building one or just buying one. 

Be hard pressed to build an upper like that with a known quality barrel for that price.

I grabbed identical one about a month ago to use up most of my leftover stuff for $319 in hand and thought that was quite the deal, no idea it would come around again at more than 20 clams even less.

Course, not everybody is gonna want an A2 gas/sight block either, and that fat handguard has to go even if you do. So building one from scratch to what you want sans some of the stuff on this one might bring you in cheaper than buying this and adding to it -- maybe.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

SGAmmo has cases of WWB 9mm for $285.5 delivered.

http://www.sgammo.com/product/winchester/1000-round-case-9mm-winchester-value-pack-fmj-115-grain-usa9mmvp-ammo

and cases of Federal Lake City 5.56 on stripper clips for $334.50 delivered.

http://www.sgammo.com/product/federal/900-round-case-556mm-xm193-federal-lake-city-ammo-stripper-clips-xm193j

Edited by BigK

I was coming to post that OS. I am calling tomorrow to order one - I have two stripped lowers on the way and plan to build one up as a pistol. Not sure if I will actually like the Sig brace (missed out on a couple chances to test one at the range so far) but this is too great of a deal to pass on.

..... Not sure if I will actually like the Sig brace ....

If you use a KAK or similar tube to get 12" of pull or better, you won't be able to do anything but like it. Also recommend an upright grip like one of Magpul's K2 models, makes amazing diff on wrist/arm for short LOP configs.

The sheer functionality of the brace overrides esthetics IMNSHO. Amazing and unexpected gift from the ATF.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
[quote name="Oh Shoot" post="1167390" timestamp="1405039879"]If you use a KAK or similar tube to get 12" of pull or better, you won't be able to do anything [i]but[/i] like it. Also recommend an upright grip like one of Magpul's K2 models, makes amazing diff on wrist/arm for short LOP configs. The sheer functionality of the brace overrides esthetics IMNSHO. Amazing and unexpected gift from the ATF. - OS[/quote] Echo here. I can hardly tell any difference in my brace and an actual stock. Wish I had ordered my brace through Sig. I only paid $20 less and got no case :down:

If you use a KAK or similar tube to get 12" of pull or better, you won't be able to do anything but like it. Also recommend an upright grip like one of Magpul's K2 models, makes amazing diff on wrist/arm for short LOP configs.

The sheer functionality of the brace overrides esthetics IMNSHO. Amazing and unexpected gift from the ATF.

- OS

From what little reading I have done, the KAK tube is what I plan to grab when I start this build. I am probably going to spend a few months building it up, have to decide what barrel length I want to go with.

• Like 1

Just ordered the KAK Sig Super Tube $48.50 delivered. Makes for a pretty cheap SBR ..... :)

Is that just the tube, or the kit? KAK has the kit with QD endplate for $93 and I am planning to use it when I get to building the pistol. May build up the lower over the next 2 months (ALG ACT trigger and short throw 45 degree safety are on my list), and then a 10.5" upper around Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Burris PEPR mount starts off at $99 then you type in coupon code "30mm" for additional $40 off, then Burris sends you a $20 rebate on top of that! I told y'all, I'm gonna have to take them off my email alert list..........but I probably won't :rock:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/burris-ar-pepr-mount-30mm-410342.html?utm_source=Hot+Deal%3A+Burris+PEPR+Optics+Mount+with+Coupon+%26+Rebate&utm_campaign=Constant+Contact&utm_medium=email

Burris PEPR mount starts off at $99 then you type in coupon code "30mm" for additional $40 off, then Burris sends you a $20 rebate on top of that! I told y'all, I'm gonna have to take them off my email alert list..........but I probably won't :rock:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/burris-ar-pepr-mount-30mm-410342.html?utm_source=Hot+Deal%3A+Burris+PEPR+Optics+Mount+with+Coupon+%26+Rebate&utm_campaign=Constant+Contact&utm_medium=email

Note to newbies: make sure you have 30mm scope barrel, not the more common 1 inch.  Guess you could use a reducer though .. YMMV depending on which brand seems.

- OS

• Like 1

Note to newbies: make sure you have 30mm scope barrel, not the more common 1 inch.  Guess you could use a reducer though .. YMMV depending on which brand seems.

- OS

Yep! Thanks OS for the disclaimer. I've never used reducers so not sure on what brand to go with, but for me, I would feel more comfortable with just putting a 30mm scope in a 30mm mount.