HCP waiting time

Guest TennMan

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, autozone is big news here, we're in the big time now baby!

LOL. It was funny, I was working and the chief came over (thought someone might have called him on me) and wanted to pick my brain on camera's. Seemed like a real nice fella.

Guest coldblackwind

The chief himself huh? never met him myself. We have no shortage of police here anyways, I believe theres 8 local cops, plus I have no idea how many deputies with the sheriffs department, and theres only 1600 people in the town!

The chief himself huh? never met him myself. We have no shortage of police here anyways, I believe theres 8 local cops, plus I have no idea how many deputies with the sheriffs department, and theres only 1600 people in the town!

I knew it was small, I didn't know it was that small.

Guest superman7890

After my third or fourth phone call and 101 days, Trina finally issued my permit today! Just "7-14 business days" left of checking the mail box.

After my third or fourth phone call and 101 days, Trina finally issued my permit today! Just "7-14 business days" left of checking the mail box.

I think the average has been 8 regular days for most of our members. Mine was issued on July 16, got it on the 24th. :)

I think the average has been 8 regular days for most of our members. Mine was issued on July 16, got it on the 24th. :)

This average is kind of holding up. During a phone call on August 8th they told me I was approved and she would issue that day. Then she gave me the "Should take 7-14 business days to receive".

Well it came today 8 business days and 12 actual days after the day I called. Guess I'll have to close down the lawn chair vigil at the mailbox. Mailman said he was going to miss me.

I guess now it's off to Wal-Mart, but I don't know why. Have been a member for a very short time and have read posts about it being like a ritual going to Wal-Mart after you get your permit, but never could find the explanation as to why. I probably haven't been in a Wal-Mart for 6 months. My guess would be that no weapons are allowed as I did see a post about American Signature Furniture becoming the new Wal-Mart and it did mention that no weapons were allowed in the furniture store. I always kind of felt about Wal-Mart the same as Dustin Hoffman put it in the movie Rainman, "Wal-Mart sucks."

My brother used to work as a Deputy in Cannon Co. back in the late 90s.My old Dad and sisters still live there.

Guest lci419

Just found out today that I will be receiving my HCP in the next week. I turned in my paperwork on July 30, and got my fingerprints on the 5th. I called today on a lark and they said I had been approved and would receive it in the mail in 7-10 days (I'm guessing sooner since I live in Nashville). :D

Guest tnmale46
Just found out today that I will be receiving my HCP in the next week. I turned in my paperwork on July 30, and got my fingerprints on the 5th. I called today on a lark and they said I had been approved and would receive it in the mail in 7-10 days (I'm guessing sooner since I live in Nashville). :D
congrats hope mine goes that fast

:mad:I Waited 4 months for my HCP. Called almost every day the last two months. They knew me well by the time it was over. I heard every excuse under the sun. Finger prints not back, background check not back, will have to call you back, something must be wrong with yours and the best yet, can you send us your certificate again. That’s when I said no and started calling everybody I could. Emailed everybody on there web sites complaint list. Those people are idiots.......... I have a background check done every 6 months at a minimum. What are those idiots doing down there? :death:

Flash: Supposedly, mine "was sent" today, "7 - 14 days in mail"?

1. I'll believe it when I get it (may have to get someone else to verify, as I'm not sure I'll believe it THEN).

2. So, does the Nashville mailman WALK to Knoxville?

I mean, WTF is with THAT?

There is so much wrong with this process, I just sputter...

Will update some more IF I ever actually get it in hand....have found out at least one clue about the varying times, I think.

- OS

Will update some more IF I ever actually get it in hand....have found out at least one clue about the varying times, I think.

If you've got a theory on the variable waiting times, I'd like to hear it.

I'm at 53 days waiting. I have a trip coming up 22 days from now and I was really hoping to have it by then.

I'm at 53 days waiting. I have a trip coming up 22 days from now and I was really hoping to have it by then.

Well, first off, since you're right there in the shadow of where they are issued, I'm sure you're screwed. Probably takes THREE WEEKS just to mail yours, since you are too close (grim grin).

- OS

The biggest variable is each different sheriff.

Remember a copy of your application is sent to the sheriff of your county of residence. He has 30 days to reply...some may do it the same day...some may not at all and the DOS has to wait the whole 30 days (plus mailing time) to know if they are going to reply.

This is my first post - Thanks for all the info on this site.

I took the advice in this thread and called this morning. Tomorrow would have been 8 weeks. Low and behold they tell me it will be issued today and I'll see it in 7-14 business days...

So I really do think that calling and being pleasant helps. I spoke with Ronda at about 8:30am - phone rang three times, she asked me how long it had been since I submitted my paperwork, I told her, and then asked how she was and we chit chatted about the nice weather. Then she asked if I could hold for a minute, and about 30 seconds later she tells me the good news.

Thanks for the advice!

Got it today, one week after I called, played nice and they said they issued it that day. Nine weeks total. Again, I'd highly suggest calling... I submitted paperwork in Wilson county.

Thanks again for the great info on this forum.

The biggest variable is each different sheriff.

Remember a copy of your application is sent to the sheriff of your county of residence. He has 30 days to reply...some may do it the same day...some may not at all and the DOS has to wait the whole 30 days (plus mailing time) to know if they are going to reply.

I though the sheriffs approval was a thing of the past no longer preformed :P