• junk gun but i like revolvers
    • who cares as long as it dose it job
    • nothing special, they are simply adequete
    • an excellent concept, but with a few design flaws

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:screwy: It might be nice if one of the mods or Tungsten could change the title under his username. Something like "Is sorely Missed" or so???????

Eh. I personally prefer it just how he left it.

Talking Glocks to me is like a whole bunch of people at a beer party. They will all agree that Ferraris are great cars and that BMWs really rock. When they leave the party they get into their Chevy pickups and head home. Glocks are the Chevrolet pickups of the semiauto gun world. they are not the prettiest nor the most intricately engineered, but they are what most people slide into their holster.

I drive a Chevrolet and I own a Glock 23. Not really unhappy with either one. they both fit my income and my lifestyle. Most important they get the job done.

No, Glocks don't suck.

best carry gun! i have a 23 and a 27. cant beat them for anythiing!! wish they made a mini glock like a keltec or lcp

I have a 23 and a 27 too, and I agree with you 100%

With all the fuss these days over mini auto's, I'm surprised they haven't already made a mini Glock in .380.

With all the fuss these days over mini auto's, I'm surprised they haven't already made a mini Glock in .380.

They do make one, the Glock 28. They also have a Glock 25 which is in the 19/23 size. However, due to our import laws, they cannot be imported into the US.

Edit: Ooops. I just saw you were talking about a Kel-Tec or LCP sized pistol. Yeah, they don't make one like that. However, they would still probably not be able to import it. Deerslayer beat me to the answer, anyway. :)

Edited by Reservoir Dog
clarify

Well, they just don't "point" for me. If I hold one and point at target, then look in sights, it's always high. I think this is a pretty common phenomenon.

Although a lot of folks say they tend to shoot them low and left, so that doesn't really jibe, so I dunno.

I must say, though, that using sights, the gun is certainly more accurate than my limited skills can maximize. And there's no doubt it's as reliable a semi-auto made.

But of course, if you carry it on hip, you'll eventually shoot your ass off, or worse if you carry AIWB, your goober. But everybody knows that.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
what is the reason that importation laws would not allow it? Only asking because I don't know.

It is something to do with import points, based on design, caliber, features, etc... The .380 caliber Glocks do not earn enough points to be imported for civilian use. I believe that LE agencies can get them, but not the rest of us.

Edited by Reservoir Dog
correct info
Guest mikedwood

I have a G26 and a G19. I love them both. The 26 is probably my favorite gun in my small collection.

Simple and plentyful accesories is what I like about them. Sure other guns out look them, some may out shoot them, but durability wise just short of a revolver I'll trust my Glocks to go boom.

from glockfaq:

What is the BATF points system and how does it affect Glocks?

Many of the Glock's parts and sometimes the whole gun are dictated or limited by the BATF's system of "import points". To qualify for import a pistol must score 75 points based on the following system:

CharacteristicPointsLength: for each 1/4" over 6" 1

Forged steel frame 15

Forged HTS alloy frame 20

Unloaded weight w/mag (per oz.)1.22 short and .25 auto 0

.22 LR and 7.65mm to .380 auto 3

9mm parabellum and over 10

Locked breech mechanism 5

Loaded chamber indicator 5

Grip safety 3

Magazine safety 5

Firing pin block or lock 10

External hammer 2

Double action 10

Drift adjustable target sight 5

Click adjustable target sight 10

Target grips 5

Target trigger 2

For example, here is how the G17 scores: Length (7.28") 5 Weight (24.79oz) 25 Caliber (9mm)10 Locked breech 5 Firing pin block 10 Double action 10 Target sight 10 Target grips 5 Total80

Here is how the Glock 26 scores: Length (6.29") 1 Weight (21.87oz) 22 Caliber (9mm) 10 Locked breech 5 Firing pin block 10 Double action 10 Target sight 10 Target grips 5 Target trigger 2 Total 75

Changes and features made to Glocks to comply with the BATF rules:

- all models are imported with a cheap click-adjustable rear sight that is replaced at the factory with the stock sight

- target (grooved) trigger added to compacts & subcompacts

- target grips added to all models (required for the subcompacts)

- due to their caliber, .380 autos (G25 & G28) do not score enough points to be imported

Edited by deerslayer