• good gun but not for carry
    • glock sucks
    • ok gun but i like revolvers
    • junk gun but i like revolvers
    • who cares as long as it dose it job
    • nothing special, they are simply adequete
    • an excellent concept, but with a few design flaws

Guest GLOCKGUY

hey i did a poll on if you carried lock cocked and ready to rock and it turned in to a Do Glocks Suck or Not thread so ill do this poll. please let me know what you like and don't like about a GLOCK thanks

Edited by GLOCKGUY
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm.... there's not really an option that fits how I feel about Glocks. I believe they are well designed to be what they are. (How's that for a politician-like answer!) They are made from simple parts to do a simple job, and I believe they do it well. After that, there's not much else. I simply prefer many other guns over them. I've shot pretty much every Glock variant, and a few that were really tricked out so I'm not speaking about something I've never experienced.

I don't think Glocks suck, I just don't know if I'll ever have enough money to buy all the OTHER guns I want more than a Glock first to actually ever buy one.

• Administrator

Truth be told, I like them. My G23 was a good gun and never gave me any problems. I never could get into the whole "religious" side of owning a Glock just as I can't get into the same with 1911 ownership, H&K ownership, etc. Guns are tools. If you have an intimate love affair with your particular brand or style of firearm, you need to get out of the house a little more often.

Guest GLOCKGUY
Hmmmm.... there's not really an option that fits how I feel about Glocks. I believe they are well designed to be what they are. (How's that for a politician-like answer!) They are made from simple parts to do a simple job, and I believe they do it well. After that, there's not much else. I simply prefer many other guns over them. I've shot pretty much every Glock variant, and a few that were really tricked out so I'm not speaking about something I've never experienced.

I don't think Glocks suck, I just don't know if I'll ever have enough money to buy all the OTHER guns I want more than a Glock first to actually ever buy one.

ya i should of give a choices of "good gun but i would rather own a different automatic hand gun "

Out of all the handguns I have tried and that I have in my home my Glock 26 is my favorite and I am a better shot with it. I don't know how much simplier it could be for a carry gun than a Glock, so I chose what works for me and it's definitely my GLOCK!

I don't understand why anyone would say a Glock sucks. Why do they bother putting something down that works well for others? I think some people use too much energy and good time trying to put something down rather than tolerate the diversity that makes life interesting.

Out of all the handguns I have tried and that I have in my home my Glock 26 is my favorite and I am a better shot with it. I don't know how much simplier it could be for a carry gun than a Glock, so I chose what works for me and it's definitely my GLOCK!

I don't understand why anyone would say a Glock sucks. Why do they bother putting something down that works well for others? I think some people use too much energy and good time trying to put something down rather than tolerate the diversity that makes life interesting.

+1 I agree 100% :) Very well put Guns :)

Truth be told, I like them. My G23 was a good gun and never gave me any problems. I never could get into the whole "religious" side of owning a Glock just as I can't get into the same with 1911 ownership, H&K ownership, etc. Guns are tools. If you have an intimate love affair with your particular brand or style of firearm, you need to get out of the house a little more often.

+1 Good Post. I own and carry Glock handguns(among others) but I would also carry a Sig, H&K or if I could afford it a Wilson Combat 1911. Truth be told the gun I actually carry all the time is a S&W 442 J-Frame. I own Glocks and AK's that does not mean I can't have or want AR's and 1911's. The Glock works well for me but it is not for everybody.

Guest GLOCKGUY
Can we have an option for "I am tired of hearing this debate and just don't care one way or the other"?

ya it called just dont open this thread and read it and you wont hear nothing about it 12495_icon_smile_thumbup_1.gif

Guest GLOCK2340

I have carried a Glock 23 for 5 years, and I have to say that for the price I paid for the gun, it is the best that I have tried. I have never had misfire, hangup, jam, ect...I have beat the hell out of it and I know it will work everytime I pull the trigger. Does that mean that I don't like other firearms? No, I like Sigs, 1911's, Beretta's, lots of others, but like I said before in GLock's price range I like nothing better.

I voted, nothing special but simply adequate.

I have shot one once. The trigger did not impress me, the gun just felt like about any other tupperware pistol. I actually prefer the trigger on my Sigma to that Glock.

And the S&W version cost quite a bit less for basically the same gun.

Really I don't know what the big deal is about them. If you all want them I dont mind but there are a lot of guns I would buy first. Don't know a Glock will ever make it far enough up in my pecking order to ever own one.

I like them, the design, the simplicity, availability of parts and non specific parts, they can go in different models without being a "for the Glock ??", I like they way they shoot, more accurate than me. Trigger...it took me several hundred rounds to get use to my XD trigger too. Grew up shooting revolvers, the M9 and 1911's in the military so the trigger took awhile.

The bad, they just don't fit my hand. I have short fingers. I can barely reach the slide release, without shifting my hand.

Edited by db99wj

Glocks certainly don't suck... they're a perfectly adequate utility weapon. They've had a few issues and design flaws (like any human-designed mechanical object), hence the multiple updated generations to improve and fix them... an indication that they are not 'perfection', in any sense of the word. They certainly have a reputation for reliability, and I'm sure there is a valid basis for that... they also have a reputation for spectacular failures and greater unforgiveness for trigger interference than most designs, and I'm sure there's a valid basis for that, as well.

Would I carry one? Sure... but I also recognize that there are many other pistols which will perform better in certain areas, and/or suit me personally, better. And I make my choices based on that. Every time I go looking for a new pistol to buy, I take a hard, objective re-look at a Glock model which fits my criteria... and so far every time, it has been beaten out by a feature or handling quality of another make. I might end up with one someday, if my criteria for a future purchase is primarily utility, with no regard for features, ergonomics or refinement. That is my reasoning for understanding why so many police agencies use Glocks as a tool on the belt... and also why private individuals with discerning tastes and/or unique requirements oftentimes make a different choice.

Guest TargetShooter84

I know the Glocks dont suck because I currently own a G19 and Ive not had any problems with it at all to this date. I thought the price range was good for that kind of gun because of its quality, it is really good b/c almost every LEO's have them in their holsters. My opinion is that Glocks do not suck at all, they get the job done very well.

Guest darkstar

I have a G23 and I love it. That being said I love my 1911's, I love my SP101, I love my Kahr, hell I even love my little Walther P22. I really like all my guns. Why? Because they fit me. I got the Glock because I wanted a .40 and of all the ones I tried on the Glock fit my hand like a glove, I liked the size of it, the way it feels in my hand, and I like the way it shoots. I DIDN'T get it because I think it's the be-all end-all of weapons, or because I harbor a secret desire to trick it out put on the tacticool gear and play SWAT, or because I get all feverish and worship at the church of Gaston Glock, or because I'm a sheep and only got it because in my ignorance I didn't know any better and hey all the cool kids have one so it must be pretty great...though obviously thats how everyone that owns a Glock is like, at least according to some folks:stir:

Are there other guns that may be better than a Glock, sure, but for ME mine fits, I shoot well with it, and it's been a great gun. Other folks may not like 'em for whatever reason and thats cool I respect others opinions and would never accuse them of stupidity or ignorance with their respect to their choice of firearm....OK maybe if they bought a Lorcin :eek: