Man in Clarksville pulls gun.... Permit Holder??

Guest ArmaDeFuego

Guest ArmaDeFuego

CRIME WATCH: Clarksville woman charged with child abuse after refusing to leave car lot | The Leaf Chronicle – Clarksville, Tenn., and Fort Campbell | theleafchronicle.com

Man charged with pulling gun on women

Eric Dewayne Bogle, 22, of Clarksville was arrested after he allegedly pulled a firearm on a carload of women following an argument.

According to a CPD report, at about 7:47 p.m. Wednesday, a carload of women were parked in front of a Fort Campbell Boulevard gas station when Bogle pulled up next to them and started cussing at them for how they parked.

The four women reported that Bogle pulled a handgun out of a holster and pointed it at their car and the fuel pumps. A gas station employee also saw the incident, the report said.

Bogle was located on Meadowbrook Drive and told police he pulled the gun out of its holster because he felt threatened by one of the women and her friends, the report said.

Bogle, who gave a 26 Leland Drive address, was charged with four counts of aggravated assault. Bond was set at $20,000.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this dude pulled a gun on a carload of women & was arrested for it. On the booking log, it only shows the 4 counts of aggravated assault. It doesnt mention anything about unlawfully having a weapon, which I'm assuming he would have been charged with had he had a loaded gun on him? Or does that just mean that maybe the gun wasnt loaded? Or even if it wasnt loaded would that still satisfy the "with the intent to go armed" thing? I've noticed that most of the times that people get arrested with a gun on them & they dont have a HCP they get a weapon carrying charge thrown at them.

I'm thinking that if he was a HCP holder the paper would have made a big deal about it. What do you guys think? The fact that he had a holster kinda makes me think he has a HCP. Most thugs just keep it tucked in their waistbands. Also, the fact that he told the officer he "felt threatened" makes it seem like has a permit & was trying to justify drawing his weapon.

At any rate, anyway you look at it this guy was dumb. He's gonna start the incident, then say he "felt threatened" by a carload of girls? Hahahhaah what a DA.

*Edit* The link says something else because they lead with the crazy child abuse lady. The guy pulling the gun story is at the bottom of that first page & continues on page 2.

Guest ArmaDeFuego

Well there's your answer. I'm surprised they didnt mention that in the paper.

Seriously though, what was this guy thinking? Why would you ever wanna pull your gun out on a carload of unarmed women? I just dont understand people sometimes. I'm guessing his permit will be revoked at least, cause isnt aggravated assault a felony?

Well there's your answer. I'm surprised they didnt mention that in the paper.

Seriously though, what was this guy thinking? Why would you ever wanna pull your gun out on a carload of unarmed women? I just dont understand people sometimes. I'm guessing his permit will be revoked at least, cause isnt aggravated assault a felony?

Yes, it is.

Even if pleaded down to a Class A misdemeanor, you lose permit for duration of sentence. Plus, the TNDOS can always revoke it for "posing material risk to public", regardless of being charged or not. That's how Kwik lost his permit, even though he broke no laws at all, was never charged with anything.

- OS

Guest ArmaDeFuego

I wouldnt shed a tear for him if he loses his permit. I think he probably is a "material risk to the public."

The guy really makes it tough for the younger group of HCP holders. People already look at people in their late teens and early twenties as trouble. We really don't need this kind of publicity.

It really ticks me off when I get "profiled" four years in the Army and two deployments I wasted the mass majority of my "partying" years in a sandbox. Not that I wouldn't do it again, i'm just saying I hate when people do dumb crap like this to make it harder for me to exercise my rights.

freakin idiot

Last Name BOGLE

First Name ERIC

Middle Name DEWAYNE

Birth year 1988

City CLARKSVILLE

County MONTGOMERY

ZIP 37042

Issue Date 11/17/2010

Expiration Date 11/17/2014

New question for the application: "Do all your friends think you're an idiot?"

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 1
I wouldnt shed a tear for him if he loses his permit. I think he probably is a "material risk to the public."

I think he has provided ample evidence to support that statement.

The guy really makes it tough for the younger group of HCP holders. People already look at people in their late teens and early twenties as trouble. We really don't need this kind of publicity.

It really ticks me off when I get "profiled" four years in the Army and two deployments I wasted the mass majority of my "partying" years in a sandbox. Not that I wouldn't do it again, i'm just saying I hate when people do dumb crap like this to make it harder for me to exercise my rights.

freakin idiot

Jon, I wouldn't worry about it. People who make a judgment based purely on age will always do so. There is nothing you can do or say to change that. Their opinion therefore is worthless. For everyone else it's your character that counts. Anyone worth impressing will judge you based purely on that.

freakin idiot

Jon, first of all, thank you for your service. It has always ticked me off that Uncle Sam

would trust me with a M16/M203 ( Vietnam), but have to have a permit to carry even

a .22 handgun. Brilliant!

Welcome home brother.

• Like 1
Jon, first of all, thank you for your service. It has always ticked me off that Uncle Sam

would trust me with a M16/M203 ( Vietnam), but have to have a permit to carry even

a .22 handgun. Brilliant!

Welcome home brother.

gotta love them m203's. How you like the 25th? I spent some time their as a scout but then joined the 75th Ranger Reg

Police work , lawyer , or the paper ...where did you get that ? I like it.

I hate to answer this, but this site that takes public information and created a data base (IMO because they are anti gun and I wish it would be pulled off the web-I feel I should put a disclaimer here. I agree with free speech, just not them putting up a database of those they disagree with.)

Tennessee Handgun Carry Permits Information & News from The Commercial Appeal (Memphis, TN)

So go nutz. I use it to look up politicians to see if they care enough to get permits.

I found out only 1 of my city council members has a permit for example. Public information.

Edited by vontar
gotta love them m203's. How you like the 25th? I spent some time their as a scout but then joined the 75th Ranger Reg

I wanted to get into the 25th from the time I was in AIT (11B10), and was fortunate

to get assigned to them when I arrived in 'Nam. Good outfit. Probably the 25th &

101st were the two best in 'Nam, IMO.

The M203 was an extra load w/ ammo, but you tend to forget that when needed. LOL

I wanted to get into the 25th from the time I was in AIT (11B10), and was fortunate

to get assigned to them when I arrived in 'Nam. Good outfit. Probably the 25th &

101st were the two best in 'Nam, IMO.

The M203 was an extra load w/ ammo, but you tend to forget that when needed. LOL

lol I have short arms so in basic when firing the M203 I did a whole lot of push ups before they let my hip fire it. Wouldnt have been bad if the vest wasn't extending my reach problem.

My favorite weapon still to this day is the ATF4. If only I could get a permit to carry that bad boy. haha

Guest boatme99
Last Name BOGLE

First Name ERIC

Middle Name DEWAYNE

Birth year 1988

City CLARKSVILLE

County MONTGOMERY

ZIP 37042

Issue Date 11/17/2010

Expiration Date 11/17/2014[/quote]

I think that's been "revised".

• 2 months later...

Jon,

Thanks for your service! You still get the Vet secret handshake and exceptions will be made for your relative youth. Deployments count three or four to one in years. You might as well be 35!

(Where did you/how did you get your Cherokee lifted?)

• 2 years later...
Guest ebogle8788

just a fyi to all who posted on this topic i am eric bogle and from what ive read from this report of what took place i laugh at and all who posted do to what the report said. not once did i cuss anybody out nor point my weapon at anyone or pumps. never lost my permit or any of my  weapons charges were dropped due to self defense. so next time all of you make sure you know the full story before posting negatively about a situation. good day 

just a fyi to all who posted on this topic i am eric bogle and from what ive read from this report of what took place i laugh at and all who posted do to what the report said. not once did i cuss anybody out nor point my weapon at anyone or pumps. never lost my permit or any of my weapons charges were dropped due to self defense. so next time all of you make sure you know the full story before posting negatively about a situation. good day

So there was a legitimate reason to pull a weapon on a bunch of unarmed females? Get f***ed moron. Edited by TMF
  • Like 3

just a fyi to all who posted on this topic i am eric bogle and from what ive read from this report of what took place i laugh at and all who posted do to what the report said. not once did i cuss anybody out nor point my weapon at anyone or pumps. never lost my permit or any of my  weapons charges were dropped due to self defense. so next time all of you make sure you know the full story before posting negatively about a situation. good day 

Why don't you give the whole story so we can understand what happened?

• Like 1