Shirts with low necklines are bad!

CLC

Guest pfries
Well, they're tactical and manly sandals? Uh, they're only there there so I can flip them off quickly and deliver a deadly ninja kick? This isn't working.

I've got it now. See i was wearing the sandals for training purposes. What if I'm barefoot and walking on glass and all i have is my trusty beretta 92fs? I need to know how a spent casing feels when it hits the foot and since CCA probably won't let me recreate die hard by sprinkling broken glass on the floor I got as close as I could.

Is that working? Probably not. Okay, I do wear sandals. The shame is immense. Is there a twelve step program for this kind of thing?

That was a waste of prfectly good coffee :up:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest motonut

I noticed the bib things at Stones River last time I was there and asked what they were for, thought it was kind of funny but I can certainly understand it wouldn't be funny to a woman. I usually wear a button down shirt but untucked so the brass goes all the way down but even when it lands in the pocket it still smarts.

Glad to read the problem isn't deterring the women from shooting though.

Boy oh boy, you guys can be rotten!!! But just to set the record straight, my shirt was not "too low", heck I wear that shirt to church, but the round, which was a 40 caliber, hit the top and went straight down! So only a turtle neck would have saved me!! And todayI have a very ugly looking blister! I will consider a badge of honor!!!

Um, this has to be said so sorry in advance: is this a good thread to say "pics or it didnt happen?" ... :D

Sorry you got burnt, its one of those gun things, along with the gems of busting your thumb with the slide, cracking your finger in the trigger guard, pinching by slides and triggers, hot gas burns from holding your gun in a bad place, and the family of rifle mistakes including scope-eye, scope-nose, and the whole scope-face family, busted shoulder, hot barrel mistaken for a handle to fry your entire hand, and so on.... guns are dangerous, all right, its just not in the way people usually mean that statement...

We have all had a few of these, at one time or another. I *still* get a busted thumb from the slide on a couple of guns that my hands do not fit well, these days its usually from trying somone else's gun and not paying attention. I rarely get burnt but did this past week when I sat on a 223 shell from my wife's spree. Them things are HOT.

Is that what's known as a "hot ass"?

I usually wear shorts to the range this time of the year and the other day I was at G&L in Greenbriar sighting in the optics on a 22/45. So I'm sitting in a chair with the Ruger resting a on a sandbag and gun but on the table. Been bouncing casings off the wall for about ten minutes and just about satisfied with the poa and poi at about 50 feet. So I popped of a string of shot pretty quick and bounced a hot casing like a 2-rail bank shot. Off the wall onto the shelf and right into the leg of my baggy shorts.

Let me tell you...it seems to take forever for an old fat man to get up out of a chair when leaning over a shooting rest. Them little 22 cases are Hot.

Guest 808-South
rofl. i coulda told you that. no low cut shirt, no sandles, etc.

I have seen many many other ladies run around screaming and ripping their shirts off due to hot brass.

I never let someone shoot with me unless they are dress properly.

I have one gun that consistantly flings brass at the forhead of the person shooting... we dont shoot that one much.

Ripping thier shirts off??....Now thats golden....ahahaha

When we took our permit class, the day before we went to the range the instructor told us not to wear sandals or low cut tee shirts because of hot brass. I guess that's one of those things you never consider unless it's happened.

Edited by luvmyberetta
Guest friesepferd

another random thing to watch out for that i did again this weekend - pinky pinching.

I did it ONCE on my previous carry gun. Slamming in magazine nice and hard, and your pinky fails to be completely clear of the mag well. It doesnt take much to get a tiny piece of skin caught and pinch. youch! After that I learned my lesson.

Well yesterday I was practicing with my new carry gun and apparently miscalculated the width of this thing and yelp! now I have another hurt pinky.

Am reading this while wearing sandals. Making no judgement here.

Reading this while barefoot. I'm one of those "new age" shooters. Gunpowder is good for your karma.

That said, I burned the dog snot out of my face the other day shooting my AR. I had my spotting scope next to the rifle and the brass kept bouncing off of it back into my face. One hit the bridge of my nose just above my shooting glasses and three others hit my cheek. My wife got home from work, looked at me, and said, "You went to the range today, didn't you?"

Guest motonut
Maybe because you are asking a lady to post pictures of her cleavage.

Seriously? It's called humor. If that was the case why weren't the previous posts mentioning pictures deleted too?

Just a little too PC for me......