1911 mags

mudstud

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Plainsman

You get what you pay for, which holds true for most things relating to the 1911. I would recommend Wilson Combat or Chip McCormick Power Mags. Some say Tripp magazines are good, but I have not used any personally. I, along with most folks here on the forum will tell you that those are very reliable, well built magazines.

A good read that I will recommend to you on this subject is from Hilton Yam:

1911 Magazines

They aren't sexy, but Metal-Form makes the Colt OEM-supplied 1911 magazines. CDNN has the stainless ones for sale at $15 each. I've never had problems with them. I also have some McCormick 8-rd stainless 'Shooting Star' mags which have been very reliable.

Guest TresOsos

I'm a real fan of Chip McCormick (CMC) magazines, I use the Power Mag or Power Mag Plus for carry. I have some standard CMC Shooting Star mags that are 20 plus years old that are still going strong and they do get used and abuses in practice. Also I have several 1911's and they work in all of them without any issues. One of the local area shops (pm and I'll tell you who, don't know if it's a rule violation to name a vendor in a post) generally has the Power Mags in stock at a good price.

• Admin Team
I'm a real fan of Chip McCormick (CMC) magazines, I use the Power Mag or Power Mag Plus for carry. I have some standard CMC Shooting Star mags that are 20 plus years old that are still going strong and they do get used and abuses in practice. Also I have several 1911's and they work in all of them without any issues. One of the local area shops (pm and I'll tell you who, don't know if it's a rule violation to name a vendor in a post) generally has the Power Mags in stock at a good price.

If you know of a good deal, feel free to post it. We just frown upon stumping from an employee/owner if they're not a vendor.

Guest 556or762

Wilson 47d and Chip McCormack power mags have had 0 issues for me some of my Wilsons are finally in need of springs after about 10 years and the spring and follower is only $7.99 most places its hard to beat that.