Best Belt for Carry??

I carry a Beretta 92a1 as my ccw. Gun is not light to say the least. Its in a nylon KNJ Holster and also has a slot for a spare magazine.

I'm having trouble finding a good belt to use. I actually broken two belts and seems like im limited on options locally. Hopefully someone out here can point me in the right direction

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5.11 use to have decent belts with plastic ''stiffeners'' sandwiched inside the two halves. I have a black dress belt and a tan and a black nylon belts that work great for ccw.

The stiffness of the belts helps to keep there from being any rolling effect with a holster.

About 4 months ago I bought a black/dark brown reversible belt in 1 1/4" x 3/16" for less than $24 at Walley World. Two pieces sticthed together. So far it has worked well for me with my IWB carry of a G36. Holding up well, looks good as casual or slightly dressy, and goes with any color slacks/shorts.

Edited by RoadKill

guys, its super hard to find a good leather holster for the 92a1 because it has the light rail on it. plus they're all over 70 dollars and thats a bit steep. and leather seems to wear on the gun while nylon really doesnt. i dont have any single problem with the holster. it never flops around or anything, its exactly what i want. the belt is the problem. both have been levi's belts so im assuming its jsut bad belt quality since the beretta weighs a pretty good bit. thanks for all the links and suggestions, i will def look into all of them!

I use a Wilderness Tactical belt with CSM poly liner for stiffness. This synthetic thing has been a slow grow on me. I have forever considered steel, wood and leather worthy components for guns and gear. It has been a slow transition to nearly all synthetics now. I first switched to Wilderness tactical belt because the belt is infinitely more adjustable. My only problem with a good leather gun belt is depending weather I was carrying IWB or OWB, the belt holes always lined up either just short of where I needed or too long. Rarely a perfect fit, however with a Wilderness style belt you can put the tension right where you need it. With holsters you have to spend a little more and get a good quality holster, weather it is leather or Kydex. Leather looks better, feels better, smells better but I hate say this, the Kydex holsters and nylon belts seem to work better in most situations for me. I still can't carry my 1911 in any thing but its leather holster. However, my Glock23 which I carry most of the time rides in a Kydex holster. Good quality gear weather it's leather or synthetic makes carrying a heavy gun much more comfortable.

Guest eyebedam

Saddleback leather company now makes a really nice looking belt, &from Ive been hearing it does a really nice job supporting your firearm. Im thinking of getting 1 myself. I currently have a beltman belt & couldnt be happier. Ive had mine now for atleast 3 years.

another vote for the Wilderness belt. I have a 1.5" 3-stitch that I wear whenever I'm allowed to dress casual. It is fantastic.

I also have a 1.25" black leather belt from K&D Holsters. It was pretty affordable for a hand-made gun belt, and it's nice enough that I wear it with suits pretty much every day. I'm not sure if K&D is still making them, though.

Check out the Jonesboro flea market on Sundays. There is a leatherworker there who does great work. He sets up near the barn. I have gotten several belts from him. They are thick and really hold up well. I also use a Kholster IWB, which improved carry when I had a weak Wal-mart belt. Combined, I can carry all day and hardly know it is there.