your ideal candidate?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lester Weevils

Only three were above 50%. Gingrich is the only surprise. But it isn't like I especially disagree with Gingrich. There are many people with who I mostly agree that I'd never want in the White House.

1. Ideal Candidate (100%)

2. Ron Paul (77%)

3. Wayne Allyn Root (66%)

4. Newt Gingrich (57%)

The test is apparently measuring something "real" but the ambiguity of test questions and limited database of candidates' views could be improved.

For instance I only measured 22% with Herman Cain, a lower percentage than Obama. But examining the site's slim database of Cain's positions, perhaps Cain wouldn't score high for any combination of test responses. Having heard Cain speak on radio and TV quite a bit, I know more about Cain's positions than the test does.

Guest bkelm18
Bachman but how legit is this poll and does the pollster know where these candidates REALLY stand ? or are they going on what these candidates just tell them.

Still voting for Ron Paul.

Well I'm pretty sure no one can read minds so it's probably just going off documented sources. :rolleyes:

Guest Lester Weevils

I didn't read all the candidate position profiles on that site, but a couple of them appeared to be verbatim responses to the site's questionaire, possibly answered by the candidate or a campaign flunky.

Others like Cain had some items picked off from references, and some items marked unknown.

So maybe the site sent their little questionaire to all the candidates but not all candidates responded. Just guessing.

I got a WHO AGAIN: wayne allen root followed by ron paul and newt. Root got 73%, paul 70%, and newt 67%. Which is no mystery to me since I do not like ANY of them. Palin got 51% for me. Bauchman got 42%, almost as bad as obama at 39%. Perry is behind obama at 35% and huntsman is the lowest GOP guy at 31%. Rock bottom was Hillary & Bloomberg in the low 20%s. Guess I need to see who this root guy is... Makes sense looks like he is a libertarian. I agree with them on many issues, but I will not vote for someone who cannot win and rarely get to pick one on a ballot.

Edited by Jonnin
Guest Lester Weevils

Yep Root is a libertarian candidate. I usually vote the libertarian rather than lesser of two evils. Maybe not in 2012. Maybe the greater of two evils is too evil. Time will tell. I can't recall a time when the lesser of two evils worked out that well. Ron Paul has been the libertarian prez candidate in the past.

Jonnin, if you are a libertarian there is no sense hiding in the closet! Flaunt it! Let yer freak flag fly!

Libertarians have been "on the verge" of critical mass since the 1970's. Sometimes libertarians have garnered more than 1 percent of the vote! One of these days the empire will be ours. We only have to convert 49.000001 percent of the remaining voters! We're almost there! :rolleyes:

Here is the proper motivational speech for libertarians everywhere--

Bluto's right. Psychotic... but absolutely right. In this case... I think we have to go all out. I think this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part. We're just the guys to do it. Let's do it. Let's do it! (All shout) Go! Go! Go!

(note: Video is not obscene but has a couple of cuss words. May not be safe for offices.)

Edited by Lester Weevils

Heh, I am not in the closet really, even Root only got a 73% match to my views which is really pretty bad. Mostly, the test confirms that no one who is running (and a number who are not, on this test) would get my vote if there were a decent candidate. Basically I am republican on the big issues (taxes, economy, etc) and libertarian on the social issues (dope, gay rights, etc). This thing had a number of social issues that really skewed the results, but those things just are not as important to me right now.... right now, the economy takes a priority over legal dope or gay marriage for me and probably will for the next 2 presidential elections. I can't afford, literally, to vote on social issues right now. And the dope thing is very questionable to me... before I vote to legalize anything I want to hear a plan on how it will be taxed, quality controlled, and how related crimes (addict theft/prostitution etc, home grown/made, etc) will be handled, IE a full plan not a "half baked" plan, pardon the pun :)

Rick Santorum - 84%

...Now, who the heck is Santorum? Oh wait, I really don't care.

A lot of good comments on how the questions determined your "ideal" or "almost ideal" pick.

I find these polls enlightening and entertaining and encourages me to look closer at the findings.

Santorum was my first pick when the races began months back and got 93% on this poll, I based that opinion on youtube and interviews. Personally I think he'd be pretty good but he's getting about as much attention as RPaul.

I think it's odd that people who aren't even running are on the list, perhaps to steer your thinking towards other "like thinkers"?

Townhall Magazine has a straw poll with Perry at 28.6% and Ron Paul second at 21.2 %. Haven't heard much about Paul in the MSM, same as last time huh.

Copied from todays email;

Presidential-Straw-Poll-Sept.jpg Last month Rick Perry jumped ahead almost 11 points, this month he did it again. The newest entrant into the GOP presidential field amassed almost 30% of the Straw Poll votes in August, clearly outpacing his opponents. Congratulations Governor Rick Perry!

Ron Paul's support finished relatively unchanged from last month, albeit this time in 2nd place. His support has remained steady without witnessing major fluctuations throughout the polling.

Sarah Palin supporters may be giving up on their hopes that she will enter the race as she took the biggest hit this month losing 5.3 points. Herman Cain continues to drop but only by 1.7 points this time. Jon Huntsman climbed up from obscurity by finally registering 1% but that result was only good enough to beat out Thaddeus McCotter who continues to garner little support. After steadily gaining for 5 straight months Michele Bachmann finally regressed a bit by losing 3.2 points.

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

Wayne Allyn Root Ideal Theoretical Candidate 100%

Ron Paul 79%

Wayne Allyn Root 72%

Looks like my choice amongest the anounced canidates is RON PAUL!

Edited by StreetWK05
  • 2 weeks later...

I have no "ideal" candidate . . . anywhere.

When it comes down to it, everyone is out for him/herself. Democrat candidates are personally wealthy and want to spend my money. They want to keep their money. Republican candidates are personally wealthy and want to make sure they don't spend their money, thus they do not want to tax the rich or corporations. They want to keep their money.

As a country, the poor and middle class are screwed . . .