Hard to find stance by Cain

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BungieCord
I was trying to find out more about this candidate, until I found this gem... Herman Cain Breaks With NRA On The Second Amendment | ThinkProgress

Consider the source.

The linked web site is operated by the Center for American Progress, which was founded by Der Schlickmeister's chief of staff, John Podesta. And the dimwitted editorializing that article ends with is a steaming pile of horse hockey.

This is true -- I need to find the original interview without the cut & paste mess. Still a bit odd, if he really said that. If anyone finds an uncut version post it please. There just isnt much on this guy, media ignored for months...

Can I just vote for Ron Paul, the poor guy don't have many years left and we know he likes guns. :rolleyes:

Kinda like the pope after pope John Paul ii, I have a feeling they are going to vote for the old guy in the room so they don't have to wait so long for the next vote.

Funny thing about watching all of them up their debating at once, they are all trying to make themselves look good while taking small bites out of each other but being careful to walk the party line at the same time. If they really get into it too much and too heated they know they will drag out some horrible things out of the closet that will hurt the winner in the run off with Obama.

If you click on the link in the 2nd line of the article you'll get a page with the video interview and an accurate transcript of the important part.

A lot of people are assuming he meant that States have the right to ban guns but that's not what he said. He needs to be asked for clarification (which Blitzer wouldn't do). From what I've heard him say in other interviews he's a strong supporter. He may believe States have the right to issue permits, require training or things of that nature, I really don't know, but he should be allowed to clarify. I do know that this guy is Conservative down to his toes and that's good enough for me.

Cain worked for the Federal Reserve. He has no problems with how they function.

The Federal Reserve created $600,000,000,000.00 (that's billion) dollars during QEII. It is documented that at least $100,000,000,000.00 went to European banks. On top of that they continue to do $$ swaps for unknown amounts to rescue the Euro and bail out bad investments at the expense of inflation in America.

He served on the board of a few multi-national corporations such as Nabisco, Whirlpool and the propaganda machine known as the Reader's Digest, which habitually modifies true stories with their own false slant.

He also was CEO of the National Restaurant Association, which he helped to become one of the top lobbyist groups in America.

He attended the 2006 Security and Prosperity Partnership in Canada, a working group for the North American Union. (google: North American Competitiveness Council)

If he is elected, say hello to the new boss, same as the old boss.

After reading(wAtching) that post, it looks more like Cain got caught in a not prepared state. His publicist probably told him to answer gun questions with I support the 2nd amendment and he got pushed. Basically he wasn't prepared and didn't know where to go. I am as right as you can get, and like what Cain says but is he just talking to get elected.4ae26b50-685c-867b.jpg

Edited by jtmaze
Don't you think the race card was pulled first by the Perry family's name for their hunting retreat?

No. Perry claims that the slur was on a rock on a piece of hunting property that his father leased in the 80s and that it was quickly removed as soon as they took control of it. I doubt Cain has any facts to dispute Perry's version. It was a cheap, unimpressive shot at Perry.

No. Perry claims that the slur was on a rock on a piece of hunting property that his father leased in the 80s and that it was quickly removed as soon as they took control of it. I doubt Cain has any facts to dispute Perry's version. It was a cheap, unimpressive shot at Perry.

I am no Perry fan, but just to add to this. Perry ran for Governor three times in TX. Why wasn't this brought out before now?

Guest 6.8 AR
I am no Perry fan, but just to add to this. Perry ran for Governor three times in TX. Why wasn't this brought out before now?

What's wrong with that? It's legal in Texas.

---

- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest 6.8 AR

Cain's tax plan troubles me. I'm surprised people

actually like it. 9%corporate tax, 9%sales tax and

9% income tax. I wish he would have been for the

Fair Tax. His leaves the income tax in place(reduced)

and adds a sales tax(new) and the corporate tax

should be zero anyway. I like him overall, except

his tax ideas. Believe it or not, I'm leaning towards

Newt. Very glad Christie said no. He's barely a

RINO.

---

- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not sure it was much of a race card. He just said that if the story were true, the sign was insensitive. This is true, whoever painted that was a bigot. It was very slick, and that tells us a lot about cain .... what he did there was leave himself an out if the story turns out to be a non issue, made his opponent look bad/worse, and got himself some free media coverage all for playing the "2 of race" in the cardgame. He probably got some increased black approval ratings. His tax plan interested me, and that is the bulk of his platform, everything else is cobbled around that one issue. I am not sure if I approve of it or not. I like a flat tax rate for everyone, but adding a sales tax is poor. Tax reform is needed, though. Part of his idea is to combine the fair and flat tax camps, to get enough support to push something thru --- that is where some of his odd ideas are coming from, its a mix of the 2. A federal 9% sales tax means every dollar spent in TN is worth about 80 cents --- not good, even with our cost of living.

His tax plan interested me, and that is the bulk of his platform, everything else is cobbled around that one issue. I am not sure if I approve of it or not. I like a flat tax rate for everyone, but adding a sales tax is poor. Tax reform is needed, though. Part of his idea is to combine the fair and flat tax camps, to get enough support to push something thru --- that is where some of his odd ideas are coming from, its a mix of the 2. A federal 9% sales tax means every dollar spent in TN is worth about 80 cents --- not good, even with our cost of living.

Reforming taxes alone, will not correct the woes of the .gov's problems. Overspending has to be addressed.

Sucessful households and business budget their money and save the excess for times of need. Running up deficits is very unsound policy. Most organization do not have the liberty of raising income arbitrary to satisfy monetary needs. Allowing our governments to do so will only result in disaster.

We need to take a long, hard, honest look at seriously cutting governmental expenditures.

There is always a group of people to justify the spending of other folks money.

Reforming taxes alone, will not correct the woes of the .gov's problems. Overspending has to be addressed.Sucessful households and business budget their money and save the excess for times of need. Running up deficits is very unsound policy. Most organization do not have the liberty of raising income arbitrary to satisfy monetary needs. Allowing our governments to do so will only result in disaster.We need to take a long, hard, honest look at seriously cutting governmental expenditures. There is always a group of people to justify the spending of other folks money.
I agree. But I feel we need both: to operate government by spending less than is taken in, and to reform taxes, as I feel they are currently inefficient and outdated. Just getting us to operate on the money that is taken in would be a full time job for a 2 term president and congress, if nothing else at all were done.