Knoxville Walmart has AR's

I've bought one .22 rifle and was there when a friend bought a rifle. On both occasions They did not give either one of us the display.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

ummm.....This was the Powell Wal-Mart about 10 years ago.

Doesn't matter much as I haven't bought or plan to buy any from Wal-Mart.

I buy used, build it, or order it any more...

I do know the guy walked me out the door then handed me the rifle.

He also said they do NOT take return on firearms or ammunition and to contact the manufacture for any

problems.

P.S. - There used to be a sign on the counter at Wal-Mart in Oak Ridge. It said "All Ammunition sales are FINAL"

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've bought one .22 rifle and was there when a friend bought a rifle. On both occasions They did not give either one of us the display.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I've bought 3 from Wally, two were not the display, were brought from stock already boxed.

The one I got on display was the only one there, an uber rare .357 Marlin that had mysteriously come into stock.

- OS

IMO, we should be grateful that a gun like this is even available in a department store. It's wasn't so long ago that this gun (in this configuration anyway) wasn't in any of the stores or at least not for us to own.

The Hermitage Wallyworld had a Bushmaster Ar in the case as well. Of course no one was actually WORKING the sporting good counter. The old fella that is usually there was hiding in the automotive service waiting room. I made eye contact with him and all I got was a wagging finger and "I'm on break".

Yet another reason to NOT shop there.

Guest twpayne75
All sales are final with Walmart as far as guns and ammunition are concerned.

Dolomite

The ammunition part is a legal issue. Once ammunition has left the possesion of the seller, it cannot be returned for any reason. It doesn't matter if you walk out the door and realize you have the wrong caliber, it's yours.

The ammunition part is a legal issue. Once ammunition has left the possesion of the seller, it cannot be returned for any reason. It doesn't matter if you walk out the door and realize you have the wrong caliber, it's yours.

As far as I know, it's not a legal issue (no law against it), but just policy due to perceived liability from reselling possibly damaged ammo or some such?

- OS

Guest twpayne75
As far as I know, it's not a legal issue (no law against it), but just policy due to perceived liability from reselling possibly damaged ammo or some such?

- OS

I won't say for sure if it's a legal isuue. I will look. But if it's a policy, I have never seen any place that sells ammunition that doesn't have the same policy.

Greeneville Walmart has a run of the mill bushmaster and a Sig AR with Magpul Full length hand gaurd and pistol grip and a fixed stock. I believe she told me the price was high 800's. They had just got it in and she said it wasn't something they could order, they just happen to get a hold of one. Wasn't a bad looking rifle for the price. I think it had a 18 inch barrel on it, but I don't own an AR and don't know a whole lot about them.

Edited by babelt