Knoxville Walmart has AR's

I was in there today and they had a Bushmater for $944. There was a customer standing there talking about purchasing it. I mentioned to him the a local shop had AR's cheaper that were just as good. The clerk asked who and I mentioned who it was and she looked dumbfounded asking again who they were.

I also looked up the price at Bud's and their price is cheaper as well. I mentioned that it was cheaper online to the customer and the sales clerk's response was that I didn't know what I was talking about. She also said there must be something wrong with them like they were broken or something or everyone would buy from the internet. I told her I buy stuff off the internet all the time and she just huffed.

I mentioned to the customer again about the local shop having them cheaper and her response to the customer was that the local shop was selling messed up guns. She then told me to quit trying to talk a customer out of buying their guns.

Dolomite

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a base model with M4 profiled barrel. Bolt carrier was a standard parkerized model. Standard carbine handguards. Flat top with a removeable cary handle. It did have a standard front sight. Collapsible stock, don't know if it was 4 or 6 position.

Dolomite

Edited by Dolomite_supafly

If ARs at Walmart become commonplace, stand by for knee jerk reaction from the left...

I'm not really into ARs but I am guessing they are made in China to be sold at Hellmart.

I wish. I bet Norinco builds a better rifle than Bushy.

I was in there today and they had a Bushmater for $944. There was a customer standing there talking about purchasing it. I mentioned to him the a local shop had AR's cheaper that were just as good. The clerk asked who and I mentioned who it was and she looked dumbfounded asking again who they were.

I also looked up the price at Bud's and their price is cheaper as well. I mentioned that it was cheaper online to the customer and the sales clerk's response was that I didn't know what I was talking about. She also said there must be something wrong with them like they were broken or something or everyone would buy from the internet. I told her I buy stuff off the internet all the time and she just huffed.

I mentioned to the customer again about the local shop having them cheaper and her response to the customer was that the local shop was selling messed up guns. She then told me to quit trying to talk a customer out of buying their guns.

Dolomite

The guy in the sporting goods department told me this last night but he said the price would be closer to $997 at the Walmart on Clinton Hwy. I looked at the picture because they wouldn't be in stock until 2 weeks and I said no thanks. He asked why and I told him the truth. I could build one for 1k that would be better and at least have a quad rail for attachments. This is literally like a $600 beginner AR-15. He did say that it at least was supposed to have a 16" chrome lined barrel that's chambered for 5.56/.223 so that's at least one plus.

I went to a Walmart this evening, and sure enough, there sat an evil black rifle in the case.

$947. Bushmaster Patrolman M4A3 Carbine.

Buds has it for $873. If that is the rifle a person has his heart set on, and they will either price match, or go to the price that Dolomite mentioned he saw it dropped down to, sounds like a fair deal to me.

Nope. They won't price match on this. See their policies:

*The following are guidelines and limitations:

• We will match any local competitor's advertised price.
  • We do not require customers to have the ad with them to honor a competitor's ad.
  • Items purchased must be identical to the ad (size, quantity, brand, flavor, color, etc.)

We DO NOT match the price in the following types of competitor ads:

• Items that require a separate purchase to get the ad price
    • example: "Buy [item A] to get [item B] for $C"

[*]Items with no actual price that require a purchase to get free product

• example: "Buy both [items A & B] to get [item C] for free"

[*]Items that require a purchase to get a competitors' gift card

• example: "Buy [item A] to get a $B gift card

[*]Buy one, get one free (BOGO) ads with no actual price given

[*]Going out of business or closeout prices

[*]Percentage off

• example: "All mascara, 40% off"

[*]Competitors' private label price promotions

We do not honor:

• Ads when the actual price for items cannot be determined.
  • Internet pricing
  • Misprinted ad prices of other retailers
  • "Going out of business" sales or "close out" prices

Nope. They won't price match on this. See their policies:

Even if they don't price match the Bud's price, but they do go to the price Dolomite said he saw, that is still only $25 more for the rifle.

It is not the base model Bushmaster, it is a mid model. I have no clue whether it is a good rifle or not, but the point is, if that is the rifle a person has their heart set on, $25 over Buds cost, with no shipping or transfer, to have it the same day, that seems a fair price.

The difference would be in sales tax.