Which 9mm to buy?

Guest DonRickles

Guest DonRickles

I'm looking at the 9mm for a primary carry gun, and have narrowed it down to two weapons of equal quality: the Lorcin L9mm and the Glock 19.

I can get the Lorcin for a lot cheaper than the Glock, I know that I'd just be paying for the name by buying the Glock, but maybe its worth it for the "Glock Perfection".

Any thoughts?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sagebrushjim

Kel-Tec P11 is also a good choice... Lightweight, 10 rounds + 1 and lifetime warranty... Mine has been very reliable and very easy to conceal...

Guest Steelharp

Lorcins are well known as POS "Saturday Night Specials." They are in no way comparable to a Glock... or anything else. Except maybe Davis, etc.

Edit: I just realized your handle and avatar... you're a funny guy!!!

Edited by Steelharp
Guest .45Jon
Before limiting your choices to just 2 why not find a range that rents firearms and try out as many as you can. This will help you determine the best fit for you.

I agree fully.

Lorcins are well known as POS "Saturday Night Specials." They are in no way comparable to a Glock... or anything else. Except maybe Davis, etc.

Ha! +1

Before limiting your choices to just 2 why not find a range that rents firearms and try out as many as you can. This will help you determine the best fit for you.

Couldn't agree more. There are alot of good guns in the price range of the glock 19. That being said...the 19 is one of the most popular carry guns for a reason. Its no glory gun...but its reliable and will go bang when ya need it to. But if you have money to throw at it...send it to this guy.. http://www.bowietacticalconcepts.com/signatureglocks.html

Guest tcampbell

you may also want to check out the Springfield Armory XD 9 mm....

I have the subcompact 9mm and 45 in compact...nary a problem with either...kinda similair to the glock, but also has a safety on the backstrap.

If you are going to bet your life on it, spend more if you get greater reliability--- is your life worth a couple of hundred dollars more?

Of course, a Lorcin POS that you can buy is usually better than no gun at all.

Steal your grandmother's TV and pawn it so you can buy the better weapon. Stop cable for 2-3 months and you can afford the Glock. Drink less beer. Quit smoking. Drive less. Eat out less often. Work more.

Guest cdsusong

I have a Glock 19 and a Kahr CW9. I carry the Kahr as it is easier to carry and conceal. 8 rounds in the Kahr vs. 15 in the glock. I figure 8 is plenty. I love the Kahr.

Don't take my word for it.

I'm not sure how serious Rickles is trying to be, but whatever the case, I doubt he will ever find a rental Lorcin.