Someone good is running against Corker!

Hey gang, so if you didn't know already Corker's seat is up for reelection this fall. I don't know about you, but I do not like corker. He is simply another slimy politician who is not a true conservative. So I want to introduce Brenda Lenard as the person we should have as our next Senator from TN.

Brenda Lenard For US Senate 2012 | Facebook

The only thing stopping us from having Brenda represent us is US not telling our neighbors about her and why Corker sucks. I personally sat down with her for 2 1/2 hours the other night to talk about shooting videos for her campaign and felt like I was talking to myself. A real person who simply wants very little government in all aspects of our lives.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will for sure give her a look. Corker is a worthless liberal republican who barely beat a horrible candidate in ford jr.

I will vote for anyone else not named corker, that is of course he is the republican candidate and then I will be looking for an independent candidate. of neither then I will hold my nose

Never hear of her... no idea what her policies or beliefs are. If you want people to vote for her you need to tell them why and what she stands for. Your post sounds like you just don't like Corker.

yup

I'm sorry, but gad, you people need to learn how to read.

First, you should vote for her because this is what she boils down to: A real person who simply wants very little government in all aspects of our lives. I posted that in my message. Read, don't scan things or you miss information.

Second, I posted the link to her facebook site because there is tons of info there. Look at her wall, the last post from this morning has a lot of information about what she believes in. And the background & Issues page, there's information on that just wait more than half a second to let it load.

Third, please learn how to use Google. Simply googling her name gives you her website where she has an issues page. Here's the site: Welcome to Brenda Lenard For U.S. Senate Web site

Sorry to be a little rude, but it's very rude to post questions that show that you didn't read the information which was clearly posted in the original post. I didn't want to hype you too much or feed you crap, I just wanted you to go to her facebook page and read it directly.

Now that said, her stance on the 2d amendment is very strong. She's filling out the NRA rating form, working on getting her carry permit, and is going to a lot of gun shows to meet people (which has evidently been very positive for her.) When we talked about the 2d amendment the other night there was never any hesitation or dancing around the issues (she was very interested in the national reciprocity bill.)

And to those who think we can do worse than Corker, I disagree. We've come to a point in our country where people like Corker and their "moderate" views are really allowing us to go down the crapper because even if they do stand up to the liberals (not that they do that very well), it hasn't gotten us going back on the right track. All they do is slow down the train, which is still on the wrong track.

I'm interested in learning more about her. I'd rather see more "citizen participation" in Congress. I hope she

starts working the crowds and exposes her ideology. First I've heard of her.

I don't buy into that. I am not a Corker fan but I won't vote for "anybody else" either. I reserve that distinction for Obmama.

Raoul is right on this one. If ya want to get rid of a "real" worthless senator, get rid of Alexander!! On balance, i think Corker has done a reasonable job. At least he is a capitalist. I'm all for changin polititians often, but ya need to know who they are.

leroy

Guest FroggyOne2

I agree that Lamar needs to get some where, Corker, well he mainly followed Lamar's lead most of the time. There is not time right now for middle right progressives, we need Constitutionalist! Strong minded stand on their gound people that will not succombe to the mindset of the established Grand Ole Party. Change within the party is needed, but the only way to do that is to keep flooding the old system with new blood. Strong blood, that will work for the good of the country, not for the good of their pocket. And if they don't do and work for the will of the people, then vote them out. Of course, this would mean that people need to become more involved and that is a hard hill to climb with a new generation that don't give a crap about involvement. But, in like mind as to some of others that I have listened to, I feel that as much as I am dissatisfied with the current field of GOP contenters on the National level and one of them not even being a Republican. We will need reps that will be able to work hand in hand with the new number one person. As much as I don't like the current field, though I do lean greatly towards Mr. R.S. , but in the same token, I hesitate inside when saying that any of them would be better then the O man and mrs mooch. But, I would sigh some relief to know that they are gone as well. The one thing that I oppose is a chrony capitialist and therefore, my last choice would be the glove man.

I agree that it seems like most all of them, local and national, are way too liberal for our needs. However, I also agree with you that change has to come from within the party. Like it or not, we have a 2 party system, and anytime we have a strong 3rd party candidate, all it seems to do is swing the election to the Democrats, i.e. look at what happened when Perot ran a while back. For those of you too young to remember, what happened was Perot ran as an Independent, garnered a very strong following from conservative Repubs and Indies who usually voted Repub...and essentially threw the election to Clinton. I was a Perot supporter myself. That was a real eye opener for me. Now last year the Tea Party, when it looked like it might evolve into a real political party, MAY have worked...but the Repubs were able to squash that from happening.

At this point, nationally I'm a ABO (Anybody But Obama) kind of guy...and will vite for whichever GOP candidate wins the nomination becasue he will be the lesser of the 2 evils in my book...Great choice? Of course not, but the only viable one I think. Those that stick to their ideals and vote for the third party candidate or a write in have every right to do just that, but they should also understand that they are essentially helping the liberals stay in power. If they do stay in power, watch out! You think you've seen change so far? Just wait. I heard one of Obama's speeches on TV yesterday where he plain out stated that if you think you've seen change so far, then if you'll work harder to re-elect him than you worked to elect him, he will show you real change!~

Alexander and Corker both are too liberal for me. But Id rather have them than a more liberal democrat. Look at Cooper for example. The only times he doesnt vote the party line is when its a sure bet and they dont need his vote. THEN, he votes fiscally conservatively.

So whats your solution? Vote for an unelectable person out of some kind of principle?

I honestly wish I had a solution, but thanks for proving my point.

Voting for the lesser of two evils really worked in the last presidential election, didn't it?

Edited by DaddyO
Raoul is right on this one. If ya want to get rid of a "real" worthless senator, get rid of Alexander!! On balance, i think Corker has done a reasonable job. At least he is a capitalist. I'm all for changin polititians often, but ya need to know who they are.

leroy

You can't "get rid" of Alexander until his seat is up for election...unless I missed it his term isn't up yet.

Of course, we shouldn't be voting for Senators anyway but that's another issue (and probably not something that is going to change anytime soon).

You can't "get rid" of Alexander until his seat is up for election...unless I missed it his term isn't up yet.

Of course, we shouldn't be voting for Senators anyway but that's another issue (and probably not something that is going to change anytime soon).

I fully agree. When it's time we should; but we probably wont. It's a shame. Alaxander is a scourge on Tennessee. I don't see Corker as a "scourge".

leroy