Tattoo removal in Mid TN

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NYCrulesU

I'm covered in tats. I'd never have any removed. I'm nowhere near done. When I can afford it I want portraits of my dauvhters on my back and my leg (knee to ankle) sleeved with nkthing but Pete Rose stuff and have a lifesized ball with Pete's actual signature tatted on.

PICTURE! Have you ever done a Google Image search for ugly tatoos? Then do a search for nice tatoos. They are all the same pictures. How would you like to have these? I've seen better art on truck stop restroom walls....

f68bdab2c8tattoo.jpg.jpg

indian-chief-tattoo.jpg

Edited by Will Carry

I got my only tattoo at Hopkinsville, Ky. in 1973 on my arm. Naturally it was a womans name and we got divorced in 1977. I got remarried in 1980 and needless to say it's a sore point. Over the years I did some research on getting it removed. Years ago it was the skin graph method, very painfull and normally it didn't remove everything, I was informed it kind of depended on the ink used.

Fast forward to the modern age. I was at a dermatologist about ten years ago for a problem with my daughter. I seen a sign about tattoo removal and inquired about it.

Well, my tatto translates to THREE square inches. It is estimated at $1,000.00 per square inch for laser removal for three sessions. Depending on the ink used, it could be more laser removal trips and more costs.

To top that off, the Doctor told me the pain is about twice what it was to have it installed, OUCH! No pain relief while it is being laser removed, period. You are encouraged to take a couple of Tylonal when finished after a session.

So, IMHO, the only logical place to get a tattoo removed is a dermatoligist with laser removal. Look in your local yellow pages for one.

At my old age, I don't want that kind of prolonged pain. I'll let mother nature take care of it when my body is dead and rotting. JMHO.

Good Luck.

P.S. I seen a guy who had the laser removal and it was completely gone, with slight scaring.

P.S.S. (Edit) Seen a program awhile back where you could get your tats removed for free for various reasons. Might want to Google free tattoo removal and see what pops up? Just trying to help.

Edited by Dennis1209

I know a guy who had an American flag tatooed over his ex-girlfriends name. It looked great! My daughter went out and had a CAT tatooed on her back.

It still makes me mad! A CAT!!!!!! Do you know what the guys will say when she's walking down the beach? "Hey, nice CAT!" But they won't say cat they'll say another word.

Guest Lester Weevils

The dermatologist answer sounds good. I'm a tattoo virgin but have been tempted in my old age to get a bunch of tasteless tattoos just to give strangers entirely the wrong impression. :)

In one of the earlier Sons of Anarchy TV episodes there was demonstrated a nominally free biker tattoo removal method, but it involved a blowtorch and most likely would hurt just a little bit.

The cheaper method is to have it covered up. If you search some shops in your area you will find someone who specializes in that.

The second solution is to wear long sleeves and a collared shirt (that is what I do.)

The best solution is to not get foolish tattoos, but yeah, what seems like a good idea today might not tomorrow.

For the record I am covered in tattoos. I also work in an office environment. I am the 'young guy,' compared to several of my co-workers. There is a bit of friction over this, but nothing horrible. Sometimes it is difficult for folks in their late fifties/early sixties to understand a professional college educated person in their thirties covered in tattoos. It is the way of the future. Crew cuts and shirts and ties are becoming less common.

I am sure the piercings don't help either.

I don't regret any of my tattoos, and none of them (well two of them) were impulse decisions. I have meaning and thought behind all of my tattoos, and if they weren't so damn expensive, I would have even more of them. They are kinda like guns in that respect. I don't care if you care for them or not, but I like them.

Sorry, I must have missed the first post protocol rule in faq. I have been browsing this website frequently for months, mainly the classifieds and I had a question I thought I might be able to get good info for. I apologize to all members for my ignorance.

It's cool man, don't worry about it. Your gonna get replies that you don't like in any thread you post. Just sort out the useful and let the rest slide.

Sorry, I must have missed the first post protocol rule in faq. I have been browsing this website frequently for months, mainly the classifieds and I had a question I thought I might be able to get good info for. I apologize to all members for my ignorance.

It's cool budkr, no one said it was a bad first post, just odd. :) and it is a little odd, but cool. People talk about everything one here.

Personally, I would talk to a GOOD tattoo artist and see cover up options. A GOOD tattoo artist might fool you at how well they can polish a turd.

NOW, tell the truth.....it's a chick's name ain't it....I bet it is:tough:

PICTURE! Have you ever done a Google Image search for ugly tatoos? Then do a search for nice tatoos. They are all the same pictures. How would you like to have these? I've seen better art on truck stop restroom walls....

f68bdab2c8tattoo.jpg.jpg

indian-chief-tattoo.jpg

Hey that first pic is me, the tattoo is a portrait of my mom, what are you trying to say? j/k