Ever seen an AR like this?

Guest dubaholic2

Guest dubaholic2

I was at work this evening and a gentleman brought this in to show off. It's a DPMS lower and the hand guard is a TAC2 (IIRC). This thing goes together in mere seconds, and I fell in love with it. Despite my begging, he wouldn't part with it. ;) Has anyone ever seen anything like this before, and if so please give me any info you have. I wish I had thought to snap some pics before he put it back in the briefcase, but these are better than nothing i guess.

1328229257687.jpg

1328229267062.jpg

1328229331674.jpg

Guest dubaholic2

hipower: I work at Gander Mtn., so this was by no means the norm. beowulf: can you give me a little insight on exactly what it is and where to find one? Thanks.

the wife has one, it is a TAC-2, hers has a YHM barrel and the damn thing with the 60 grain V-max is unbelivable accurate. and stays in its brief case. point of impact never changes. you always know where it will hit.

hated the finish on the barrel, sent it to wilson combat and now with the YHM cuts on the barrel it looks as good as it shoots. also i fix the ring or collar on the barrel to keep it from scaring up the barrel finish.

tomorrow i will see if she post a pic.

Guest dubaholic2

I appreciate all the info. I have been wanting another AR and was considering building one, but this is just so damn cool that I may have changed directions.

That is just silly, try and assemble that is someone is shooting at you, HK breifcase is a little more realistic

Let's be honest, both are silly in consideration of self-defense. Like most toys, this is about coolness factor.

• Like 1
That is just silly, try and assemble that is someone is shooting at you, HK breifcase is a little more realistic

Yes but the HK briefcase is a NFA item. As is any gun that is capable of firing from within a briefcase.

This AR isn't for when you are actively being shot at, it is for when you see trouble coming as well as keeping a low profile while travelling. I was recently speaking with someone who carries firearms with them as they travel. They put them in tool cases like DeWalt or Ryobi so as not to raise suspicion when entering the hotel.

I actually like this enough that it has made it onto my list of things to buy. I could put the AR as well as a few days of supplies into a cooler without anyone being the wiser.

Dolomite

• Like 1
Yes but the HK briefcase is a NFA item. As is any gun that is capable of firing from within a briefcase.

This AR isn't for when you are actively being shot at, it is for when you see trouble coming as well as keeping a low profile while travelling. I was recently speaking with someone who carries firearms with them as they travel. They put them in tool cases like DeWalt or Ryobi so as not to raise suspicion when entering the hotel.

I actually like this enough that it has made it onto my list of things to buy. I could put the AR as well as a few days of supplies into a cooler without anyone being the wiser.

Dolomite

I know this dude, who knows this guy that uses a hardcase golf bag...doesn't get any sneaker then that.

Doesn't hurt that it's Tennessee bred. And Dolomite has it right, it's for, as its name implies, discretion, should you want to be prepared for whatever may happen, wherever you are, maybe even in places or states where firearms are vehemently frowned upon.

I know that there is a .308 version, so a .458 may not be outside of the realm of possibility.

I have been wanting another AR and was considering building one, but this is just so damn cool that I may have changed directions.

If you buy the kit, you can still build it yourself.

hipower: I see tons of "interesting" things at work. They just aren't usually gun related. :)

Now that I can relate to.

I used to work for an automotive parts company. When I came in from my route, I've seen some really interesting people. Some of whom would make the People of Walmart look normal. And some of the wild things people do....:(. I was working the door at one of the company Christmas parties when a couple of guys tried to come thru the door carrying the beer keg out. At another one, we had a couple of trucks set up displaying some aftermarket accessories and a trio of partiers brought in a "lady" from the streetwalkers association, got in the truck, locked the doors and proceeded to utilize her unique services and abilities with an audience assembled. It was a crewcab truck, btw, so it wasn't too crowded.:blush::blink: