Glock Upgrades (Ghost Rocket)

alwaysonjohn

I just installed the Ghost Rocket Ultimate kit on my Gen4 Glock 27 which includes the connector along with some springs. I must say for $25 i am completely impressed. I went from a rather new and tough trigger pull to a lighter and smoother trigger pull. Anyone else have any experience with the ghost rocket kit or other upgrades? My other upgrades in the worth it pile are my Hogue Handalls wrap-ons and Truglo TFO sights.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put one in a gen 4 G19 and it worked fine for about 200 rounds then the trigger went all to heck.

The trigger would become stiffer and stiffer the more I shot it. I would do a quick field strip wipe it down and it would function fine for about 20 rounds then it would start to stiffen up again until the trigger was like breaking a dowel rod. The gun never did have a failure to fire it just became very hard to pull the trigger.

I took the Ghost out and 1500 rounds later I haven't had any problems.

I have Ghost connectors in my other Glocks and have had no problems with them.

I've put in a couple of Ghost Rocket 3.5 connectors and never had a problem, but both in Gen 3 9mms.

My favorite Glock upgrades:

1) Phantom or Fulcrum trigger

2) Ghost Rocket connector

3) 6lb trigger spring

4) .25 trigger job

5) HiViz red "competition" front fiber optic sight

6) Std Glock steel rear sight

I put one in a gen 4 G19 and it worked fine for about 200 rounds then the trigger went all to heck.

The trigger would become stiffer and stiffer the more I shot it. I would do a quick field strip wipe it down and it would function fine for about 20 rounds then it would start to stiffen up again until the trigger was like breaking a dowel rod. The gun never did have a failure to fire it just became very hard to pull the trigger.

I had this experience when I put in the glock - connector. Any idea why? Once I wipe it down it's great for about 30 pulls but then gets real heavy at the break.

If you can youtube some glock teardown videos then installing the ghost rocket is really easy. You just need a small punch to take apart the glock and for the firing pin there are tricks to take that apart. It took me 10 minutes but I knew how to fully disassemble the glock.

Edited by alwaysonjohn

I had this experience when I put in the glock - connector. Any idea why? Once I wipe it down it's great for about 30 pulls but then gets real heavy at the break.

My guess was that the connector was out of spec somehow so I just took it out and put it back in the package.

I wasn't really interested in trying to figure out the exact problem with the connector once I saw that removing it solved my problem.

I'm going to try one of the Glock factory 3.5/ "-" connectors.

I guess I should send it back to Ghost and get my money back.

Edited by BrasilNuts

I had a similar problem with a Ghost Ultimate in a SR9. Mine wouldn't fire at all. After several attempts and discussions with Arthur we finally got it right by using the Tactical instead.

Excellent customer service. :up:

My guess was that the connector was out of spec somehow so I just took it out and put it back in the package.

I wasn't really interested in trying to figure out the exact problem with the connector once I saw that removing it solved my problem.

I'm going to try one of the Glock factory 3.5/ "-" connectors.

I guess I should send it back to Ghost and get my money back.

I actually did use a factory glock (-) connector with same result. The thing is I run a ny1 with (-) connector in my duty gun so was trying to duplicate the pull on my off duty 19 but it failed to have the same result. The trigger pull is nothing like my 22 duty gun. The only difference I can think of is the 19 is a gen 4 and the 22 is a gen 3.

I actually did use a factory glock (-) connector with same result. The thing is I run a ny1 with (-) connector in my duty gun so was trying to duplicate the pull on my off duty 19 but it failed to have the same result. The trigger pull is nothing like my 22 duty gun. The only difference I can think of is the 19 is a gen 4 and the 22 is a gen 3.

I have a Gen 3 G19 and a Gen 4 G23. The triggers are different. There is more than one theory as to why. I know the trigger bars are different. Haven't dug any deeper than that.

I dropped in a Ghost 4.5 Ranger connector in a couple of Gen 4 19s last month. I must say it definitely changed the trigger to a more smooth and crisp if you can say crisp on a Glock trigger. It took a lot of the sponge feel out.

No fitting at all on either of them.

Edited by Slpeod

One of those Ghost connectors, can't recall which, has cuto-uts along it to keep debris from getting caught b/w the connector and the inside of the frame. I wonder if that would help the issue some are having with the trigger?

FWIW...I've had no issues whatsoever w/ my Gen4 G17 and the standard ghost 3.5# connector, 6# trigger spring, reduced power fps spring, and .25 trigger job. I wish there was enough consistency in mfg for everyone to have the exact same results.

Guest twpayne75

Just throwing this out because I have not seen it mentioned. Those of you having trouble with the Rocket, you are filing it to fit YOUR Glock right? It is not a drop in part and not meant to be. You all may be doing this and if you are I apologize for the intrusion. I have used a few of the Rockets and have always been pleased with them.