Which Glock and why?

gjohnsoniv

My first Glock was a 23 since I wanted .40 firepower and something comfortable at the range. After I got a real job I sold the 23 and bought a 27 for concealment and a 35 for the range with a 9mm conversion. I do miss the 23 though and will likely add that to the collection. They are kind of like baseball cards, there is no real reason to just have one. The 22 is my home defense gun and the 19 and 34 for more fun at the range.

Edited by bigwakes

2nd gen 19, don't like the finger grooves on the 19/23 size. But I will point out that while the 26/27 isn't that much smaller than the 19/23, it does fit better than my 19 and I can shoot it more accurately than my 19. I have heard this from others as well.

Glock 19 or Glock 23 depending on your preference for 9mm or .40SW

The 26 / 27 give up a lot in terms of ergonomics and capacity for hardly any gain in concealability. The 17/22 give up a lot in terms of concealability for hardly any gain in ergonomics or capacity. Just my practical take on the matter.

Totally agree here. Have a G26 and wish it were the G19. Do not make that mistake! Not much larger for a lot more gun.

Glock 23 for all the reasons mentioned above, but Glock 19 is right up there if you want to stick with 9mm and not incur the additional expense of conversion barrels. I have a Glock 23 gen 4, but will probably add a 19 gen 4 at some point in the future.

Glock 19 or Glock 23 depending on your preference for 9mm or .40SW

The 26 / 27 give up a lot in terms of ergonomics and capacity for hardly any gain in concealability. The 17/22 give up a lot in terms of concealability for hardly any gain in ergonomics or capacity. Just my practical take on the matter.

What's with this 'or' stuff? Everyone needs a 19 and a 23! :)

• Like 1

I loved my G32 but cost to much to shoot a lot. When I bought it, a box of target ammo was $13, now it's $26 so I sold it. If I were to get another Glock to carry it would most likely be 23 or 27, ammo is reasonably priced and readily available. If I planned on just target shooting a 9mm would be my choice.

Love the Glocks. You can't have just one. I had a G19 Gen3 for three years and sold it recently and bought a G22 Gen4. The G22 Gen4 has been great but now I want another G19 again. Also have a G26 Gen3 that I carry. It's good to have a larger frame Glock for range / home defense and then a compact / sub-compact model for conceal carry.

Guest Bassman17SC

WARNING...POT STIRRING BELOW...WARNING...POT STIRRING BELOW!

Umm, none of them?

Give me a metal frame.

I tried Glocks. I really did. They were bulky and ugly and they did not fit my hand well. For my first pistol, I looked at everything. I ended up with an XD(m). Then I traded the Springfield for a SIg. Haven't even considered any plastic handgun since.

I love my Glock 19 Gen 4. Make sure if you get a gen 4 to check to see if they have the correct recoil spring assembly (RSA) and ejector. For the 19, the RSA should have "0 4 3" stamped on it, and the ejector should have "30274" stamped on it. If you have the "0 4" RSA and/or the "336" ejector, get them replaced or you will continue to have ejection issues and jams/stovepipes. Mine works flawlessly with the new ejector and RSA. Glock perfection baby! :)

I love my Glock 19 Gen 4. Make sure if you get a gen 4 to check to see if they have the correct recoil spring assembly (RSA) and ejector. For the 19, the RSA should have "0 4 3" stamped on it, and the ejector should have "30274" stamped on it. If you have the "0 4" RSA and/or the "336" ejector, get them replaced or you will continue to have ejection issues and jams/stovepipes. Mine works flawlessly with the new ejector and RSA. Glock perfection baby! :)

I figured they would get it worked out.