Tennessee Primary TGO Exit Poll

Who Did You Vote For?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you vote for in the Tennessee republican presidential primary?

• Mitt Romney
    • Rick Santorum
    • Newt Gingrich
    • Ron Paul
    • Other
    • Did not vote

Whatchu talkin' 'bout mav?

On the following thread, http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/45676-did-you-take-to-the-polls-today/

someone was down voting all those who voted for Paul and up voting everyone who voted for Santorum. I just checked the thread again, and it has changed. Either a moderator took care of it, or someone up voted all of those who voted for Paul to reset to zero.

I really don't like that crap. It is very childish.

• Like 1
Guest bkelm18

As I said in the other thread, they're all crap, so I stayed home. Well technically I was on a mountain in NC. Voting was the last thing on my mind. :) I'll vote for whoever wins the primary in the general.

I missed the vote.

I am really upset with myself now. I hope it turns out to be the same as on here. Ron Paul is about the only candidate who seems truthful. The rest have lied, changed positions or are part of the problem. I wonder what is going to happen if Paul takes the lead.

Dolomite

I missed the vote.

I am really upset with myself now. I hope it turns out to be the same as on here. Ron Paul is about the only candidate who seems truthful. The rest have lied, changed positions or are part of the problem. I wonder what is going to happen if Paul takes the lead.

Dolomite

Yer TV broken?

TN was called for Santorum hours ago. RP came in a (very) distant 4th.

Statewide:

http://www.foxnews.c...y-super-tuesday

County by county:

http://www.foxnews.c...sults-by-county

As always one must remember that TGO is not necessarily representative of TN as a whole and FAR from it compared to entire US electorate.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

Two more for Paul at this house...

I look at it this way. BO is driving the country straight to hell. Every other Republican candidate is arguing which route to hell the country should take. RP is the only one that wants to go to Disneyland instead.

• Like 1

Two more for Paul at this house...

I look at it this way. BO is driving the country straight to hell. Every other Republican candidate is arguing which route to hell the country should take. RP is the only one that wants to go to Disneyland instead.

Great way to put it. I laughed a bit at this even though it is true.

Dolomite

Yer TV broken?

TN was called for Santorum hours ago. RP came in a (very) distant 4th.

Statewide:

http://www.foxnews.c...y-super-tuesday

County by county:

http://www.foxnews.c...sults-by-county

As always one must remember that TGO is not necessarily representative of TN as a whole and FAR from it compared to entire US electorate.

- OS

Television wasn't turned on at all yesterday. I was feeling pretty good so we went to Panther creek for a little bit of time outside.

Dolomite

I really, really can't believe that TN went to Santorum. That guy's spin on government via religion scares me.

V+for+Vendetta+-+Totalitarian.jpg

Yep. Unfortunately you can have a individual that will invoke God and/or lace their speeches with religiosity and a lot of church folk will flock towards that candidate without doing any additional investigation on the candidate, or thinking further about the possible ramifications in the future.

I have said this before, I agree with Santorum's religious views from a personal perspective. However, I totally disagree that government should be involved in promoting those ideas, such as promotion of the family, etc... I also see this as being very dangerous.

Even though my language sometimes suggests otherwise, I am a Christian (albeit an imperfect one). I am also a traditionalist, and I do not believe that the government promoting some of the values Santorum espouses has anything to do with our founding traditions. While it is certain that these values need to be protected from the extreme on the other side of the political aisle, they should be left to the individual, local communities, and religious institutions.

• Like 1
Guest ArmyVeteran37214

I'm gonna have to use that in a post on facebook!

Edited by ArmyVeteran37214

I voted yesterday but it doesn't matter to me who the candidate is who goes up against BHO. We have to defeat BHO! All of the candidates have to get behind the winner and vigorously support him. If guys like Paul jump in as and alternate party candidate then it will split the vote again and then BHO wins. If these guys really love America then they will unite. Thats the only chance there is, IMO, to replace the worst President in American history.

I voted yesterday but it doesn't matter to me who the candidate is who goes up against BHO. We have to defeat BHO! All of the candidates have to get behind the winner and vigorously support him. If guys like Paul jump in as and alternate party candidate then it will split the vote again and then BHO wins. If these guys really love America then they will unite. Thats the only chance there is, IMO, to replace the worst President in American history.

+1
Guest Lester Weevils

So TN chose Santorum. Ironically enough for us old-time Science Fiction readers, 2012 is the year Nehemiah Scudder was elected.

http://en.wikipedia....If_This_Goes_On

Ah, yes. A fictional character who made great impression on me as a kid reading heinlein, though he was only mentioned in a couple of "minor" heinlein works. Mainly "Revolt in 2100" collection. I don't think Scudder was even featured "in person" in any of heinlein's stories. Just third-party referenced in a few stories as a theocrat who managed to screw up a hundred years of history.

Edited by Lester Weevils
  • Administrator

I have said this before, I agree with Santorum's religious views from a personal perspective. However, I totally disagree that government should be involved in promoting those ideas, such as promotion of the family, etc... I also see this as being very dangerous.

Even though my language sometimes suggests otherwise, I am a Christian (albeit an imperfect one). I am also a traditionalist, and I do not believe that the government promoting some of the values Santorum espouses has anything to do with our founding traditions. While it is certain that these values need to be protected from the extreme on the other side of the political aisle, they should be left to the individual, local communities, and religious institutions.

My sentiments exactly. I agree with his views, and just as I felt it was good that 'W' relied upon them to guide his governance, I think Santorum will be more than happy to go sliding down a very slippery slope.