U.S. soldier kills 16 Afghan civilians, including children

Guest bkelm18

The ones the American soldier is trying to protect are also the ones who are also killing American

soldiers. I wouldn't give the Afghans the time of day. And as far as appeasement goes, you don't

send a soldier to do that kind of job. You let him do his job. State Dept, can appease all they want.

What happens to that soldier is something you don't do by giving someone else jurisdiction. What

about the rest of the soldiers over there? Our system can take care of this matter.

One guy I know was in Iraq for at least one year, maybe two. He said his time there really screwed him

up. After he got out, he said he stayed drunk, most of the time, lost his wife and his family relations went

straight to hell. I imagine he's not alone.

We don't need to be judging our soldiers because of a news report that probably is lacking, like most

news reports. It's a tragic event and I'll leave it at that.

So if the story is true, we don't need to judge someone who murdered innocent civilians? It's just a fact of life? #### that. If he is guilty, give him his trial, then execute his sorry ass. Or toss him to the Afghans. They would ensure justice is done. Simple as that.

I wouldnt say we never impose the death penalty anymore, its just rare. Hasan Akbar was the most recent sentenced (Still in apeals). Nidal Hasan is also a good candidate to be sentenced to death. It definately isnt swift, but it does happen

Sentencing someone to death and actually carrying out that sentence are two very different things. The military hasn't carried out an execution in nearly 50 years.

Guest 6.8 AR

bkelm, I merely meant wait until justice has the

opportunity to prevail. I don't give a damn about

if the story is true or not. If you wish to speculate,

That's for you, okay. I wouldn't be convicting the

man in the court of public opinion. If is iffy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is such a bad subject to discuss.

It breeds nothing but contempt at this point..And I know what I think about it would prolly get me tossed off this board permanently.Its not in favor of the Afghan people .

Its just bad that we do not know all of the details.One thing is for sure.. normal people do not go on a shooting spree like that.Hopefully eventually we will learn why he did it..

Ohh, okay. Protect him. I mean, he just killed children, but he's a US soldier and that means soooo much more. Pfft. Scum bag. Let him rot from a rope and low tree limb.

Yes. He’s an American soldier in a war zone. He gets a fair trial the same as if he did this in the states. We don’t turn soldiers over to foreign governments. These accusations have been made before and warrants for arrest have even been issued by foreign governments. We don’t honor them; and it’s a sad day if we ever start.

He may be guilty. But turning over an American to the Taliban and having him skinned and set on fire in the town square is something that our government better never be involved in.

Of course we now have a President that cares nothing about our troops; so I guess anything could happen.

Guest 6.8 AR

So if the story is true, we don't need to judge someone who murdered innocent civilians? It's just a fact of life? #### that. If he is guilty, give him his trial, then execute his sorry ass. Or toss him to the Afghans. They would ensure justice is done. Simple as that.

It's why we have a justice system. I sure wouldn't want to be tried by the court of public opinion, as

you don't seem to mind. That's part of what's wrong with this world. Internet experts know everything,

don't they? I'll leave it to the jury. Son, you don't have the right to judge anyone except yourself.

God and the Justice system are the only judges. You're at best an observer with an opinion.

Judging and having an opinion are quite a bit different.

Yes. He’s an American soldier in a war zone. He gets a fair trial the same as if he did this in the states. We don’t turn soldiers over to foreign governments. These accusations have been made before and warrants for arrest have even been issued by foreign governments. We don’t honor them; and it’s a sad day if we ever start.

He may be guilty. But turning over an American to the Taliban and having him skinned and set on fire in the town square is something that our government better never be involved in.

Of course we now have a President that cares nothing about our troops; so I guess anything could happen.

I care very much for our troops, but if he's killed women and children then he deserves to be skinned and burned alive.

How about we turn him over to the Afgans/Taliban when the Afgans/Taliban turn over the ones responsible for murdering the 6 UK soldiers to us?

Tit for tat.

Interesting stuff. We have heard a few more rumors than are being reported. I am going to guess we will be held at base for awhile.

Stay safe out there, Daniel.

I care very much for our troops, but if he's killed women and children then he deserves to be skinned and burned alive.

By that standard you'd want to kill every bomber pilot that's still alive from WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. Also a few from the gulf wars. Then there's artillerymen. I guess you'd be skinning and burining lts of people yourself.

Daniel, the info I have is Marine Wing Support Squadron 273. He's an MP. Coming out of Beaufort, SC. He sent a message to his Mom saying he was in Manas, on his way.

Most of the Marines go to Helmand.

I know Manas. It was very very cold back in December when we went through.

Edited by Daniel

By that standard you'd want to kill every bomber pilot that's still alive from WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. Also a few from the gulf wars. Then there's artillerymen. I guess you'd be skinning and burining lts of people yourself.

:shrug: What do you want from me? Sympathy?

God bless the engineers that have built our guided munitions and SUPER accurate artillery. At least the casualties are a mere fraction of a percent of what they used to be.

As a people, we have a lot answer for.

Comparing apples and hand grenades here. Collateral damage and the premeditated murder of civilians is very different.

• Like 1

God bless the engineers that have built our guided munitions and SUPER accurate artillery. At least the casualties are a mere fraction of a percent of what they used to be.

Do you really believe the crap coming out of your keyboard? If you didn't have so many posts here I would assume you were a troll just trying to stir up trouble.

Caster, Let me try to understand your logic chain. A horrible event happens where 16 Afghanis are killed. A US soldier turns him in. Your response based on no other information is:

I hate it. Give the guy to the Afghans for judgment which will be a swift execution and write him off.

Scum bag. Let him rot from a rope and low tree limb.

If they did that, I bet it would go a long way toward relations.

You would take an American soldier who was serving his fourth combat tour (I'm not sure, you may have served five) and judge him on nothing more than a news article. You don't know if there is PTSD, a physical brain injury, or any other stressor that caused this NCO to snap. You would be satisfied if he were handed over to Afghans, hung from a tree then skinned and burned alive (in the name of better relations with the Afghanis). Yes, it definitely sounds like you care very much for our troops.

Also, I did a quick but not exhaustive search and I was unable to find anywhere that you advocated for the Afghanis that killed US soldiers over the last couple of weeks due to the accidental koran burning to be turned over to the US and tortured to death for their crimes.

Not that I believe that innocent people should be intentionally targeted, but it irks me when people think war can be civilized. War will never be civilized, and until this nation recognizes that fact we won't win ANY modern war.

Funny. If we have to base all our opinions on the news we read and the fact that we are not getting the whole story, I wonder why anyone bothers to talk about it all.

AND, maybe I'm wrong because I'm not interested in giving anyone who killed women and children a fair shake. And I don't care. There is a difference between apathy and flat out not giving a crap. I've lived long enough that I'm comfortable in the fact that I don't give two wags of rats ass if my opinions rub against the grain of the masses. I sleep well at night, I don't need anything from anyone for the most part. I wish you well Major Kong. Carry on with your good fight :up:

Edited by Caster