Major %#@&*!@ Rant

Raoul

Somehow if the government teet could be cut off for the 2nd generation of welfare babies we could slowly cut the abuse. After all the gov. has fed, schooled, provided housing and basically raised them so why shouldn't they contribute to society?

Dreaming I know, how could the gov. come to that conclusion?

When the gov goes broke, we'll see where their priorities are. :(

Second generation???

We're easily on our 5th or better.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/wic/

I used the Pre-Screening Tool to see if I would be elegible. Based on my income, I would not.

Thanks for the clarification. I believe that has changed since I worked at a grocery store - back then we were told that basically any woman with a baby was eligible. Of course, that was more than twenty years ago.

Edited by JAB

Know how to starve an Obama supporter? Hide their EBT card under their work boots!

I broke my back (shattered the L-3 & L-4 ) on July 31st of '98 and couldn't drive a truck for a while. My (now EX) wife wanted to go on food stamps while I was off work. I basically told her that I'd sharpen the end of my freakin' cane and walk the highway ditches picking up beer cans for 10 hours a day before I'd accept food stamps.

Maybe I'm just too proud and stupid to accept help, but damn it, I've been down pretty low on several occasions in my life and always found a way to make out. And people who abuse the system just really piss me off. And now we've got a president and congress who WANT more than anything for EVERYONE to be dependent upon the freakin' government and it just blows everything I've ever believed clear out of the damn water.

The people should take care of the government, NOT the other way around. EVER!

:usa:

The people should take care of the government, NOT the other way around. EVER!

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." - Gerald Ford

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground." - Thomas Jefferson

Edited by OhShoot

This is the problem. No pride in anything. It's why American cars sucked during the 80's and it's why 50% of us are happy with EBT cards.

America and Americans should be proud. The dems want us to hide our pride and proclaim political correctness to be the norm. Now we celebrate diversity at the expense of our national identity. One world full of mindless worker bees dependent on the largesse of our rulers.

Screw that.

The dems want us to hide our pride and proclaim political correctness to be the norm.

Raoul, I agree with everything you say except this.

The Republicans are equally to blame and just as guilty of reducing America to a welfare, third world status.

Edited by Garufa

Ok here is the deal with the soft drinks. The lazy overweight hussies in the original post probably were not taking these beverages to Bristol. I rarely buy soft drinks but what do they run? About $7-7.50 a 24 pack? The EBT people willl come in and buy a basket full of cases of soft drinks. They then sell them for $4-5 a case CASH. Bingo, there is your liquor, beer, and cigarette money. This is a huge peeve of mine. I have zero issue with a service man or woman using EBT or WIC, I don't care if they are eating steak everyday. They deserve it, they should be eating like kings for the sacrifices that they make. I'm afraid that is not the norm though, it seems most people that are on the system abuse it.

It really ticks me off that I have never taken any assistance but I've had times when money was tight. I didn't buy meat because it is expensive. I killed what I could, bought a lot of rice and beans and ramen. I got by but I wasn't eating fancy stuff. Mean while gutter trash over there hasn't given the first thought to getting a job but they are eating shrimp and steaks on my dime, see anything wrong with this?

If it was as hard to get EBT as it was to get NFA items we would be in much better shape.

• Administrator

Major dick statement of the day, but I'm OK with making it... so here goes:

If we could get rid of the vast majority of government subsidized anything, an entire generation of dead-weight would either die off or start working and paying taxes.

I'm a firm believer that the government's job is not to be a charitable organization. Stop that and we have a chance of fixing this country. Fail to do so and the country will continue to go to hell in a handbasket.

If we could get rid of the vast majority of government subsidized anything, an entire generation of dead-weight would either die off or start working and paying taxes.

I'm a firm believer that the government's job is not to be a charitable organization. Stop that and we have a chance of fixing this country. Fail to do so and the country will continue to go to hell in a handbasket.

Amen! But there's far too much common sense involved with such a plan.

Guest A10thunderbolt

If you treat people right, nine times out of ten you will get help from them, if you REALLY NEED IT. Treat people in your life right, be it family or just co workers and I have yet to see someone truly in need go hungry or without a roof over their head.

I agree, but what is scary is the fact that around 17% of the US population is already on some sort of government assistance. These people will certainly not support eliminating it. Then you have the sympathizers who are not on assistance but think it is a good program. Sway a few fence sitters and the majority of the population thinks that assistance is a good idea. That scares the hell outta me because it's obvious to me that pride and work ethic are a thing of the past for the citizens of this country.

Guest 6.8 AR

If you treat people right, nine times out of ten you will get help from them, if you REALLY NEED IT. Treat people in your life right, be it family or just co workers and I have yet to see someone truly in need go hungry or without a roof over their head.

That's the thing about the Golden Rule. When people forget simple, profound things like it, and

substitute a welfare type of forced "Golden Rule", society loses its way. Government can't replace

human compassion. A guilt riddened, altruistic society never works. We're living it, now.

Utopia on the half shell.

Good luck solving this one anytime soon. With only 50% of Americans paying taxes, it just gets easier for the libs to put people on the dole. Why vote against the team giving you free food and housing?

Ok who is going to step up in congress and sponsor the law that requires you to contribute in order to vote. We need voting reform, I'm not talking the old gotta be white and own property but I've always thought it should be put something in to get something out.

You want to vote... show where you paid taxes and earned the right to decide the direction our society goes.

If you're dependent on the system you obviously are incapable of making good decisions for yourself so why should we let you decide our nations.