OC at the Chinese Buffet

D3vo

I was eating at a chinese buffet on the east side of Nashville. I had my CM9 in an IWB. I looked up from my sushi and there it was... The the tell tale sign of an HCP holder... The NRA ballcap.

My wife, an HCP holder, came back to the table and I explained the significance of the NRA ballcap. It was then they got up to leave and I saw what looked like a K frame S&W in a Rick (The Walking Dead) style holster. I was presently surprised no once else in the restaurant seemed to care. I thought to myself "Right On Dude!".

My experience has been that a full-size handgun in a decent holster is less likely to cause any reaction than a small handgun in an almost-hidden holster. I think that most folks assume that someone open-carrying a full-size handgun is law enforcement of some variety.

My experience has been that a full-size handgun in a decent holster is less likely to cause any reaction than a small handgun in an almost-hidden holster. I think that most folks assume that someone open-carrying a full-size handgun is law enforcement of some variety.

Yea. Kind of like thieves that steal stuff in "broad daylight". Look like you supposed to be doing something and nobody cares.

Good for him! My experience with OC has shown that most people don't care and don't notice.

TGO members make it a bigger issue than the vast majority of the population.

On the few occasions I've spotted someone open carrying, I've been surprised that other people don't seem to notice or care. That said, I still prefer to CC. Just less of a hassle. I would like to ad however, that people on gun forums always seem to make a huge deal about printing when my experience is that the general population doesn't notice it at all. I always look at people pretty closely when they've got a magpul IPhone cover, are wearing a paracord bracelet etc... and I've been able to spot the gun on more than one occasion. In the last few weeks at church I've spotted: (1) 1911 magazine carried weak side under a sweater when someone was getting up, and (2) different ankle holsters. I pointed out both of them to my wife who assured me no one but another person who carries regularly would notice.

I agree that most people never see a concealed weapon unless its just huge and printing (like spandex over a gun blatent printing). People carry a lot of crap around, phones, tools, gadgets. A lump in a pocket is just another lump. A blob on your clothes could be a phone, glasses case, or a dozen odd working man's tools, and more.

I also look to spot concealed weapons and even looking for them, I rarely see them. So far, I have seen less than 2 a year in general, not counting gun stores or shows. I have never, ever caught a woman, but its always fun to look.

Edited by Jonnin
  • Like 2

I've seen two guys in the past three days OCing, one in Walmart and the other at a Weigles. I've been carrying for about 3 years now and those were the first I have seen OCed (outside of a gunstore or range). I normally try to notice people around me and see if I can see them carrying.

Guest bluecanary25

When you OC in Chinese restaurant, nobody crowds you.

Much more easy to get General Tao's chicken. :woohoo:

I am often amazed at how sheeple do not observe their surroundings.

When my handgun is noticed, it is generally by children.