+1 for metro PD and Opry Mall

Wife and I made our way to the Opry Mall last night and as packed as it was there was plenty of officers on hand.

BUT! I was very pleased to see that both PD and Mall Security were stopping those with saggy pants and asking them to PULL THEM UP OR LEAVE!

We saw this not once but 3 time while walking around. Of course the persons they stopped gave the "mans holding me down" speech and as they passed us had some choice words for the officers but you could still see that they understood that PD was not going to take ANY crap and that the mall security has plans to keep this mall a family place where they can feel safe at unlike Rivergate,coolsprings, and I really wanted to tell those kids and few adults to just go back to Hickory Hollow!

• Like 4

I'm glad that someone has decided to maintain some standards! It's private property and they can mandate dresses and ties if they want!

I remind the kids of what low, baggy pants really means! In prison, those low pants without a belt are a sign that you are someone's 'bitch'. It provides easy access for the Master and whoever else he allows to ride his bitch. So, instead of showing that you are a mean, mother****, it just shows that you were somebody else's sexual toy in prison.

That usually gets them to pull up their pants.

• Like 2

The last time I was on that property it still had a few rollercoasters, and I actually rode them.

Long Live Opryland!

"Paved Paradise, and put up a Parking Lot."

Literally. They built the Mall over the old Opryland parking lot, and built the Mall's parking lot over Opryland.

Good to hear, Nashville is running out of "safe" places to shop. I know HH and Rivergate have decided to not allow us responsible citizens to protect ourselves on their premises. What is the carry situation at Opry Mills currently? It's been a while since I've been in there but I don't remember it being posted, not from the Bass Pro Shopps entrance anyway.

30+ years ago the mall of Memphis was a nice place to go. I was about 13 when my mom and I were walking around the ice rink when a 6 foot 2 black man dressed in drag grabbed my mom's crotch right in the middle of the mall. I was soo pissed and I started yelling at the freak and "it" started walking back at us when my mother pulled me away and we left the mall for the last time. Then the hickory ridge mall was the mall to go too until it started going down hill.

Every mall has a hey day and then a time in which the thugs take over. The last time I was at opry mills it was getting pretty trashy so if the mall wants to stay relevant they had better set an expectation otherwise it will go to crap.

Guest 6.8 AR

Don't know, but if they make the doofus kids pull up their britches, at least they are paying attention to something.

It's a positive sign. I wonder if they know what it means, other than the ones 1gewehr has educated?

Don't know, but if they make the doofus kids pull up their britches, at least they are paying attention to something.

It's a positive sign. I wonder if they know what it means, other than the ones 1gewehr has educated?

I have a feeling they don't... If they did, why would they do it? Just my .02 cents.
Guest sqlightning

i was there yesterday and saw no posting on the entrance by bass pro (they closed the entrance to the mall inside of bass pro btw)

Guest drwright6

I went today. I made a point to look several places and did NOT see any postings. It was pretty crowded, but it was very much a family crowd and everyone seemed to be getting along just fine. I enjoyed myself and picked up some fishing gear at the BPS and some chicken and rice at the food court :yum:

My wife and me were there last night and I didnt notice any gun buster signs anywhere. I tell you what , I sure was like a kid in the Lego store! WOW that Lego store is cool even if I am 39yrs old! I still have a Lego model of a helicopter that I made myself back in 1980 . But back to the topic , I looked and saw no gun buster signs.

Edited by tercel89
  • 1 month later...
Guest Matt Pavo

Not posted officially at any entrances I saw. The code of conduct has rule 6 prohibitting weapons of any kind, firearms, knifes, etc. It may be that management is trying to send a message to the gangbangers that they won't tolerate unlawful carry but at the same time let HCP holders know they don't mind concealed carry. Either way it's an out if something does happen then they can say in court "Well we posted no weapons." Overall, it was a nice experience, people were friendly and it's a far better environment than that found at Rivergate.