your thoughts on "American Guns"

ok so season 2 of American Guns started a few weeks back and I didnt know about it until two days ago. So, since I really liked season 1, I started catching up on season 2 episodes on On Demand. I gotta say, this so far this season is kind of a letdown, they are making some pretty silly stuff IMO. Where are all the custom 1911's and single action's that were made last season? In the newest episode they made a "Mortar Axe", I mean come on guys. I know its a tv show and its more than likely scripted, but I hate to see another gun store go down in a Red Jacket style hollywood blaze. I can only imagine some of the silly stuff that the next seasons will bring if they keep it up. Disappointed so far.

Edited by reed1285
  • Like 1

oh and another thing, on that same episode as the "mortar axe", Rich and his wife supposedly flew out to Nascar driver Regan Smiths home and sold him 7 guns (7 if i remember correctly) for $25,000. In this lot of seven guns was a Mossberg 30-30, a .22 rifle of some sort, a mossberg shotgun, and a .375 H&H mag. Im pretty sure those 4 of the 7 dont even make up $5,000. Unless a .375 H&H goes for alot more money than Im thinking it does. I dont really know what the other 3 guns were but they would have to be some collector grade Colts or something to make the lot of 7 go up to $25,000. sorry for the vent, it just irks me lol.

As with all things, over time they go to the extreme because the small vocal group wants them to. This and red jacket could be really good shows but ... the production and trying to turn them into summer action blockbuster movies with unnecessary explosions and builds that no one cares about because they think they're extreme, completely ruins both shows almost every episode.

My thoughts? They're a bunch of idiots with some of the worst scripting in reality tv. They make knowledgeable gun owners look stupid with their ridiculous carryings on, and they lead unknowledgeable people to believe the ridiculous things they carry on to be the lifestyle of every gun owner. They have NOT done the rest of us ANY favors.

• Like 2
Guest Victor9er

Well, I for one do not like the show and do not plan to watch it. Not all Gun Store owners are arrogant know-it-alls.

I'll watch the occasional episode but for the most part I agree with you. I really don't like the guy that runs the shop, something about him just comes across as.... sleezebag... for lack of a better word. Say what you want about Sons of Guns, but if it came down to having to pick someone to be in a foxhole with me I'd take Will any day of the week. I can't say the same for the American Guns guy.

Take it for what its worth....

And normal average people with an IQ higher than a hamster can distinguish it being a informative gun show and a scripted realityshow. It isnt the former..

It wont hurt the gun community..cause these shows have a propensity to disappear really fast and not leave a lasting mark on anyone...

My thoughts? They're a bunch of idiots with some of the worst scripting in reality tv. They make knowledgeable gun owners look stupid with their ridiculous carryings on, and they lead unknowledgeable people to believe the ridiculous things they carry on to be the lifestyle of every gun owner. They have NOT done the rest of us ANY favors.

Yup, my thoughts exactly. I was mildly interested when I found out they can and will machine their own parts, however the whole thing went down hill pretty fast.

In fairness it's hard too tell when/where reality stops and the producers script begins at times. I highly doubt the guy was flying in a helicopter to make sales or purchases before the network started picking up the tab. As I highly doubt someone actually paid $10,000 for a colt clone with a little bit of gold leaf and some minor engraving.

Anyone who knows is aware the real deal can be had for around the same, but the people producers are conveying the image too have no idea.

It also pissed me off finding out the daughter wasn't even legal yet.

As I highly doubt someone actually paid $10,000 for a colt clone with a little bit of gold leaf and some minor engraving.

people would pay good money to get on tv, and some of that junk on gunbroker gets absurdly over value when it comes down to something that someone wants bad.

Guest A10thunderbolt

Looks extremely ugly to me just like her mom.

You mean that jowly leather faced painted plastic person with the inflated lips and...... :puke:

I'm still scratching my bald head over the episode with the 1866 Yellow boy. $20,000 for a replica (I think it was an octagon barrel too!)? I have a second model just appraised at half that.

If you haven't noticed the format of these good shows, I will highlight it. Both Red Jacket and American Guns had good first seasons. Then they had to drama to both. Same thing with OCC Choppers, ok, there was always drama but seems the shows are now all about the drama and less about building bikes. I quit watching. There have been other shows, they get you to watch the first season and then they crash it in season 2. Like the Deadest Catch, do you really believe they are all competing like that with each other, Boats of different sizes are going to run different. sure they don't want another boat fishing where they are. Same with Ice Road Truckers, the dash for the cash and stuff. Gold Rush, season 2 and beyond will be more drama. I wonder if COAL will come back, or the moonshiner show. There with auction hunters with Allen and Ton, it was pretty good, even though you didn't believe it. There there was at least 2 or 3 knock offs, (storage wars, Storage hunters, or Auction hunters) Watch them and it is all drama, Hey I am going to run the bid up just to screw them with that locker. TV is really getting bad. They have 100's of channels that they have to fill up 24/7 and the Crap is getting in, Jersey Shore ( never watched it). Roll up your pant legs now.

None of those shows had a 17 year old tart putting it out there with her dumbass, rip-off artist father just standing by raking in the $$$'s

+1. Thank god she's legal now - I at least feel better now watching her...I mean the show ;)

Her dad is a royal douche - totally piping his customers.