Sigh.......

The Obama administration will stop deporting and begin giving

work permits to younger illegal immigrants who came to the U.S. as children and have since led law-abiding lives.

The election-year initiative addresses a top priority of a growing Latino electorate that has opposed administration deportation policies.

The administration's decision will affect as many as 800,000 immigrants.

Two senior administration officials described the plan on condition of anonymity ahead of its expected announcement Friday.

Illegal immigrants will avoid deportation and be eligible for work permits if they arrived in the U.S. before age 16, are younger than 30, have been in the country for at least five continuous years, have no criminal history,

graduated

from a U.S. high school or earned a GED, or served in the military

???????

WTF? how can they serve in the military if they where ilegaly here in the first place? or can graduate if they here ilegaly?

Edited by Dolomite`s Ball and Chain

No criminal history? They are here ILLEGALLY. I understand that they may not have had control over coming here in the first place but, as adults, they have remained here ILLEGALLY. How could someone who has potentially been breaking the law for nearly a decade and a half by simply remaining here (came here at 15 and is now 29) NOT have a criminal history? Their entire history in this country has been criminal!

Of course, it isn't just Obama and the Dems who pull this crap. Let's not forget the amnesty for illegals that took place under Reagan.

• Like 2

We just paid almost $5k between application and legal fees for my wife... maybe we should apply for a refund and tell them she has been here illegally for years so she gets a freebie

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2
Guest Lester Weevils

Oh yea fer sure this is olympic gold medal, world class pandering and vote-buying. Possibly world record pandering which may take decades to surpass.

But truth be told, old G. W. Bush would have done exactly the same thing if he thought he could have got away with it. So would Jeb. McCain might criticize it just because a democrat did it, but you know dang well that McCain would have gladly done the same thing if he figgered folks would stand for it. Romney will say bad things about it because a democrat did it, but I'll lay odds that Romney thinks it is the right thing to do as well.

All the libtards thought G.W. was incredibly right-wing, but G.W. lost approval over time because all the right wingers got disgusted for such as his amnesty positions. People to the left of center didn't like G.W. and the 30 percent over on the far right didn't like G.W. after they got to know him, so the only ones who approved was that narrow little 20 percent slightly to the right of center.

Exact same thing is happening to Obama. Nobody to the right of center likes him. The farthest left 30 percent think Obama is a conservative sellout (though they are just now getting brave enough to say so, for fear of being racists). So Obama only has that narrow little 20 percent slightly to the left of center.

But there is something about all those suckers, they all like to bring in as many ferriners as possible. Democrats to pump up the vote, and republicans to suppress the wage, most likely.

Now open borders are a standard part of the Libertarian platform as well, Has been for years because open borders are an entirely logical conclusion of Libertarian tenets. In an ideal world open borders are a great idea. In an ideal world free trade no tariffs anywhere are a great idea. So let me know when we get that ideal world. :)

Lots of the R and D leaders just think its the right thing to do. Maybe they are right. Can't quite agree with em at the moment. Not til we get that ideal world where it will make perfect sense.

Edited by Lester Weevils
Guest 6.8 AR

Oh yea fer sure this is olympic gold medal, world class pandering and vote-buying. Possibly world record pandering which may take decades to surpass.

But truth be told, old G. W. Bush would have done exactly the same thing if he thought he could have got away with it. So would Jeb. McCain might criticize it just because a democrat did it, but you know dang well that McCain would have gladly done the same thing if he figgered folks would stand for it. Romney will say bad things about it because a democrat did it, but I'll lay odds that Romney thinks it is the right thing to do as well.

All the libtards thought G.W. was incredibly right-wing, but G.W. lost approval over time because all the right wingers got disgusted for such as his amnesty positions. People to the left of center didn't like G.W. and the 30 percent over on the far right didn't like G.W. after they got to know him, so the only ones who approved was that narrow little 20 percent slightly to the right of center.

Exact same thing is happening to Obama. Nobody to the right of center likes him. The farthest left 30 percent think Obama is a conservative sellout (though they are just now getting brave enough to say so, for fear of being racists). So Obama only has that narrow little 20 percent slightly to the left of center.

But there is something about all those suckers, they all like to bring in as many ferriners as possible. Democrats to pump up the vote, and republicans to suppress the wage, most likely.

Now open borders are a standard part of the Libertarian platform as well, Has been for years because open borders are an entirely logical conclusion of Libertarian tenets. In an ideal world open borders are a great idea. In an ideal world free trade no tariffs anywhere are a great idea. So let me know when we get that ideal world. :)

Lots of the R and D leaders just think its the right thing to do. Maybe they are right. Can't quite agree with em at the moment. Not til we get that ideal world where it will make perfect sense.

Hey Lester,

GWB wouldn't have and he didn't because it is a violation of the Constitution and, at least some of GWB maintained respect

of it. At least he went through the correct political conduits to do what he was doing. Edicts like this are dangerous and ultimately

treasonous and should be treated as such. what Obama did today was once again, trash the Constitution. It is an impeachable offense

to subvert the laws he swore to uphold.

Guest Lester Weevils

Hi 6.8

I made no claim that Obama's action is desirable or constitutional. But I stand by my contention that G.W., Jeb, McCain and Romney, every single one of them would do the same thing if they thought they could get away with it, and they honestly believe in their hearts that it is the right thing to do.

• Moderators

(BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA, MARCH 2011) -"With respect to the notion that I can just suspend deportations through executive order, that’s just not the case, because there are laws on the books that Congress has passed — we’ve got three branches of government....

Congress passes the law. The executive branch’s job is to enforce and implement those laws. And then the judiciary has to interpret the laws."

Guest Lester Weevils

As a non citizen this upsets me..cause I am here legaly....

And I get more red tape for trying to do it the legal and right way...and I dont get #### handed to me ...

Agreed it would be maddening for people doing it the right way.

I am ignorant and never studied modern procedures regarding foreign spouses of USA citizens. Have read that nowadays there is a lot of red tape and delay.

Was under the impression that in the past, foreign spouses of USA citizens were basically "automatic shoo-ins"? Do you know when it started becoming a bureaucratic nightmare? I realize that there is occasional fraud with international marriages but it "just doesn't seem right" to make the procedure a big expensive hassle on citizens. Of course the gov is very talented at making big expensive hassles. Except for criminals who ignore the law, apparently.

I watched part of Prez. Candyass giving his speech today, and I saw how he got upset with the reporter asking him questions.

Just remember, you can expect much worse if Candyass gets in another four years. "We can't wait for Congress to do its job, so where they won't act, I will."

• Like 1

We just paid almost $5k between application and legal fees for my wife... maybe we should apply for a refund and tell them she has been here illegally for years so she gets a freebie

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

As a non citizen this upsets me..cause I am here legaly....

And I get more red tape for trying to do it the legal and right way...and I dont get #### handed to me ...

My wife and I got married in Manaus, Brazil in 2003 and applied for her residency a few days later. In April of 2004 we had to go to the US Consulate in Rio for her final interview where she was granted Conditional Residency. After she was here for two years we had to go to Memphis to have the conditional status removed. We are currently in the final stages of getting her US Citizenship.

Nothing has been handed to us and it has at times been a very difficult process. So far we have been very blessed because most of the time everything has gone smoothly and quickly. When I hear what other people have had to go through it makes me very thankful.

By the time it's all said and done we'll easily have 10k in this.

Any time I hear any thing about amnesty for Illegal Aliens I start to see red.

I hate the term Illegal Immigrants.

To answer one question....

I dont think it was ever the case if you get married to a u s citizen, that you automatically became a citizen your self....

I know that the waiting period is 5 years to become one..if spouse is military

, then its 3 years...

Only time you are an automatic citizen if you are born here..all others have to apply and take a test..

The biggest problem is going to prove they have not been here for 5 years, after all they have been in hiding. Illegal immigrants are going to run across the border on Monday, go to the immigration office on Tuesday and claim they have been here for 5 years.

I wish along with this they are going remove all the free healthcare, food assistance and housing assistance when they do get permission to work. But I suspect they will be entitled to more because they are not American citizens.

If social security had any hope of lasting to the retirement age of most of us, it is gone now.

And finally, with all the American citizens out of work Obama just opened the flood gates for cheap labor. This will ensure those American citizens wanting and willing to work are not going to find work. And it is those citizens who are going to loose everything they own while immigrants are handed everything.

We have just jumped on the expressway to becoming a third world country with no exit ramps in sight.

Dolomite

Work permits are not citizenship. Maybe the Feds want them to register so they know where to go pick them up after Obama is gone so they can deport them.

Obama has done everything he can do to destroy this country. And I doubt we have seen anything compared to what he will do in the next four years. People are desperate and will vote for anyone promising a handout. We created this through our greed and it will be our downfall.

Obama’s policy strategy: Ignore laws

Rather than pushing new laws through a divided Congress to enact his agenda, Obama is relying on federal agencies to ignore, or at least not defend, laws that some of his important supporters –like Hispanic voters and the gay community — don’t like.

“If the president says we’re not going to enforce the law, there’s really nothing anyone can do about it,†University of Pennsylvania constitutional law professor Kermit Roosevelt said. “It’s clearly a political calculation.â€

http://www.politico....0612/77486.html