Obama: ‘AK-47s Belong in the Hands of Soldiers, Not in the Hands of Criminals’

He continued, “I believe the majority of gun owners would agree we should do everything possible to prevent criminals and fugitives from purchasing weapons, and we should check someone’s criminal record before they can check out a gun seller, that a mentally unbalanced individual should not be able to get his hands on a gun so easily.â€

You mean like a Tennessee court suspending someones HCP, saying they are a potential danger and then the BATF giving them an FFL…. that easy?

Edited by DaveTN

And what exactly is wrong with that????

Well it's already against the law for criminals to have an AK-47, so what else could possibly be done, other than to outlaw them all together. Is that what he is proposing? He mentioned getting them off the streets. Usually, that is political speak for banning them. They have already tried an assault rifle ban that failed miserably, since the manufacturer's already had it worked out on how to market their weapons legally. He is on the record already, that he wants to re-instate that. I don't think we want to go back to such an era.

Personally, I hope he (Obama) goes all out with the gun ban push for this election. I figure it will almost assure a Romney victory.

Guest vca2004

Well it's already against the law for criminals to have an AK-47, so what else could possibly be done, other than to outlaw them all together. Is that what he is proposing?

Well, is it?

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Obama much either, but maybe he's just proposing tougher checks. Sorry to disappoint, but it's not all black and white. And may I remind you that Romney was all for an assault weapons ban?

So both don't really have a great record against gun control here.

He is for a new assault weapons ban. That's what his press secretary says. As for tougher checks, how are is that possible? You either are a criminal and are in a database or your not a criminal. AS for the nut cases out there, HIPPA laws already preclude a Dr. of medical organization from giving out patient information. In order for that information to be checked, you have to re-write the HIPPA law. Also, just because you are seeing a psychiatrist, it shouldn't preclude you from buying a firearm. Now if that psychiatrist deems you a danger to yourself and others, that would be different.

My question to you is, do you think the Federal Government should ban "Assault Rifles" and magazines over 10 rounds? Should it be illegal to stockpile ammunition? Is so, what is the cut off?

Guest vca2004

My question to you is, do you think the Federal Government should ban "Assault Rifles" and magazines over 10 rounds? Should it be illegal to stockpile ammunition? Is so, what is the cut off?

I am not for a ban of certain firearms, not for a max on stockpile ammo. As much as it will piss off people around here, I do think private sales could be regulated better. For one, private sellers could be required to go to let's say a gun shop and have the buyers background checked out at the buyers cost plus a small fee for the LGS for their troubles.

I am not for a ban of certain firearms, not for a max on stockpile ammo. As much as it will piss off people around here, I do think private sales could be regulated better. For one, private sellers could be required to go to let's say a gun shop and have the buyers background checked out at the buyers cost plus a small fee for the LGS for their troubles.

I, and this is my opinion, and I don't profess to speak for others; do not wish to have my ability to sell my own personal property without the approval of the state or federal government removed.

• Like 1

You mean like a Tennessee court suspending someones HCP, saying they are a potential danger and then the BATF giving them an FFL…. that easy?

Obama doesn't yet realize that he has a few hundred thousand of the dumbest sumbitches on the planet at his fingertips. He wants to add a lot more, so he can "fix" everything else.

I, and this is my opinion, and I don't profess to speak for others; do not wish to have my ability to sell my own personal property without the approval of the state or federal government removed.

Thank you.

vca2004, do you really want more government intrusion and private property rights infringement than we already have?

He is for a new assault weapons ban. That's what his press secretary says. As for tougher checks, how are is that possible? You either are a criminal and are in a database or your not a criminal. AS for the nut cases out there, HIPPA laws already preclude a Dr. of medical organization from giving out patient information. In order for that information to be checked, you have to re-write the HIPPA law. Also, just because you are seeing a psychiatrist, it shouldn't preclude you from buying a firearm. Now if that psychiatrist deems you a danger to yourself and others, that would be different.

You would think our Commie in Chief would know that. He wants to ban guns, plain and simple. I hope it just does him in.

Guest 6.8 AR

All you are doing is adding a level of taxation. How many checks have stopped criminals? If you threw out every

single firearms related law on the books, except felon related laws, you wouldn't change the statistics one way or

another. The only thing the machine gun law from 1934 all the way up to present have only cost society taxation

and have probably cost more good law abiding citizens their lives than saved them.

Guest vca2004

vca2004, do you really want more government intrusion and private property rights infringement than we already have?

Are you really that paranoid??? I guess that's why all of Europe is under communist-dictatorship, because nobody can buy and sell all the guns they want to their hearts desire.

Are you really that paranoid??? I guess that's why all of Europe is under communist-dictatorship, because nobody can buy and sell all the guns they want to their hearts desire.

Wow. I wish I had time to watch this one, but I gotta go trim some brass for my new assault rifle. Not to worry, I didn't get it through the gun show loophole. It doesn't even have a bayonet lug.

:popcorn:

I wish they would lift the 1986 ban and alow for new manufacture of MG's I can understand the need to keep them as "NFA" items alot more than sbr's and sbs's etc. but atleast then the Prices on them would be reasonable and you could get new stuff like mp5's etc. as long as the ATF aproves you.

20,000.00 or more for an old vietnam era M16 is ridiculous.

The MG Ban has made it impossible for averege americans to own one . if you want to buy an MG you must be a federal Agent / Police Officer , Or you Must be Rich , or buy one illegally off the street for dirt cheap but only criminals do that .

So if your not "A Cop" , "Rich" , Or "A Criminal" you cant have one

Now how is that fair the only folks who cant have one are middle and low class law abiding citizens .

Sorry for my Rant

And yes I know I dont "need" one . I dont need alot of things but would still like to have one .

Edited by plank white

From your intro post...

I am getting ready to get my CCP. Got a wakeup call a few weeks ago, when we had a couple of home invasions where the women got raped while the husband was tied up having to listen/watch. Figured that was too close to home and that that was NOT going to be me! And since stuff like this can happen anywhere, anytime, I decided that I need to carry at all times (except while AT work).

So I got the book "The Cornered Cat", bought a Sig P250 .45 Subcompact and whatever gear necessary and started shooting at the Guns and Leather range. Only been a few times so far but I'm doing pretty good for a complete newbie and will take the CCP course soon. After that I won't stop learning, but train more, take some tactical courses and maybe learn some Krav Maga (or similar) to have a better chance of survival when I can't carry or got surprised somehow.

Sounds kind of paranoid when I write it like that :squint:, but I'm sure you guys will understand, which is another reason the forum is nice - to have others that understand why you feel the need to carry."

Sounds like you're GTG on mindset (although, there are many that would call you, GASP, paranoid), but I would counter your question to me about political/government paranoia with "Are you really that naive and ignorant about individual rights and the constant government intrusion of them?"

I know, I know, I shouldn't be so "paranoid." It's not like I won't be able to get a big soda in NY or anything...

I've worked for the government since I was 19, read a little history, and watch some current events.

I don't have a tinfoil hat, but I don't think that I'm paranoid, either.

Respectfully.

Edited by TN-popo
Guest vca2004

Ouch, hit a nerve there :drama: . Glad I could do that for you.

And yes, lots of posts here confirm that there sure are a lot of government-paranoid gunowners. Good for you , too that you are the only one who reads history :up:

Anybody else would like to recite my introduction post to show nothing or would like to make a funny joke about my cute doggy picture? Go ahead, I am all game :rofl: .

Guest 6.8 AR

I wish they would lift the 1986 ban and alow for new manufacture of MG's I can understand the need to keep them as "NFA" items alot more than sbr's and sbs's etc. but atleast then the Prices on them would be reasonable and you could get new stuff like mp5's etc. as long as the ATF aproves you.

20,000.00 or more for an old vietnam era M16 is ridiculous.

The MG Ban has made it impossible for averege americans to own one . if you want to buy an MG you must be a federal Agent / Police Officer , Or you Must be Rich , or buy one illegally off the street for dirt cheap but only criminals do that .

So if your not "A Cop" , "Rich" , Or "A Criminal" you cant have one

Now how is that fair the only folks who cant have one are middle and low class law abiding citizens .

Sorry for my Rant

And yes I know I dont "need" one . I dont need alot of things but would still like to have one .

The 1986 ban is the problem and I agree with you, except the National Firearms Registry and the ATF

serve no real purpose except to keep firearms out of our hands by dark means. If they can't outright

prohibit, they will make them so expensive and limited so you want be able to afford them. If anyone

can show that the NFA has done anything other than that, please tell me.

Guest 6.8 AR

Comparing Europe to America is like comparing boiling water to ice. There was a time when Americans valued freedom

and the other things(life and the pursuit of happiness) more than anything. Some of us still feel that way. That's why we

still have an old parchment to that effect, even if some politicians wipe their asses with it. Some of us may even have to

show our resolve on the topic, although I sincerely hope that doesn't have to happen. It's also sometimes a reason some

people end up in this country. Immigrants like the freedom. I hope you do, too.

BTW, cool dog :D