Petition to stop magazine ban: SIGN IT ASAP!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DaddyO, I'll bet you dollars to donuts that there were people thinking that same thing in '94 when the "Assault weapons" ban went into effect. It is never a bad idea to let your elected officials know what you think about issue important to you. You know your opponents are.

DaddyO, I'll bet you dollars to donuts that there were people thinking that same thing in '94 when the "Assault weapons" ban went into effect. It is never a bad idea to let your elected officials know what you think about issue important to you. You know your opponents are.

Probably so, but this really doesn't have much chance of passing, does it?

I'd like to agree that it has little to no chance of passing. However, politicians have been known to wilt in the face of pressure before. All it would take is complacency on our part. If they don't hear from us in as many numbers as they are hearing from the other side, who knows what they'll do?

Guest BungieCord

In 1994, the Bolsheviks held 57 seats in the senate and 258 in the house. All they needed was 50 (with a Bolshevik VEEP) and 218 to hold their respective majorities. Yet Klinton's AWB only passed in the house by 216 to 214, so not even all the Dims voted for it.

Today, there are 241 Republicans and 191 Bolsheviks in the house. You do the math.

• Administrator

Sorry, I'm just skeptical of "sky is falling" emails and forum posts.

Don't feel like having my chain yanked today.

Sadly I agree. I've yet to see anything productive come of these types of petitions. If you really want your voice to be heard, vote some of these f'ers out of office.

I do not think a magazine ban stands a chance on it's own, but attached to something else like this cybersecurity bill it may just sneak through. The dems voted for and Obama signed that credit card bill even though it had the national park carry amendment attached to it. That would have never passed if it wasn't attached to something they wanted. So a few minutes of your time for just incase isn't going to kill you.

ETA- This doesn't appear to be a petition. It looks like a form letter that will be sent to our senators with your name on it.

Edited by Superman

Our Reps and Senators will do whatever their corporate sponsors tell them to do. Paperwork like this will just end up being shredded by a high school aged staffer. Petitions and letters have stopped being of any effect for some time now. The Rep or Senator will follow the party line without deviation out of concern for public needs or wants.

Sadly I agree. I've yet to see anything productive come of these types of petitions. If you really want your voice to be heard, vote some of these f'ers out of office.

Every little bit helps. :up:

I won't sit back and do nothing until it is time to vote. I'll do both! It can't do any harm, but it can do some good. :usa:

:2cents:

99 times out of 100 these petitions are nothing more than data mines for spam companies and marketers.

Your best bet is to CALL and directly EMAIL or snail mail your concerns, a petition is a paper clipped stack of names, but individual emails and letters take up alot of space in the mail room, those get noticed far more often than these online petitions do.

Another thing you can do is start showing up to your town hall meetings and all open door meetings of the state legislature.

Half the country will wait in line for hours to eat sh***y, over-priced chicken, in support of the anti-gay agenda, but the second amendment supporters pass around a silly petitions and whine on internet forums. This is why guns and accessories get banned.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2