Rock River Arms heartburn...

Cause it's worth more than a flip up rear sight to us to have a happy customer, than a mad one. Word of mouth is far stronger than most people give it credit.

That's why you guys continue to thrive. It amazes me when some folks don't get it. It's certainly not a secret.

I would argue back that if you had ordered anything else in the world, it would be the same thing. Say you ordered the model 1000 toaster but GE stops making it and now has the new and improved (more plastic, less metal) 1001 model. So they send you that instead explaining that the model 1000 is no longer made. You can return it or keep it, but that is how it is. Guns are nothing special and most companies will do this if they update a model and stop producing the old version. Often the new model is less good, sometimes its better, that all varies, but I would not say they did something "wrong" or different from most other places. I think something like this happens to me about every third time I order a computer part -- they ran out of the cheap part I was going to buy because it was cheap (because it was slated to be replaced...) and send me the latest one instead. It happens....

You have every right to be mad, and to return them, that is not what I am saying. I am just saying they have not done anything that is not pretty common practice in most other industries, and from the sound of it, they did their best to give you something that is of equal quality (though perhaps not equal value).

Guest Aces&8s

The thing that I just do not understand is that, as the OP himself has said, if they had just notified him and given him the option to accept the black BCG or continue to hold for the chrome, he would have been fine with it. Surely they have his email address. And as someone else pointed out, the OP was more than likely not the only customer this happened to, so send out a mass email letting people know the situation, and 9 out of 10 people would be understanding. Toss in another mag, or ballcap, t-shirt, whatever, and keep the good vibes flowing.

Don't they realize than gun guys are worse (better?) than bored housewives when it comes to letting others know when they've been screwed?

The communication from RRA is what was missing. Living in the Information Age, it is easy to communicate with a customer that orders a product online. A few weeks ago, I ordered some AR parts (black). The next day, the company emailed me saying that the black color was backordered. I could (1) get a refund (2) wait for who knows how long to get the black parts, or (3) choose another color. I appreciated the communication and selected another color (tan). RRA should have communicated the difference in the bolt and offered a choice instead of just saying 'here it is... deal with it.' especially after you wait for so long and pay shipping / transfer fees.

BTW, nice rifles. Another bolt is never a bad thing to have around, and you could always drop a chrome one in there if it bugs ya. I don't think it's right, but I would probably just enjoy the rifles at this point. Thanks for the warning, I will not order from there.

Edited by Batman

Truth. I'll probably buy from them again, knowing in advance that they'll most likely piss me off. I'm a big fan of the half quad and their operator stocks.

I bought mine from JoeBob when RRA put out their "winter special" 16" middies, and got what I ordered delivered on time. He's running another special right now on RRA ARs that are mighty attractive price-wise with the TGO 5% discount. If I had time to shoot the first one enough, I'd consider getting another. The RRA 2 stage NM trigger is niiiiiiiiice.

• Like 1
Guest Wildogre

I have worked customer service for years. Whenever I run across a case like this I send something.

Normally additional accessories which we purchase by pallet load. The customer may or may not be aware of that.

He thought he was getting $50 bucks of stuff since that is the price that he saw in his local store but it cost us in this last case $12. Customer wanted $35. I sent him half of what he wanted at our cost, he got almost twice what he wanted at his cost. Win win.

If I was working for them you would have gotten $50 of stuff at the website price.

I immediately contacted RRA, and they refuse to take any action to rectify this situation. Merely stating that they reserve the right to change specs and pricing with out notice on all future and current orders.

Looks like they reserve the right to change specs but refuse to change pricing. Being a little hard headed i would have sent them back.

Last two RRA rifles I had the gas key on both looked like it had been "staked..." with a noodle. An acquaintance of mines started having bad issues after about 100 rounds and his gas key could be wobbled from where the screws had backed out. I am pretty fond of their NM trigger but they can keep the rest. Way too many makers that are cheaper and put out quality products with customer service to even consider them.

Guest FordMan

They should have at least notified you of the change. Notifying their customers ahead of time would have went a long way in reducing all the headaches I'm sure they have now.

I agree that their handling of the situation was not professional. They should have sent an email to all customers who had a pending order to explain the situation and give them an option to cancel the order.

I for one am very tired of lousy customer service from firearms manufacturers. DS Arms was absolutely the worst experience I have ever had, so between that saga and this response from RRA, there are now two companies I won't buy from. I have had some pretty sub-par service from Spikes Tactical, so I am really hesitant to buy from them again as well. There are simply too many decent quality AR manufacturers out there to put up with crappy and dishonest service.