"Breaking Bad"

• Moderators
Finally got to watch the episode. Todd doesn't surprise me, he always was a psychopath. That was settled when he killed the kid. The subdued slow burning intensity of the last couple of episodes ism building up to one hell of an explosive ending. I am both anxiously awaiting the finale and dreading it.
  • Like 1
Guest TankerHC

Finally got to watch this episode. Totally unimpressed. The writing for this episode was completely boring. Todd killing the girl is nothing, so many characters in this series have been killed off, that killing off a minor character is "just one more". We already knew Walt was going to have to hide out, did it take 3/4th's of an episode to show how he does it? 

Elliot Schwartz and Walt already showed they have no love for each other in season 1 or 2. Nothing special there either. 

Walt became Heisenberg in the Desert. Killed a lot of people. Putting on the hat and getting pizzed is no surprise.

Walt Jr was already super PO'd about Hank. Is anyone surprised that he turned on Walt?

If this is supposed to be the calm before the storm, they wasted 70 minutes. Hank has Ricin, he also has an M60. (Now at least we know where the hair came from). If this turns out to be another "Scarface" in the end, someone has already done that.

I would rather see Walt just die of Cancer, being dead will pretty much negate any problems with Skyler and Walt Jr. Skylers sister has made it clear she wont turn on her.

Considering that every single interview they give pre episode turns out to be exactly the opposite of what really happens (A good move keeping the episodes secret), and the writers have been pretty creative up to this point. (There was nothing creative about this episode, it was a setup) and I have seen Bryan Cranston say 3 different times that Walt was going out with a bang. I predict exactly the opposite will happen. He may get shot up but I don't see these writers plagiarizing scarface or Walt taking out a bunch of people.

I prefer the Drama over something as easy as having Walt drive to his enemies and open fire with an M60. Thats not the drama this series has been about, and its a cheap way out. It wasnt the fact that Hank got shot for example, it was the dialogue while he was laying on the ground before he got shot.

Maybe they will just fade to black like my other favorite series and pizz everyone off. 

I think he frees Jesse, kills anyone who's a threat to his family (i.e. poisons Lydia and shoots Todd and his peeps), and finds a way to leave Skyler and the kids the 7 barrels of cash from the  white supremacists. Jesse can't see him get off without punishment, so he shoots him.

This is pretty much the way I see it playing out. But I would love for a big surprise.

• Like 1
Guest Lester Weevils

I hope Badger and Skinny Pete are involved.

In the talking bad show, the actor who played badger said that the writer explained how to play Badger-- "The only stuff in Badger's head is boobs and bong residue." That was pretty funny.

I was just reminiscing today with someone about the episode where Walt and Jesse are stealing some methylamine from the warehouse. Hank kept showing the video footage over and over of them wrestling that big drum around and Hank's laughing about how many hand trucks they went past and what a couple of idiots they looked like.

Finally got to watch this episode. Totally unimpressed. The writing for this episode was completely boring. Todd killing the girl is nothing, so many characters in this series have been killed off, that killing off a minor character is "just one more". We already knew Walt was going to have to hide out, did it take 3/4th's of an episode to show how he does it? 

Has all the violence and conflict left you in a "granite state"?

• Like 1
Guest TankerHC

This article provides a little insight into the bar scene at the end of the last episode.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/breaking-bad-made-dying-boy-wish-come-true-153505871.html

Very interesting. Something else going on here. Season 2, Gretchen was Walts lab assistant. Walt and Gretchen were doing research to find out the exact makeup to the human body. "When their total falls .11958% short, Gretchen posits the possibility of a soul". (Copied) Gretchen didnt cheat Walt, he Walked away from her and his research without explanation when Elliot came on board.. They asked him to come on board and he refused. Elliot had moved in. So was Walt in love with Gretchen? Reason why he walked away from his research and millions?

I think Walt really did love Gretchen but his self-esteem wouldn't let him move forward with anything.  Hence his transformation to Heisenberg.  Heisenberg would have married Gretchen, stood up to Mike a lot sooner, ran Grey Matter etc

Guest Riciticky

Well folks, I was sorely dissappointed in the last episode. I know I am a late comer but I have been busy. After watching the episode before this one, it was like coming down off a buzz. I am gonna really be pissed if the final episode turns out like the last one. It was like watching an episode of the world series and then watching an episode of t-ball.  What a let down. JMO

It was OK. Not the best episode but wrapped it up well which is more than many series manage to do.

I still want to know what the deal at gray matter was but I guess that was never supposed to be meaningful or we were just meant to read between the lines.

I think it's great where we're getting to a place where

1)Shows have a definite arc and story to tell from point A to point Z.

2)They are actually allowed to get there without being cancelled.

We are also watching 4400 at the moment and it was disappointing to hear that it was cancelled after season 4. I almost stopped watching when I heard. I think DVD sales are starting to encourage the studios to bring things to a proper end.

Edited by tnguy
I agree - the last show was satisfying in that they wrapped everything up, but it did seem pretty predictable without any real trademark breaking bad twists/surprises.

It was nice seeing skinny Pete and badger one last time

All in all a terrific series with writing that makes it a true literary classic