I had to show off my new Hero 1911.

Guest Skyline034

Guest Skyline034

I am amazed at the fit and finish. Jeff and Scott made everything so easy and the customer service is was top tier! Now I'll have to get another....Great!aee44556-8603-f925.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Skyline034

They are a Custom maker and retail gun and gear shop out of Winchester, Tn. Top notch parts and personal attention goes into every pistol that comes out of there, not to mention the very good customer service. I drive over an hour from Nashville to Hero Gear, it's my favorite shop and I have always felt welcomed.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Skyline034

Yeah they do have different caliber choices. Contact Jeffm@hero-gear.com, he can give you the run down on everything. The 1911 is sitting at 1200 trouble free rounds so far, needless to say I'm happy with the purchase.

• 2 months later...
Guest NashVegasKid

I ordered mine on December 8 - it should be ready by Christmas.  I own various well-known custom name brand 1911s and am expecting this Hero-1911 to be as good or better.

For those of you who know Luke Volkmann (Volkmann Precision) and his custom 1911s, I'm counting on Jeff Meister being the Tennessee version of Luke.  Get yours now ... the demand for Hero-1911s is going to increase as more and more enthusiasts learn about Jeff Meister.

Disclosure:  I don't work for Hero Gear and have only been to their shop once to place my order; no hidden agenda.

• Admin Team

There are some great 1911 makers out there, and the Hero 1911 will shoot with the best of them.  I will argue that you will not find better customer service from any of them.  Jeff is absolutely top notch.  He will go above and beyond to make sure you get exactly the pistol you want.

And, you're supporting a Tennessee business. 

Guest TankerHC

I love 1911's, have been shooting them for over 40 years and carrying them. THAT, other than some I saw on a visit to the NRA Museum, is the most beautiful 1911 I have seen. Man that is nice. Only the word WOW comes to mind. Im not sure if I owned it I could even shoot it. Things is way too nice. Its not that its blinged out or anything, it just appears that everything is perfect and in its place on the gun. Again, WOW!! lucky you.

Had to edit this: I know what gives it that WOW factor to me, it looks like the most geometrically perfect 1911 I have ever seen. I WANT ONE.

Mind if I post this pic on my forum?

Edited by TankerHC
Guest NashVegasKid

I ordered mine on December 8 - it should be ready by Christmas.  I own various well-known custom name brand 1911s and am expecting this Hero-1911 to be as good or better.

For those of you who know Luke Volkmann (Volkmann Precision) and his custom 1911s, I'm counting on Jeff Meister being the Tennessee version of Luke.  Get yours now ... the demand for Hero-1911s is going to increase as more and more enthusiasts learn about Jeff Meister.

Disclosure:  I don't work for Hero Gear and have only been to their shop once to place my order; no hidden agenda.

Amazingly, I picked mine up today.  Jeff told me that I got lucky on the timing and that he was able to build it in a week due to having the slide and frame already on hand.  Oh my, this gun is incredibly beautiful, can't wait to shoot it.

Guest NashVegasKid

I got to shoot my Hero-1911 today and  ... oh my gosh is it sweet. Incredibly smooth, amazingly accurate ... I can't wait to put some more rounds through it.