Mob attacks U.S. Consulate in Benghazi; Embasy in Egypt

I like it when our extremists fire up their extremists. No. No, I really do not. Seems the CIA dropped the ball, as where was the early alert something was going to happen?

Even if there were, it appears Obama doesn't like to go to his daily security briefings. Must be too busy

campaigning, or likes the outcome and doesn't feel the need to bother with mundane stuff like national

security.

Whatever his reason for sending that message to Putin to be patient until after the elections so Obama

will have more "flexibility" only makes me more suspicious. I even wonder if the mic was left on intentionally.

He get's off by slapping the American people around.

• Moderators
Even if there were, it appears Obama doesn't like to go to his daily security briefings. Must be too busy

campaigning, or likes the outcome and doesn't feel the need to bother with mundane stuff like national

security.

He is about as useful as tits on a boarhog ain't he?

Guest The Dude

Al-Qaeda is run by our alphabet feds and the british and has been for some time. they used them to overthrow Gaddafi, and now in Syria. The CFR is praisng their "efforts" and NATO has supplied them since the Syrian garbage started. sounds like a staged deal overall IMO.

If I am getting it from the news correctly our Ambassador did not have US Marine protection and he was working out of a neighborhood house (Forgive me-Consulate Compound). If true, evidently our military might was left out of the equation and some brave Americans payed the ulitmate sacrifice for it. This is insane!

• Moderators

You know, after my initial OMGWTFBBQ moment and got over my feelings of "how dare they!" I find myself having a hard time working up any anger. You've heard the term "blowback" by now I am sure. Well this is it. We have no business meddling in the internal affairs of other nations. Maybe if we didn't spend so much time bombing folks and overthrowing their governments, our ambassadors might be in a little less danger.

• Like 1

Maybe if we didn't spend so much time bombing folks and overthrowing their governments, our ambassadors might be in a little less danger.

Maybe we should just invite them all over for dinner and apologize for being ####ing awesome?

One hypothesis is Israel needs help from U.S. dealing with Iran. The Americans 'Achilles heel' is we are always willing to seek vengeance against anyone at any cost if we feel a great injustice has occurred. Israel seeks to exploit Muslims weakness in riot/violence/overact and Americans tendency to be the big brother

If I am getting it from the news correctly our Ambassador did not have US Marine protection and he was working out of a neighborhood house (Forgive me-Consulate Compound). If true, evidently our military might was left out of the equation and some brave Americans payed the ulitmate sacrifice for it. This is insane!

The ambassador might have been a spy. You can't go spying with a battalion of jarheads tagging along. Isn't the main consulate in Tripoli?

You know, after my initial OMGWTFBBQ moment and got over my feelings of "how dare they!" I find myself having a hard time working up any anger. You've heard the term "blowback" by now I am sure. Well this is it. We have no business meddling in the internal affairs of other nations. Maybe if we didn't spend so much time bombing folks and overthrowing their governments, our ambassadors might be in a little less danger.

I always feel like you are feeling now. Invade, blow sh#t up, topple a govt and then expect to be welcomed. Leave those ignorant f#ckers alone over there.

FREEDOMS ON THE MARCH!

The Ambassador travels sometimes. It's kinda in the job description. He had a security detail with him. I'm assuming that contract is under review since they failed miserably at their primary purpose. I know, I know. I wasn't there blah, blah. I know that there is no excuse for that detail to be separated from their cargo and still be alive. From the White House releases it appears that is exactly what happened during the initial attack that resulted in his death.

Also, the "neighborhood house" was not some kind of a super secret safe house. Everyone knows it's a consulate building. Its location means nothing, nor does its lack of state of the art defenses and security systems. We can't go dumping tens of millions of dollars into every State Dept building around the world, especially in places that may not be occupied for an extended period of time.

The ambassador might have been a spy. You can't go spying with a battalion of jarheads tagging along. Isn't the main consulate in Tripoli?

That's not how it works either. There are people with actual training who get paid far less to do that stuff. It would be pretty high profile for a spy's cover to be Ambassador. Would make it hard for him to do business.

Edited by TMF

I woke up this morning to find out the embassy in Yemen had been violated, another flag torn down. Really? Where are the host nation security forces? Why are Marines being ordered not to take down and protect our national colors? Why are we allowing mobs to get past what should be a major tripwire in our self defense of sovereign soil, the wall. Embassies do not have them for show but they are worthless if no one defends them.

A body count will fan the fires however there is a point where force must be applied in our defense. We have lost an ambassador. I am shamed by what the world now sees as our inability to protect ourselves at what are some very secure facilities.

I woke up this morning to find out the embassy in Yemen had been violated, another flag torn down. Really? Where are the host nation security forces? Why are Marines being ordered not to take down and protect our national colors? Why are we allowing mobs to get past what should be a major tripwire in our self defense of sovereign soil, the wall. Embassies do not have them for show but they are worthless if no one defends them.

A body count will fan the fires however there is a point where force must be applied in our defense. We have lost an ambassador. I am shamed by what the world now sees as our inability to protect ourselves at what are some very secure facilities.

Because Obama has made clear that terrorist mobs can kill our people and overrun our embassies with impunity. It's open season now brother. We'll just apologize for allowing our freedom of speech to be offensive. For all the trash talking about George Bush, he never would have tolerated this garbage.

Edited by TMF

I'd bet a dollar to a donut that his security detail was routinely insufficient to meet the threat. There is too much concern by politicians about how things "appear", and that interferes with opsec. Probably they were afraid that adequate security would "offend" the host nation...and that's a crock. Those people perceive much as weakness, whether it IS weakness or not. They understand strength. There's a legend, and I dont know if its true or not, but it could be. From Wikipedia:

"in October 1985, Alpha Group( a KGB Group with a Spetsnaz team attached) would be dispatched to Beirut, Lebanon after the Kremlin was informed that four Soviet diplomats had been taken hostage by a Sunni extremist group. By the time Alpha was on-site, word had spread that one of the hostages had already been killed. Through a network of supporting KGB operatives, members of the task-force were able to successfully identify each of the perpetrators involved in the crisis, and once discovered, began to take the individual relatives of the extremists hostage. Following the standard Soviet policy of "no negotiation with terrorists," the hostages belonging to Alpha Group had some of their body parts cut off and sent directly to the Sunni militants. The warning was quite clear: more would follow unless the remaining hostages were released immediately. The show of force worked, and for a period of 20 years[4] no Soviet or Russian officials were taken captive until the 2006 abduction and murder of four Russian embassy staff members in Iraq."

How many did we lose in that same 20 years? And continue to lose. Brute force is what they understand. And yes I think we should fully support Israel. I was trying to count up the numbers of times that Jews and Cristians have killed Americans with Government or religious leader endorsement, and you know what? I cant remember many at all...oddly enough. Now contrast that with the number of Islamist killings of Americans, both here and abroad, and is your number slightly higher? Its time to wake up. I read a statement that I liked, and although it may not be 100% true, I like it. It said that " Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims." I hope Israel strikes, very soon and very hard. I hope they do not wait until after the elections as Obama wants. He wants that because he wiull not support them after the election, despite his support by American Jews. He could possibly lose their support and the support of other Americans and lose votes if They attack and he doesnt support Israel before the election.

Edited by barewoolf