Another one---Anderson County man shoots himself in face while cleaning rifle

How many more idiots will it take? Was he looking down the barrel and pulled the trigger or ???? The only time I've looked down a barrel from the muzzel end, the barrel was no longer attached to the action, and did not have a bolt in it. Whats it gonna take before people start obeying the 4 basic rules of gun safety.

1. Treat every weapon as if it were loaded.

2. Never point a weapon at anything you do not intend to shoot.

3. Keep finger straight and off the trigger until you are ready to fire.

4. Keep weapon on safe until you intend to fire

I was being sarcastic!!! In all seriousiness, I wander if these just cleaning my gun stories is more of an attempt to hide suicide. I have read that most attempted or successful suicides are not reported in the media on purpose, but this is a way to get the word out about a suicide attempt without calling it a suicide attempt.

I am starting to think I should open a gun cleaning business.

Just bring me your gun. No no, i will get out of your car for you and carry it in. I don't want you touching it while I am in the area. When you come back, it will be clean and ready to go. (for a nominal fee)

Not so sure these are "cleaning" incidents. Maybe for media purposes, but something more sinister? Zombies taking immediate control of your hand and finger and causing intential firing. There are just not that many idiots.

What kind of pixie dust and rainbow fantasy land are you living in?

There's idiots EVERYWHERE!!!!!!! I'm surrounded by them. I feel like my position may be overrun at any minute.

8819525576.jpg

I was being sarcastic!!! In all seriousiness, I wander if these just cleaning my gun stories is more of an attempt to hide suicide. I have read that most attempted or successful suicides are not reported in the media on purpose, but this is a way to get the word out about a suicide attempt without calling it a suicide attempt.

I was about to say the same thing,maybe a person would whip out some cleaning supplies and make it seem accidental themselves to try and make it to where their family is more at ease rather than having to deal with the thoughts of a loved one committing suicide, I heard on the radio the other day that suicides are up 75% or something nation wide,not sure if there is any truth to that number or not.

Wonder what retard reasoning they have to try and sweep suicides/attempts under the table?

The classic reasons to rule a suicide as an accident "while he was cleaning his gun" are to save the family the embarrassment. (it used to be considered quite shameful) and to allow the family to collect life insurance. Nowadays in most states (including Tennessee) as long as the insurance policy has been in place for 2+ years, the policy pays off in case of suicide too. This was not always the case.

I agree with the suicide thing. When clean my guns, I usually check my guns 2 or 3 times while cleaning. Lay gun down go get a glass of tea come back check gun. Drink tea check gun. Come on guys. This ain't rocket science. I vote suicide.

JTM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah...if we started giving IQ tests to people before allowing them to exercise their rights about about half the people wouldn't pass. Just think about it...just under 53% of the voting public are idiots (they voted for Obama in 2008)

Looking at the news in the past month or so here in "Clarksvegas", require a IQ test for carry permits also! There are some "real winners" legaly carrying right now! Almost scary!

Dave S

I wonder if we are going to hear about more "cleaning accidents" the closer it gets to Dec. 21? Or whatever day the Earth is gonna "end"....? I don't believe anything's gonna happen but there are some real believers.

The Mayan calendar does not actually predict anything. It is just an end of a cycle like we have ends of calendar years. OK, it is a long count. However, nothing craved in the stone says what might happen.

I believe they would have just started a new freaking cycle when that one ends.

The date was also miscalculated, http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012-guest.html It is really dec 24th.

What did the Maya themselves think about End Times? There is no evidence that they saw the calendar and a world age ending in either transcendence or catastrophe on December 21, 2012

BTW, the great alignment they keep talking about that they believe links to the Mayan Calendar, oops it actually already happened,

Third, the sun appears to enter the part of the sky occupied by the Dark Rift every year at the same time, and its arrival there in Dec. 2012 portends precisely nothing.

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012-alignment.html

Also that being said, the power of the masses is something else. I believe there will be a run on basic supplies by some, others will do nothing.

Didn't the date already pass I thought there was a misconception because the differences in a lunar and Gregorian calendar, without the use of leap years and such. I'll see if I can find it, but if you use their calendar the date had already passed.

• Like 1