Firearms confiscation. How would it go down?

I have one of "those" friends. You know, the Alex Jones worshipper that is convinced martial law is coming this October. He was also convinced it was coming last October and this past April as well. I don't think it would be attempted any time soon but if it was how would it happen? For those of you in law enforcement, would you follow an order to go door to door confiscating weapons? If you knew it was coming, how would you prepare for it? I've thought about it a little and was curious what others thought. If they did it I think it would be like the UK. Turn your guns in and after the grace period it's a felony. IDK, something else to think about.

Our system of government would have to collapse first. If that happends, knocking on my front door will be a dangerous thing to do.

Double that sentiment.

The gov can't logistically accomplish this feat. If they tried it would be bloody. Even if only a fraction of the population decided to fight, it would be more than what our government would be able to handle. That doesn't even take into account all the military and law enforcement that would be told to carry out unlawful orders who are gun owners themselves. It won't happen. Gun control will come in the form of restrictions such as the Brady Bill. Even then, if every military style rifle disappeared tomorrow and all we had were lever actions and shotguns, we'd still be the best armed nation in the world and the gov wouldn't have the capability to subject the people to martial law without the viable concern of getting smacked down by the citizenry.

It can’t happen, and if your friends listens to Alex Jones and is not intelligent enough to see that this guy is only lining his pockets by exploiting the fears of the weak and uneducated; he won’t understand what you are saying.

• Like 6

That doesn't even take into account all the military and law enforcement that would be told to carry out unlawful orders who are gun owners themselves.

And they would refuse and that would probably be the end of it. “The governmentâ€, even if they wanted to, can not plan any kind of “take over†of anything without knowing how many troops they have. If you give an unlawful order and your troops refuse; you are done.

The SCOTUS has ruled on gun rights. You have the right to own guns, the state determines when and where you can carry them. Yes, they could outlaw EBR’s, but that is doubtful.

As TMF points out, it’s logistically impossible. Of course if you believe Obama is going to invoke Martial Law for no good reason, and those that are task with carrying it out are going to follow his orders; you aren’t going to care about facts.

• Like 1

There is a reason that bans normally include a grandfather clause. All those EBR's have huge monetary value. The government will never be able to reemburse citizens for even the fraction of that value. So, even outlawing them is the stuff of banana republics. That wouldn't (couldn't) be resolved peacefully. It would just strongly reenforce one of the main reasons that folks own those types of weapons to begin with. 5% of the gun owners would would be tough to deal with.

Like this:

Shut down of electric and water supplies (Fed has been attempting to take control of both from states and local municipalities). Shut down of fuel supply. No fuel, no re-supply. Grocery stores would be empty in 1 day. After 3-5 days people would be getting desperate and panic would set in. Govt. "food trucks" would start coming through neighborhoods and demand trade of guns for food and water. Most people with wives and children would give up their weapons under pressure, no matter what they may say now. A few weeks of this and most guns would have been confiscated. After that, guns and possession of guns would be declared illegal and anyone seen/caught with one would be executed immediately. Incentives would be given to those who rat out friends/family with guns.

Very easily done. Anyone see a problem with this?

Like this:

Shut down of electric and water supplies (Fed has been attempting to take control of both from states and local municipalities). Shut down of fuel supply. No fuel, no re-supply. Grocery stores would be empty in 1 day. After 3-5 days people would be getting desperate and panic would set in. Govt. "food trucks" would start coming through neighborhoods and demand trade of guns for food and water. Most people with wives and children would give up their weapons under pressure, no matter what they may say now. A few weeks of this and most guns would have been confiscated. After that, guns and possession of guns would be declared illegal and anyone seen/caught with one would be executed immediately. Incentives would be given to those who rat out friends/family with guns.

Yes, other than it being a lame TV show; to what end?

Also… me and my band of Patriots would own any vehicles rolling into our area government or otherwise.

So you envision a bunch of American Military following food trucks around collecting guns? biggrin.gif

Like this:

Ever seen a stagecoach robbery in the movies? Where are they gonna get all those armored food trucks? Who is gonna be able to pull that off, and more importantly, why?

Yes, other than it being a lame TV show; to what end?

Also… me and my band of Patriots would own any vehicles rolling into our area government or otherwise.

So you envision a bunch of American Military following food trucks around collecting guns? biggrin.gif

Bingo

Man, I can't wait to put on my ACU's, get all jocked up in kit, and come steal your guns, shoot your dogs, and eat your Fritos........yeaaaaaaaa, takin' yo Fritos.....

Braveheart: you may take our lives but you will never take our FRITOS!

Hmmz food truck rolls in trades guns for food and water, we 3% take the food, guns, water and trucks. Im pretty sure they would never try this.

And I'm with most of you if the order was ever put out to do it no one would follow it.

Firearms confiscation. How would it go down?

Let's look at history!

Didn't this just recently happen in Australia?

It happened in Germany(Hitler)!

How did those countries do it?

It can’t happen, and if your friends listens to Alex Jones and is not intelligent enough to see that this guy is only lining his pockets by exploiting the fears of the weak and uneducated; he won’t understand what you are saying.

Well said.

We have a Constitution and armed folks that swear an oath to protect and uphold it. I'm sure at least one or two of our uniformed people actually intend to honor that oath. Maybe even three. Or they are just mindless automatons that get a sledgehammer lobotomy the second they take their post as a Servicemember or LEO.

Man, I can't wait to put on my ACU's, get all jocked up in kit, and come steal your guns, shoot your dogs, and eat your Fritos........yeaaaaaaaa, takin' yo Fritos.....

My girlfriend is a liberal, and a real non-violent person. But, she'll dump a PMAG in your ass for messin' with her fritos :-)

The SCOTUS has ruled on gun rights. You have the right to own guns, the state determines when and where you can carry them.

Currently IIRC the last vote was a 5 to 4 decision. Obama gets the chance to appoint a couple more judges then that number changes in the wrong direction.

Currently IIRC the last vote was a 5 to 4 decision. Obama gets the chance to appoint a couple more judges then that number changes in the wrong direction.

That assumes that the SCOTUS bases its opinions on its members personal beliefs. I have long believed that, but I hope that it's not true.