Firearms confiscation. How would it go down?

the fact that one day we will be taken over from within

It’s pretty arrogant to think anyone will want to take us over. By the time we get done destroying our own country there won’t be anything left anyone will want, other than maybe the farm land.

We have created the problems we have through our own personal greed. I keep thinking something will happen, but I don’t think there are enough patriots left in this country to turn it around.

It would be interesting. The 10% that would hide their weapons or fight is almost as large as our military.

Your math is off it's much large than our military... 1% of the population in open rebellion is larger than our entire military, state, local, and federal police forces.

And the truth is it would likely be more like 3% in open rebellion in short order.

Did I say American military? I was thinking more of a blue-ish color.

Police? How many cops do think will follow an illegal order to seize guns? And if they did, what do you think will happen when the good cops walk over to the other side?

Police? How many cops do think will follow an illegal order to seize guns? And if they did, what do you think will happen when the good cops walk over to the other side?

blue helmets generally = UN/NATO

which generally = :tinfoil: IMHO

Edited by OhShoot

I guess I wasn't clear enough in my implication of "UN" helmet color, I'll try to be more careful in the future.

I’m still curious as to why this going to happen?

It has about as much chance of happening as a ballistic submarine firing a “warning shot†nuke over Washing D.C. from a foreign island. But that makes for great TV. rollfloor.gif

No one said that it was going to happen, they just asked "how" it could happen. I offered a plausible explanation/scenario.

I guess I wasn't clear enough in my implication of "UN" helmet color, I'll try to be more careful in the future.

I'm wondering two things...

1. Will they send French guys?

2. If so, do they squeal when you shoot 'em?

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 1

Oh, well that’s a whole other story. That’s an occupation; the same thing would happen to them as any other occupying force.

Just thinking about all the ammo buying and O's promise for a civilian army as big as the military.

It’s certainly something he would try. He can recruit for his National Police Force from the growing pool of unemployed. That would help him with his “job creation†numbers. I would say that we would be better off paying them unemployment benefits to stay at home than giving them badges and a gun.

It’s certainly something he would try. He can recruit for his National Police Force from the growing pool of unemployed. That would help him with his “job creation†numbers. I would say that we would be better off paying them unemployment benefits to stay at home than giving them badges and a gun.

I'm sorry but I thought the TSA had the market cornered on unemployed pizza delivery men being given badges and guns :)

• Like 3

The simple fact of the matter is that a government cannot gain and sustain enough support for such a move without convincing people it is necessary to fulfill the end of some grand purpose, or transcendent mission (national survival for instance). I find it very unlikely that will be easy to pull off, at least in the short run, so it would be obvious when that process was taking place. Even the rise of the Nazi party in Germany took many years and was in response to dire economic and social circumstances. I'm not saying it couldn't happen here, history shows us it could, but it's not something I'm all too concerned with. The only way it could happen in a rapid manner would be in response to economic collapse and a subsequent social uprising. The sheeple would demand the government go to extreme measures to restore and maintain order, and I could see weapons confiscation to be a central part of that action. It happened to an extent in New Orleans following Katrina. Many gun owners are not hard-core 2nd Amendment supporters to the degree that they would challenge the government, and they would turn their firearms over to the government, likely with the expectation they will be returned at some point. Again, I think this is unlikely, but possible. As a guy who studies genocide and political violence, I have very little faith in the rule of law to protect individual rights in the face of social chaos.

Edited by East_TN_Patriot
  • Like 1
Guest ThePunisher

Everyone has really been curious as to what kind of flexibility Obama will have with Putin if he gets re-elected.

Maybe after Obama is re-elected and he gets more flexibility, then he will team up with Putin, and the Ruskies will invade our country via the Bering Straits, and they agree to join Obama's civilian army, and they go door to door making their way from the northwest and move eastward until all guns are confiscated. Starting in those western liberal states, they will not face as much resistance, and they won't have to wear blue helmets, because blue is so visible. Their helmets will have a big O on them, and their slogan will be "Forward, and lets put to good use all that ammo that DHS has bought for us, and make use of all these FEMA prison camps". Lots of scenarios that possibly could happen when these two smart guys get together. Maybe Obama changes the dollar currency into Russian rubles. Maybe Obama gives Alaska back to Russia with love. Maybe they will go horseback riding together without their shirts on.

Edited by ThePunisher

I'm sorry but I thought the TSA had the market cornered on unemployed pizza delivery men being given badges and guns :)

Eh, not to be to picky but I don't think anyone at TSA is issued a gun. I'll check but I'm pretty sure it's limited to airport PD, Air Marshals, and other real LEA.

That is a scary thought though, TSA with guns...

Eh, not to be to picky but I don't think anyone at TSA is issued a gun. I'll check but I'm pretty sure it's limited to airport PD, Air Marshals, and other real LEA.

That is a scary thought though, TSA with guns...

I think you missed the tongue firmly placed against my cheek on that comment :)

Nothing is impossible, guys. The issue with Katrina is that civil unrest was cited as why the police disarmed civilians.

If there were a major disaster, man-made (to include economic) or natural, and food supply chains were interrupted, there would be civil unrest as a result of this economy having made people live from paycheck to paycheck. A lot of people do not have more than a weeks worth of food on their shelves. We all forget how ugly society can be when we are competing for supplies.

This scenario could provide a distraction & excuse for them to confiscate/ban weapons as a matter of safety. While many police officers and national guardsmen say they are "OathKeepers", when faced with the sight of their brethren being arrested for not following orders, they may fall into line as well.

Of course, this is just my humble opinion, but it is feasible.

• Like 3