Finally made it to the range with my G32 (357 sig)

dieewigeteufel

And all I can say is wow. This thing packs quite a punch and is incredibly loud. It was actually pushing the target backwards on the track with every hit. I'm pretty impressed with what such a small round can do. My buddy who doesn't like anything but 45's tried to convince me that the 357 sig was wimpy and shouldn't be carried. After this experience, I can definitely say I would never feel under armed carrying anything chambered in 357 sig.

Edited by dieewigeteufel
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend has a SIG P22x model that is .357SIG. He owns many calibers, but he said that one surprised him more than all the others. He said it actually gave him a back ache.

I fired it a few times. It kicked hard, but it didn't intimidate me as much as his SW686 firing .357MAG.

The sig is a great caliber. We have two; a "baby G33" and the compact. They are powerful, accurate, and dependable. The sig is, in fact, what wuz claimed for the 9mm in the 9mm wars of the late 70's and the 80's in which the air force told the army what pistol caliber wuz the best. The 9 mm wuznt it; the sig is.

leroy

Guest The Highlander

I carry either the .45 or a .357 (SIG or magnum) 99% of the time. My G31 was bought because I got a smoking deal, but I LOVE the thing now.

I have had a hankering to play with .357 SIG for awhile. It's just a barrel change for my G23.

We we can ever get to a range at the same time you are welcome to use my G31, Mike. ;)

As to it being a wimpy caliber; it definitely isn't - it carries quite a punch and, because of its relatively small size still allows a lot of capacity...my G31 is my primary carry gun these days (has been for about a year and a half now); I still love my 45s and my 10MM but as an all-around PD caliber, I think he .357SIG is hard to beat.

We we can ever get to a range at the same time you are welcome to use my G31, Mike. ;)

As to it being a wimpy caliber; it definitely isn't - it carries quite a punch and, because of its relatively small size still allows a lot of capacity...my G31 is my primary carry gun these days (has been for about a year and a half now); I still love my 45s and my 10MM but as an all-around PD caliber, I think he .357SIG is hard to beat.

I appreciate the offer. It's really just a Glock part for me. I should just go ahead and order one. .357 magnum may be my favorite old school caliber.

You may want to check out the doubletap 125gr bonded defense rounds for that thing as well. There's almost no muzzle flash and you can feel a substantial difference in the action smoothness and power behind 'em.

Target ammo was pretty loud, but the DT ammo I think, it louder than a magnum.

I've always wanted to shoot one but I never knew anyone who had one. It's basically a .40 cal casing necked down to .357 right?

A lot of people try to say it is a necked down .40 case but it isn't. It is a SHORTENED 10mm case necked down to .40. It always aggravates the crap out of me when people say it is a shortened .40 case. IT IS NOT!

After reading TGO a few months ago about the 357Sig, had to go buy a barrel for my Sig P229 (thanks a lot guys). All that I can say is WOW, and dang gone, I have another ammo platform to maintain besides the big 3, 9mm, 40S&W and 45auto, now the 357Sig is part of the club. Could the 10mm be next? To bad Sigs don't have OEM 10mm, I guess I have to try the G20.

A lot of people try to say it is a necked down .40 case but it isn't. It is a SHORTENED 10mm case necked down to .40. It always aggravates the crap out of me when people say it is a shortened .40 case. IT IS NOT!

That's why I asked instead of declared. But thank you for clearing that up.