Workaround for gun bans

You know, driving home today I had an idea. Also not sure if it would work but if the State did a state Supported Militia. 100 percent volunteer with a back ground check like TICS (same requirements). People have to train a couple times a year, however the state could call apon them if there was say a Natural disaster and they needed more bodies to help with a crisis.

I was trying to think of a state formed militia that would not put a person on a terrorist watch list.
  • Like 1
You know, driving home today I had an idea. Also not sure if it would work but if the State did a state Supported Militia. 100 percent volunteer with a back ground check like TICS (same requirements). People have to train a couple times a year, however the state could call apon them if there was say a Natural disaster and they needed more bodies to help with a crisis.

I was trying to think of a state formed militia that would not put a person on a terrorist watch list.

Not on a state list, anyway. Ole Janet would just put the whole state on the list, but who cares?

• Moderators
Chuck, I'd be careful posting stuff like that on a internet forum.

For those that know me and my interwebs based activities, if I am not on every watch list out there, somebody is not doing their job. I have already come to the conclusion that I will be murdered by my own government. So,when the day comes, I shall exercise my right to engage in an unfair gunfight. Lord willing, our elected officials and the people that vote for them, will wise up before that day comes as I really would like to die an old man in bed with someone else's hot young wife. If not, all I hope is that at least one person knows is that all I ever wanted is for the government to leave all of us alone to live our lives as we saw fit.

I don't want revolution. I don't want civil war. I just want to be left alone. However, I fear our government is too far along down the road to tyranny to allow that to happen.
  • Like 2
No offense taken. I am aware that there is a certain amount of poking the bear going on with the things I say. Eventually the bear will tire of being poked and do what it is that bears do.

The bear needs a good poke every now and then to keep it on it's toes. However, while it's not a good idea to poke it by yourself, the 2nd ammendment guarantees that, if neccessary, there will always be others to help you poke it and that your stick will always have a point to it. You poke a bear enough times with a sharp enough stick and you have a new rug. Granted, a rug with a lot of holes, but you know what I mean. :)

Edited by gnmwilliams
I personally feel we have a lot better chance getting something done on a state level than we do on the federal level. We have a pretty pro-gun government on the state level here in TN.

I'm sorry but your post seems to indicate you mean the State of Tennessee?  What planet are you living on where our state legislature would be considered pro-gun?

I strongly suggest you re-read some of the insane state laws we have regarding firearms, then go bug your legislator to fix those issues :)

For example, how about not making all firearm possession in the state illegal?  Or having to pay an unconstitutional fee every time you purchase a firearm in this state?

Edited by JayC
  • Moderators
No offense taken. I am aware that there is a certain amount of poking the bear going on with the things I say. Eventually the bear will tire of being poked and do what it is that bears do.
The bear needs a good poke every now and then to keep it on it's toes. However, while it's not a good idea to poke it by yourself, the 2nd ammendment guarantees that, if neccessary, there will always be others to help you poke it and that your stick will always have a point to it. You poke a bear enough times with a sharp enough stick and you have a new rug. Granted, a rug with a lot of holes, but you know what I mean. :)

Our bear could use a few holes. I think it would be an improvement. ;)
Chuck, I hope I didn't offend you in the previous post. I just know they are starting to drag people off to jail that makes what they consider a "threat" under the guise of homeland security.

I didn't see anyone dragged off for threatening to klLL Romney or threatening to klLL head of NRA and NRA members.  Apparently the dragging off only works one way.

I'm sorry but your post seems to indicate you mean the State of Tennessee?  What planet are you living on where our state legislature would be considered pro-gun?

I strongly suggest you re-read some of the insane state laws we have regarding firearms, then go bug your legislator to fix those issues :)

For example, how about not making all firearm possession in the state illegal?  Or having to pay an unconstitutional fee every time you purchase a firearm in this state?

I'd agree that the TN state government isn't as pro gun as I'd like for it to be but it's way better than the federal government. There have been several pro gun laws passed in the last few years in TN, while the rest of the country seems to be on a trend passing anti gun laws.

I know we have a long way to go but I'd be willing to bet we will see some sort of pro-gun legislation come out of the state during the next term. I'd also be willing to bet there will be zero pro-gun legislation come from the federal level (BHO would certainly veto it) and we will be very, very lucky if there isn't a bunch of anti-gun stuff passed into law.

. There have been several pro gun laws passed in the last few years in TN, while the rest of the country seems to be on a trend passing anti gun laws.

Since the ascension of Beth Harwell to the Speaker's position and Bill Haslam to Governor, there have been NO pro gun laws passed in TN.

• Like 1
I'd agree that the TN state government isn't as pro gun as I'd like for it to be but it's way better than the federal government. There have been several pro gun laws passed in the last few years in TN, while the rest of the country seems to be on a trend passing anti gun laws.

I know we have a long way to go but I'd be willing to bet we will see some sort of pro-gun legislation come out of the state during the next term. I'd also be willing to bet there will be zero pro-gun legislation come from the federal level (BHO would certainly veto it) and we will be very, very lucky if there isn't a bunch of anti-gun stuff passed into law.

I'll let you in on a little secret, there have been no pro gun laws passed since the Republican party took over complete control of the legislature.  They don't believe in your 2nd Amendment rights unless they can use it as a wedge issue to win elections...  As soon as they are in power, no more gun bills pass.

There are pro-gun legislatures in this country, TN isn't one of them I'm sorry to say.  They still pass unconstitutional laws (both from a federal as well as a state constitutional level), and refuse to view the right to own and carry a firearm as anything more than a privledge they grant us. 

• Like 1