Denied? Dispute Process...

So, I've had my eye on a Sig 522, and finally went to Academy today to pick one up. Imagine my surprise when my TICS background check denied me the purchase! Anyway, I faxed the dispute as soon as I got home. I have seen these types on "denied" threads on here before, so I didn't get too wound up about it. My question is: How long does the dispute / appeal process take? Also, will i receive e-mail notification, phone call, etc., when it has been resolved? Any info is greatly appreciated!

I had it happen twice and I had bought many guns. Mine were both on a Saturday and were cleared by appeal on Tuesday.  You can call, the TBI, but they were pretty clueless in their guesses as to what happened with mine. BATF is who ended up telling me what caused mine, and how to fix it.

Guest MilitiaMan

Gotta make sure the information has been put in correctly on both sides.. Human error is the most common reason it gets denied..

I agree with this. I have bought dozens of guns. Denied only twice. 1st time, went back two days later and all was well. This last time was several weeks ago and have not been back since.

Guest Mad4rcn
Very true,I've purchased six new toys in the last six months,this is the first time ever came back denied. I have HCP and an Armed guard license from state. Can't imagine the problem. I do know that I did not put down SS#,I think usually I do,but not this time for some reason,stupid on my part. That may be the problem?

Very true,I've purchased six new toys in the last six months,this is the first time ever came back denied. I have HCP and an Armed guard license from state. Can't imagine the problem. I do know that I did not put down SS#,I think usually I do,but not this time for some reason,stupid on my part. That may be the problem?

I would say with certainty that is what is at fault.

Nearly without variance, anyone that has an issue, didn't list their SS#.

• Like 1

but allot of times checks go though clean with out the SSN as well

I have brought 1 gun with my SSN, and since I have left that option blank and got though with no trouble 

I got though TICS today with out my SSN as well. 

Im pretty sure the SSN has nothing to do with it. Your SSN is attached to your DL #. It does make it faster because they don't have to look it up. I worked for a gun shop and had bought several guns before and never listed my SSN. Then one day I bought an AR receiver and had a co worker call it in to tbi. The lady tried to tell him that bc I was not born in the US that she had to have it, which is BS. Then my co worker explained that I worked there and we know that's not true. She replied, "oh it's just easier so I don't have to look it up"

Anyways I've ran hundreds on background checks and I have no idea why some people get denied for no reason. I've seen HCP holders, police officers, and military denied. I'm fairly certain your ssn really doesn't have any bearing on it.