Troy Defense Statement on Dick’s Canceling Black Friday Carbine Orders

They didn't mention a lawsuit, but hard to imagine that a breach of contract doesn't exist there at the least.

- OS

Hope so, and it would be awesome if every person they refused to fulfill the order for filed a case against them too. Has to be something they broke for taking money and then refusing to follow through for no reason other than they just didn't feel like it. 

Edited by Sam1
One-time gun seller Dick’s Sporting Goods

I never never considered Dick's to be a source for guns and ammo.

Per Troy, Dicks was selling them undercost.

seriously how does a business make any money selling anything under cost?

It Troy has products available on hand they should find the customers that Dick screwed and try to work out something for those customers as good PR.

BTW if Troy does have left over inventory, I believe they could truck it direct to TN and sell it quick.

• Like 1
[quote name="vontar" post="871700" timestamp="1356827355"]I never never considered Dick's to be a source for guns and ammo.   Per Troy, Dicks was selling them undercost.   seriously how does a business make any money selling anything under cost?   It Troy has products available on hand they should find the customers that Dick screwed and try to work out something for those customers as good PR.   BTW if Troy does have left over inventory, I believe they could truck it direct to TN and sell it quick.[/quote] Accessories are the bread and butter of retail. Kinda like those $2 cables that they sell for $80
[quote name='Oh Shoot' timestamp='1356822328' post='871632']They didn't mention a lawsuit, but hard to imagine that a breach of contract doesn't exist there at the least. - OS[/quote] This is their shot across the bow before issuing a lawsuit. They might get some quick go away money from Dicks instead of dealing with the legal issues It also clearly explains to customers where the fault lies - I'm sure many people are calling Troy trying to buy an AR at the below cost thanksgiving price that Dicks offered. I'm sure they are pisses off people - Dicks will be facing legal suits from all of them I'm sure - especially since the prices of ARs has rocketed up
I appreciate Dicks showing their true colors. They will not see a dime of my money being as they dont want to associate themselves with my kind.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings to see Dicks Sporting Goods fold under, they would have no one to blame but themselves if they did.
  • Like 1

I waved off Dicks a long time ago. When my wife was getting into skeet she wanted a nice O/U. Dick's had what we were looking for but when I asked to feel the trigger pull they refused. I asked the manager and he also refused. I asked if I could return the gun if the triggers were too heavy for our liking and they said no. That $5 trigger lock cost them over a thousand that day and probably 3x that since then.

Anyone who knows me knows I am pretty OCD about trigger pulls. I only own one gun that hasn't had the trigger worked on and that is something I purchased last week. It is coming, I just need to figure out how hard it is going to be.

Dolomite

• Like 1

"Per Troy, Dicks was selling them undercost." - vontar

They didn't say anything about selling under cost.  They were selling the guns at a very log margin with plans on making that margin up by high volume sales.   So they may only have to make $20 off each gun with Dicks where they would have to make $120 through other channels at lower volumes. 

It wouldn't hurt my feelings to see Dicks Sporting Goods fold under, they would have no one to blame but themselves if they did.

Don't want to see anyone out of a job, so I hope they go bankrupt and sell to a different company that starts selling guns again.

[quote name="battleop" post="872118" timestamp="1356883934"]"Per Troy, Dicks was selling them undercost." - vontar   They didn't say anything about selling under cost.  They were selling the guns at a very log margin with plans on making that margin up by high volume sales.   So they may only have to make $20 off each gun with Dicks where they would have to make $120 through other channels at lower volumes. [/quote]I would think it better for Troy from a manufacturing standpoint to sell 1/6 the volume in guns and make the same amount in $. I would also think that Walmart would have been a much wider distribution than dick's and sell way more units.
Don't want to see anyone out of a job, so I hope they go bankrupt and sell to a different company that starts selling guns again.

Well I would hope the employees would find new jobs but I would like to see the boneheads, CEO's and managment who makes these decisions loose alot of money, punishment for selling out to liberal hysteria.
[quote name="Dolomite_supafly" post="872005" timestamp="1356863094"]I waved off Dicks a long time ago. [/quote] Interesting choice of words there buddy. I think the average TGOers are pretty tolerant, still wouldn't go around saying that in public though.
  • Like 2