Tactical Tomahawks

Any of you have any?

I bought my wife a United Cutlery UC2946 M48 Apocalypse Tactical Tomahawk for Christmas and for the money I was surprised at how nice it is. It was a gag gift for her but she really likes it so I need to buy my own

I will soon be ordering one from http://www.rmjtactical.com/ a hammer forged Shrike model, there seems to be many fine tactical hawks on the market looks like these may be my next collecting obsession! Edited by willis68
Ryan makes the best hawk on the market today. If I had to carry one as a piece of my kit, I would have no issue grabbing a shrike, talon or kestrel...

I have read many many good things about Ryan's work, it is a bonus that he is in Tennessee I am looking forward to the Shrike!
Guest kilo33

I have the SOG also, wife took it out chopped some stuff up without me knowing.  It didn't break and still has an edge.  Low cost, and if she didn't break it I won't.

I tend to go with the more traditional hawks.  I have a CS Trail Hawk and it's been a dandy!  Stripped the head and worked over the edge a bit.  It was pretty dull when I got it.  I had a CS Norse and swapped it away.  I found I missed it, but I wanted something with a pole on it.  The Pole makes it more handy in the woods.  All in all, it was a good $22 spent!

Guest Broomhead

I have the one I built with Spots, which still needs a handle, and a SOG Fasthawk. I have done a lot of chopping with, and throwing of the Fasthawk and it is still in one piece. My FIL bought it for me last Christmas when Wal-Mart had them.

I have the one I built with Spots, which still needs a handle, and a SOG Fasthawk. I have done a lot of chopping with, and throwing of the Fasthawk and it is still in one piece. My FIL bought it for me last Christmas when Wal-Mart had them.

You need to get a handle on that beast man

This is one Broomhead built at my forge from an old brick hammer. I plan to use his design and build several of these this year

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee356/tnplowboy07/2012-12-08_14-33-59_244.jpg

I clicked your link and got a "Malicious Web Site Blocked". Is anyone have problems with Photobucket?

Well I clicked anyway and that is an awesome looking hawk, Spots!

Also note, that I looked into Norton and it says there is a trojan on this gif "i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee352/iconbling/icons/cat/disney/disney_avatars_073". So dont anyone be clicking on a disney avatar LOL

Edited by buck1032
Any of you have any?

I bought my wife a United Cutlery UC2946 M48 Apocalypse Tactical Tomahawk for Christmas and for the money I was surprised at how nice it is. It was a gag gift for her but she really likes it so I need to buy my own

I will soon be ordering one from http://www.rmjtactical.com/ a hammer forged Shrike model, there seems to be many fine tactical hawks on the market looks like these may be my next collecting obsession!

I've got a Shrike that I've had for a couple of years. It is a fantastic weapon/tool.

Any of you have any?

I will soon be ordering one from http://www.rmjtactical.com/ a hammer forged Shrike model, there seems to be many fine tactical hawks on the market looks like these may be my next collecting obsession!

i just looked at the site and that loggerhead looks bada$$

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a CS Trench Hawk for awhile. I like most things about it, but I feel the haft is a bit too long (totally subjective) and more than a bit large in diameter (also subjective) and slippery (objective fact). I stippled the handle with a soldering iron, but it's still long and chunky, so I bought a Colt X-1. I didn't expect much for $25 at SMKW, but I REALLY like the X-1. I still plan to try out an M48. My buddy has a SOG, but I don't care for the head shape at all.

• 3 weeks later...