Ammo price @ at Franklin gun show today

Well, looked like there were a lot of legit sellers today with only a few gougers. Couple of random people selling overpriced ammo in the corners, (800 for $600 and so on). This was the best price I found there:

541856_4057174912514_530868737_n.jpg

Also ran into someone selling ar10 pmags for $60 and he was telling me how good of a deal they were  :rofl:

On to the useful stuff: Thanks again David for the supplies, awesome deal and the .45's should hold us over for a week or two  :up:

IMAG0017_zpscaeef4b3.jpg

If it isn't overpriced it's nonexistant. Just for the heck of it I stopped by Academy in Smyrna since I was next door at Lowes. Not a single round of 5.56 or 7.62x39 to be seen. The only 22lr I saw was ratshot, and 9mm was almost as bare.

If it isn't overpriced it's nonexistant. Just for the heck of it I stopped by Academy in Smyrna since I was next door at Lowes. Not a single round of 5.56 or 7.62x39 to be seen. The only 22lr I saw was ratshot, and 9mm was almost as bare.

Did they have any EBR's?

That's the same 420 rds on stripper clips Walmart sells for $159. Sure it's sold out but I'm not paying $500 just to get it. I think they $.75/per and up round people are asking in the classifieds section on here is disgraceful. Edited by Lumber_Jack
  • Like 3

That's the same 420 rds on stripper clips Walmart sells for $159. Sure it's sold out but I'm not paying $500 just to get it. I think they $.75/per round people are asking in the classifieds section on here is disgraceful.

Yeah, /\ This!

[quote name="Moped" post="877659" timestamp="1357523613"]Why is everyone buy up .22 for?[/quote] it's cheaper to shoot at the range when ammo gets to high and is so way out of price, and still be able to go have some fun at the range.

22 is what preppers buy.  Its cheap, it can put food on the table, it is usable for defense (think 10-22 with 30 round mags), its lightweight.  Its ideal for survival, its ideal for range time. 

Cheap as reloading is for range time,  500 primers and 500 rounds of 22 LR are not too far off in price.   Time you buy powder and make or buy bullets, the 22 is looking mighty good for practice.

People that own nothing else often have a .22 rifle or pistol.

The more guns one person or household owns, the more likely one of them is a .22   ---- I would say owners of 5+ guns will have a 22 at a rate of close to 99.99%

People are also buying up the .22 LR "AR-15" guns and ammo for them.

Add it all up, and the demand for .22 is going to be huge from across the board.  And, if you did not notice it, .22 has been in short supply since the election, the shooting had little to do with it.   The shooting did not HELP, but I have not seen my favorite 2 .22 bulk packs since thanksgiving....

• Like 1

There's plenty of gouging going on with 22LR too at this point.  I was surfing Craigslist this morning and there was a guy selling 1000 rounds of rimfire for $400!!!  :down:  :ugh:  I highly doubt he will find a buyer.

Yep. Prices on GB are crazy. I shoot .22 as much if not more than larger calibers.

How does the eley compare to minimags? 

I'd like to buy some but afraid it wont run my conversion. 

Most match grade Eley is supersonic and will be more accurate than Mini Mags. Mini Mags are 1235 fps.

That being said, I shoot Blazer and Mini Mag's 90% of the time. I just shoot the Eley or Wolf (Lapua) when I'm trying for best grouping.